Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Will Gas And Queasy Go Away?

I'm still in the liquid stage but I still have so much gas by just drinking water... I also still get queasy when I'm drinking anything as well. I'm a week and a day post-op and it's getting so frustrating. It's impossible for me to get in 64oz or even 75g of Protein because of the gas and queasiness.

Make sure your walking, it helps a lot, I notice that I can only drink Water if it's ice cold. I also went through a few days of not being able to hold my liquids down, the doctor gave me some for nausea and stomach acid and been fine since.

Make sure your walking' date=' it helps a lot, I notice that I can only drink Water if it's ice cold. I also went through a few days of not being able to hold my liquids down, the doctor gave me some for nausea and stomach acid and been fine since.[/quote']

Do u take this medication for life?

To get all your liquids and Protein in on a daily basis, I start the second I wake by sip, sip, sip Water and usually by the end of the day I drink min. 64 oz. The protein I use about a cup of 2% milk and 2.5 scoops of portein powder and have that as a snack around 10 a.m., again... I sip, sip, sip constantly. I know, its difficult but you have to push to get those numbers down, its very important. Try walking that was my relief. Good luck.. it does get better... I promise !!!

I'm having the same problem with the queasiness

I'm almost 1 week post op & definitely struggling with getting in all my Protein (seems like nothing tastes good). The one thing I've found that has made the shakes a little more doable, is mixing milk (i use silk) with carnation instant Breakfast choc sugar free & then just add 1/2 a scoop of your Protein Powder. Hope that helps.

I had the same problem my first week. It will go away if you walk. I found that if I walked shortly after I would burp or pass gas. Also when you lay down try to sleep on alternating sides. Have Water with you all the time and sip as much as you can. Your second week will go much better.

What makes all the gass I keep reading about ? Is it from when they do the surgery ? Or is it burp fart gass"tmi I know" from what we eat drink? Sorry had to ask :)

I've been carrying Water every where I go, I just have the worst problem getting all of it down. I'll be glad when this struggling gets over with. I have been walking, maybe not enough do I'll step up there. I used to just chug my drinks like crazy before surgery, now with post-op life it's depressing barely being able to get anything down... And I'm super thirsty, just this gas and queasy feeling makes me hesitant.

Yeah, from what I hear, walking is the best medicine. Another member suggested baby gas drops.

I've been carrying Water every where I go' date=' I just have the worst problem getting all of it down. I'll be glad when this struggling gets over with. I have been walking, maybe not enough do I'll step up there. I used to just chug my drinks like crazy before surgery, now with post-op life it's depressing barely being able to get anything down... And I'm super thirsty, just this gas and queasy feeling makes me hesitant.[/quote']

Try using 2oz cups and mark in a notebook every time you finish one, so you know what your intake is, than more to 3oz cups etc

I'm still in the liquid stage but I still have so much gas by just drinking Water... I also still get queasy when I'm drinking anything as well. I'm a week and a day post-op and it's getting so frustrating. It's impossible for me to get in 64oz or even 75g of Protein because of the gas and queasiness.

Hey,

The queasyness can last for 1 week to month for most people. Your doctor can give you nasuea meds that dissolve on the tongue to help with that. For the gas, I would use baby smithcone drops that's sold over the counter.

Drinking gets easier. I'm only 4 weeks post op and can pretty drink normal sized sips. Obviously I can't chug but it's a lot easier to get my liquids in. You will be feeling better soon I promise. I never thought I would feel "normal" so soon but I do!

Hey' date='

The queasyness can last for 1 week to month for most people. Your doctor can give you nasuea meds that dissolve on the tongue to help with that. For the gas, I would use baby smithcone drops that's sold over the counter.[/quote']

That's what I have to the dissolvable meds.

I'm still in the liquid stage but I still have so much gas by just drinking Water... I also still get queasy when I'm drinking anything as well. I'm a week and a day post-op and it's getting so frustrating. It's impossible for me to get in 64oz or even 75g of Protein because of the gas and queasiness.

I wanna tell you it will get better soon but I am too busy burping and feeling nauseous to tell you that !! ; ). I am 3 weeks out today and today was my queasiest day so far !! I am looking forward to a life thin with less gas and being able to eat !! One day, we will get there !!! Stay strong my friend and feel free to whine as much as you want!! Sometimes it actually helps !!!