Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

I know I don't post often but I've been reading the boards for awhile now

I have decided my appointment is in the am for my first meeting with my doc to start the whole process for my personal journey to skinnyville

I have my questionaire filed out that the doc email me 20 pages worth of

stuff the first question it asks is why are you here today? .....

cuz I'm FAT:faint:

oooowwwww I'm gonna have fun tommorow I have a twisted sense of humor:cool: . I have 4 pages of questions to ask him luckily these boards have answered more than half of my questions just by sitting back and reading ( amazing how that stuff works maybe all those teachers were right.....naaaaaaaahhhhhh) just one question I have that I can't seem to find an answer for what is fluro with regards to getting the fills

any help and I will be forever grateful

Fluroscope

Like a real time x-ray so they can check the position of the needle used to fill the band and check how the barium drink flows through the reduced opening created by the fill.

Hope that's the answer you were looking for.

Brothers of the band, I have a small accomplishment to share. Today I wore the ultra sleek, 36in waste, non pleated, straight fit pant to work today.. Had a bit of dunlap, maybe exagerated from the post-op swelling, but I pulled it off without looking like an idiot. Many compliments from the back-office ladies in cubicles as well, I might add. I have worn these pants at the tail end of my annual diet the last 4 years, only to blow back up to the 250+ area (40in waste).

Sounds like good progress. I can't help but note, however, that you are starting out your weight loss journey at about the place I some day hope to get if all goes really well with the band and if I also get a bad stomach flu that means I can't eat anything for about four months. If all of that happens, I might someday think about pants with a 36 inch waist.

I believe the correct term for this situation is: "Sheesh"

But still, I heartily congratulate you. It must be a great feeling.

damn pants are falling off my ass! but I can't quite fit into a size 42 yet. Guess I will just put a few new holes in my belt.

it was thanks.

met with the Doc this morning if all goes well should be banded by june1st

my insurance is making me jump through a couple of hoops but I expected as much. I mentioned the site to my doc and he said it was a great thing to be involved with. he is associated with obesityhelp.com seems nice enough guy. very informative I must have tolked to him for 2 hours but he never rushed me I thought that was great. well 1 hurdle down...

Mark - some might say that i am vertically challenged. I also have pretty broad shoulders and carry almost all of my excess weight in the torso area... I sorta look like a fat brian urlacher :P

hello everyone..my name is Jake and im from N.J I dont have a set date yet,but it should be around June. I just cant wait until the day i can go kayaking and do the stuff i use to do.

:clap2: Hey There BIGJAKE, Welcome !!! :clap2:

:clap2: Also to all the rest that are new here !!:clap2:

Welcome BIGJAKE

I am new here also. been cruising the boards for awhile now

I also should be getting it done around the end of may or early june

met with the doc yesterday for the first time now I'm just jumping through the insurance hoops.

Hey Dakota, way to go with the pants, it makes it all worth while doesn't it?

Welcome Big Jake, you are going to have to think of a new nick-name once you get banded, maybe slim or just plain old Jake!

Good luck

I am having the pants problem as well. I flew out of my 42's during pre-op. My wife says my 38's look like a pile of laundry. All my weight is coming off my ass, which is non-existant to begin with. My pants have nothing to hang onto, and they are falling off. I guess that would be a "NPV - no pants vistory" I need to get that gut shrunk.

Dave, good to see another Canadian male in these parts. Good luck with the surgery.

Andrew

I was just wondering about some changes my body will go through after the band...I cant wait to loose the weight,but even though im over weight i did lift heavy weights and my bench press was over 420..which i know it will take me a long time again to get that up after i drop the extra lbs....Did anyone here lift heavy before the band? I guess i might have to get use to more reps and lighter weight when i get back to the gym....i think if i would of done that a few years ago i wouldnt be in the shape im in now. Does anyone know about a protien shake called muscle milk? Dont think ill be able to drink it after the band...it has Tons of Protein, but also high in fat....

Big Jake.. I lift and here is my take...

Protein, low carb, low fat....whatever....I think you can push that aside for now. The whole idea is less calories in than you're burning each day. SO, if youre burning more than youre taking in, you can't gain 'mass', either fat or muscle. If we are active now, we should be in the cardio and tone frame of mind. I do about 45 min /day of cardio and a few sets of high rep/lower weight to hit the major muscle groups. I benchED about 320 before i started the bandventure. That's basically what the trainer at the gym said... Also, I hear muscle milk is loaded with sugar and calories. That's the color I have. Hope it helps.

The trainer has a Bio undergrad and master's in excercise science by the way.... Another thing i did, was this stress test offered at my club where you excercise at different stresses to determine your optimal heart rate range for burning fat.. Check that out as well.. Might not be what you thought it was...