Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a Tummy Tuck BEFORE having kids. Everyone says that you will stretch all your skin back out and that it's a waste of time and money. Do not believe it. I did lots and lots of research as well as talking to women who had tummy tucks before getting pregnant. I even talked to several surgeons. Here's the deal, if you gain 15 lbs - 20 lbs you will be JUST fine. You'll be able to bounce back.. If you gain More than what you're suppose to, then of course you'll stretch all your skin out again. In fact if you look up cases of women having tummy tucks before getting pregnant 90% of them will all say that their stomachs never got very large even in their last trimester. Keep in mind that these were women who had children before, had a tummy tuck and then got pregnant again. Those women said that their pregnancy after the tummy tuck was much different than their others. Their stomachs never got very large and didn't gain as much weight as they did with her other pregnancies.

If you had surgery then you know what eating correctly means. Continue this while pregnant and you're golden. Moral of the story is: tummy tucks are worth it. You do not need to wait before kids. Eat correctly. Don't screw yourself with old habits.

I had a Tummy Tuck this past February. It was no cup of tea. For a month I pretty much had the movement of an 80 year old woman. However after 8 weeks I was perfect. I loved the results! I went down a few sizes in jeans and I'm not embarrassed about my stomach anymore! I'm looking into doing more cosmetic procedures soon.

I'm jealous of your new tummy! I will definitely be having one. How long did you have to wait after surgery & did your insurance cover it?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm jealous of your new tummy! I will definitely be having one. How long did you have to wait after surgery & did your insurance cover it?

I waited 4 years after having surgery to get my Tummy Tuck. My reason for waiting was that I wanted to be more than positive that I got my food addiction under control. Once I knew I could handle it and keep all the weight off I looked into surgery.

Did my insurance pay for it? Psh, I wish!! Nope. Not a dime. I went to Harrison, AR and Dr. Chris Taylor did mine. I had a full tummy tuck and liposuction done and everything all together cost $7000. Was it worth it? Oh yes! The feeling of being able to look at my body in a mirror and feel COMPLETE happiness is totally worth it. No more hiding, tucking, or binding my flab.

About how much does a tuck cost? Im thinking about inventing the home liposuction kit. A knife' date=' Hoover, thread and needle....ok so my jokes might need improvement too![/quote']

Lmbo

I always said in 2 years I will get a Tummy Tuck & boob lift. Not my husband is against my boob lift feels its his boobs & I should leave them alone. It's not fair:( he careless about any other surgeries I have but he wants the boobs untouch.

Im new here but maybe my experience can help some people. I had rny on July 23, 2008. I lost 160 lbs. On march 23, 2010 I had a total lower body lift and breast augmentation at the same time. The breasts was fairly easy but the body lift is no joke. The first couple weeks are brutal. I personally think Im a little to tight. I find myself walking a bit slumped to ease the pull which is hard on low back. I guess Id do it again because I had lots of skin hanging. Ill be happy to answer any questions honestly.

Im new here but maybe my experience can help some people. I had rny on July 23' date=' 2008. I lost 160 lbs. On march 23, 2010 I had a total lower body lift and breast augmentation at the same time. The breasts was fairly easy but the body lift is no joke. The first couple weeks are brutal. I personally think Im a little to tight. I find myself walking a bit slumped to ease the pull which is hard on low back. I guess Id do it again because I had lots of skin hanging. Ill be happy to answer any questions honestly.[/quote']

Total Lower Body Lift... How is that done? How much does something like that cost?

Lower body lift is where they cut you all the way around. The incision is made to where if you wore a bikini the top of it totally covers the scars. I describe it as when they cut wedge out of a tree then sew it back together. They also go in and tighten all muscles in the areas. They pull thighs up on inside and out. This is why you have to walk at an angle for awhile til you can stretch to stand up straight. You sleep at an angle also. It is a big procedure. I was in surgery for 9 hours. Cost was not covered by insurance.

Lower body lift is where they cut you all the way around. The incision is made to where if you wore a bikini the top of it totally covers the scars. I describe it as when they cut wedge out of a tree then sew it back together. They also go in and tighten all muscles in the areas. They pull thighs up on inside and out. This is why you have to walk at an angle for awhile til you can stretch to stand up straight. You sleep at an angle also. It is a big procedure. I was in surgery for 9 hours. Cost was not covered by insurance.

That sounds horrible... I know I wouldn't be able to do that.

Well I've learned if you want it bad enough anything is possible. I forgot to add total body lift and breast augmentation with Lipo was $17,000 that's procedure, hospital, anesthesia, and compression garments plus follow up apts.

I want the Tummy Tuck & boobs & arm lift & thigh lift. $17,000 is a lot of money but if I can get all these things done for the same price I can handle that. I have two years & I will make it.

Looks like my plastic surgery is never going to happen...

2014 is around the corner.

I'm planning on getting Tummy Tuck + breast lift if arm lift isn't so expensive I will get all 3 things done. The legs aren't so terrible yet so I guess that can wait.

My mom owes me $1000

My husband owes me $2250

I'm basically flat broke now! Starting next month I have to see if I can start saving up again. I want to have $20,000 by May 30, 2014 then give half or w.e. is require and see if I can have the rest in finance where I can pay monthly for a few years. If I can have it all paid off sooner great if not then a little at a time.

What????? How much do they usually cost? Wow. I've always wanted a boob job. When I take my bra off I get road rash. Maybe a doctor will want a charity case. Dr dre!!! Lol my goodness I should be on stage!

Lol @dr dre