Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starbucks On Week 2 Post Op

Also iced passion tea is caffeine free

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

The passion tea is soooo good. I bought the tea bags and make it at home. I haven't had it iced. I'll have to try that.

The passion tea is soooo good. I bought the tea bags and make it at home. I haven't had it iced. I'll have to try that.

The hot passion tea does not taste like the iced, different tea leaves. Look for a small blue box which has the iced passion tea bags

The Tazo tea bags passion' date=' not iced, not hot, does this have caffeine[/quote']

Passion is caffeine free regardless of how you brew it

It has to be said that this whole thread has been incrediably amusing. I never really drank coffee before surgery (didn't have a taste for it) when I was traveling I wanted a hot tea (decaf) with skim and splenda...no dice. They didn't have Decaf tea. (Stupid airport) So I tried a decaf coffee and I actually liked it! So weird. I hate my Protein Shakes now that I used to love, can taste natural sugar in veggies (especially carrots) and now I like coffee. Way to go taste buds. But the passion iced tea sounds fab. :P

Lebim,

I just have to say thank you so much for all of your advice! This has all been so very helpful and after all the wonderful passion tea reviews I can't wait to try it! Lol be prepared for lots more questions when the peppermint mocha arrives :)

Thanks again!

Lebim' date='

I just have to say thank you so much for all of your advice! This has all been so very helpful and after all the wonderful passion tea reviews I can't wait to try it! Lol be prepared for lots more questions when the peppermint mocha arrives :)

Thanks again![/quote']

Skinny mocha is your friend, i live on it w/ sf hazelnut (nutella). we always have peppermint but I know in the past we've have sf peppermint so here's hoping that returns

That's where I work!

Trenta passion tea w/ 3 equals no Water

Trenta ice Water with 1 inch of very berry hibiscus juice (delicious!!!)

Earl grey tea with cream

Do you know if their chai teas can be done sugar free? I usually got skinny iced white mocha pre surgery, that's my favorite. What would be comparable?

I gave up all caffiene and soda the day of surgery. I made my husband buy starbucks the other day just so I could take a big ole whiff...... smelled heavenly!!!!

I'm planning on not going back to my diet pop whichi love, but I want to try to find acceptable coffees

I'm currently sitting in a Starbucks and have already sucked down half of my venti iced skinny vanilla latte. It's HOT outside and it's delicious. Unfortunately I just looked at their nutrition pamphlet and a venti skinny flavored latte has 22 grams of sugar in it! DOH!!!!

How is that possible? The vanilla Syrup is sugar free. Is it from the nonfat milk? Do you think they're counting the lactose?

This is not my first skinny latte since surgery. It doesnt cause me any problems.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Skinny only refers to the fat. You have to ask for sugar free. I actually don't like their sugar free syrups but I'm hoping after going so long without that maybe it will taste good to me. If it's not bothering you, I would say save it for once in a while and let yourself have it. But try the sugar free, maybe you'll like it.

New drink idea!

A tall banana chocolate smoothie made with nonfat milk and skinny mocha. It comes with a scoop of Protein which equals 10g/protein! I get it with 1/2 the banana though and not that much milk because the surgery made me lactose intolerant and milk now makes me gassy :|

That sounds awesome. I'm not sure if ours does smoothies though. We're overseas so it might not be the same (even on base).

Skinny only refers to the fat. You have to ask for sugar free. I actually don't like their sugar free syrups but I'm hoping after going so long without that maybe it will taste good to me. If it's not bothering you' date=' I would say save it for once in a while and let yourself have it. But try the sugar free, maybe you'll like it.[/quote']

It was my understanding that ordering a "skinny" means nonfat and sugar free. Otherwise it would be a nonfat latte or sugar free latte. Combine the two and you have a skinny.

It was my understanding that ordering a "skinny" means nonfat and sugar free. Otherwise it would be a nonfat latte or sugar free latte. Combine the two and you have a skinny.

That could be that possibly it's only the ones here that don't recognize that.