Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bathroom Talk - Scared

My apologies in advance for the TMI. Came home from Hosp Thurs afternoon (surgery Tuesday) Friday I had my first loose BM & it was black. Called doc and was told normal to have some residue blood, should get lighter and if not to call them. Today (Sat) I had a small BM and again severe dark brown / black. Am I being a worry wart? Has anyone else experienced this after surgery?

I'm still suffering from Gas pains as well. Gas X strips seem to help. And very hard getting Water, Protein shake in me. Thank goodness for SF popsicles..

Please help me ease my mind?

I'm going crazy thinking about this ..

I had the same thing it should go back to brown soon ...it reminds me of when a baby poops for the first week of life....lol

If not better tomorrow, I think I'd call the doctor again (if you have a weekend number) or go to the ER just to get it checked it out. I was totally plugged up four days post-op so I do't have anything to compare to but surgeon told me to let them know asap if stool was black. Probably nothing to worry about but there's no harm in playing it safe. Keep us posted on your progress!

I had the same experience. I called my mom, who's a retired icu nurse and she said the same thing they told you. It's probably left over from surgery. Call the doctor back if you're still nervous about it. That's what they're there for.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I feel a bit more relieved. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. : )

I had black stools for a week after surgery they said as long as it was black it was probably ok but if it was red then there was a problem but told me it shouldn't last longer than a week!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

That's great to hear!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I agree with Vamp! I had the same thing after my surgery! I would say give it a week and if it is still black I'd call..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches