Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starbucks On Week 2 Post Op

I love starbuck!! I also get skinny mocha small.

I'm currently sitting in a Starbucks and have already sucked down half of my venti iced skinny vanilla latte. It's HOT outside and it's delicious. Unfortunately I just looked at their nutrition pamphlet and a venti skinny flavored latte has 22 grams of sugar in it! DOH!!!!

How is that possible? The vanilla Syrup is sugar free. Is it from the nonfat milk? Do you think they're counting the lactose?

This is not my first skinny latte since surgery. It doesnt cause me any problems.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

You have to let them know sugar free with skim milk

7*10*12

I'm currently sitting in a Starbucks and have already sucked down half of my venti iced skinny vanilla latte. It's HOT outside and it's delicious. Unfortunately I just looked at their nutrition pamphlet and a venti skinny flavored latte has 22 grams of sugar in it! DOH!!!!

How is that possible? The vanilla Syrup is sugar free. Is it from the nonfat milk? Do you think they're counting the lactose?

This is not my first skinny latte since surgery. It doesnt cause me any problems.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Milk, regardless if it is nonfat or whole, is 12g of sugar and 12g of carbs per 8oz, all that changes is the fat content. A venti iced latte is 3/4 milk with only a tenth of the 26oz cup being the 3 shots of espresso and 6 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup, the rest is ice.

Sincerely,

your friendly neighborhood Starbucks employee

Ps - many people post op cannot process milk (me for example) but there are the lucky ones like you. Since the sugar and carbs are coming from a natural source (I.e. cows) you are probably able to drink it with no problem. Same thing is true for why people can usually digest Beans versus is if an item with the same sugar/carb content (I.e. bread) would make you sick.

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

Oh our Starbucks girl! Can I get a iced coffee Decaf? With sf vanilla?

Lolz I want a skinny mocha nonfat milk. We love you.. How much calorie is that?

Oh our Starbucks girl! Can I get a iced coffee Decaf? With sf vanilla?

I've gotten it before and been fine. I personally prefer an iced americano versus our iced coffee though. Watch out with the half&half of course. Try the sugar free french vanilla (sf vanilla & sf hazelnut)

Lolz I want a skinny mocha nonfat milk. We love you.. How much calorie is that?

I don't count calories. The skinny mocha is sugar free and uses nonfat milk. A tall is 12oz so it's about a cup of milk with 4oz containing 1 shot of espresso and 3 pumps of skinny mocha

I don't count calories. The skinny mocha is sugar free and uses nonfat milk. A tall is 12oz so it's about a cup of milk with 4oz containing 1 shot of espresso and 3 pumps of skinny mocha

2 pumps mocha would be enough flavor and less calories

Aaaaaanyways. Another drink suggestion! The very berry hibiscus refresher. NOT THE CAN OR VIA - the stuff they make in store. It's 100% fruit juice, Water, and dried black berries. If you can process the natural sugars in berries you'll be fine. No added sugar. Green coffee extract so there is caffeine, less than a cup of coffee but more than a soda. Low calorie (60 cals in a tall) and really is refreshing.

Ps- there is also the cool lime refresher. (Lime fruit juice with a dried lime and water) I personally don't like it as much since the "cool" in cool lime refers to a minty undertone in the lime juice, but a lot of people like it.

No you don't. *skinny* means we change it to nonfat milk and sugar free Syrup and no whip cream

I have to stress the point cause them high school kids just put anything in it, they look at you like your fat you mean you want sugar... I was so pissed when I had to take coffee back telling them they put sugar..

7*10*12

Milk' date=' regardless if it is nonfat or whole, is 12g of sugar and 12g of carbs per 8oz, all that changes is the fat content. A venti iced latte is 3/4 milk with only a tenth of the 26oz cup being the 3 shots of espresso and 6 pumps of sugar free vanilla Syrup, the rest is ice.

Sincerely,

your friendly neighborhood Starbucks employee

Ps - many people post op cannot process milk (me for example) but there are the lucky ones like you. Since the sugar and carbs are coming from a natural source (I.e. cows) you are probably able to drink it with no problem. Same thing is true for why people can usually digest Beans versus is if an item with the same sugar/carb content (I.e. bread) would make you sick.

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12[/quote']

Thank you Kaylee Ann! That was just the explaination I needed. I figured it was all that milk. I don't know what I was thinking ordering a venti anyway. I only made it halfway through that cup. At least it had a few grams of Protein in it.

I have to stress the point cause them high school kids just put anything in it' date=' they look at you like your fat you mean you want sugar... I was so pissed when I had to take coffee back telling them they put sugar..

7*10*12[/quote']

Most Starbucks will not hire anyone under 18 years old