Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

:clap2: THANK YOU ALEXANDRA !!!!!!:clap2: All of the guys also thank you also for making us stick !!! Ted starter of this thread..:biggrin1:

I also have trouble finding it. Thanks Alexandra!

Down 35 lbs since 1/15 as of this morning! I'm slowly easing in to soft/mushie foods. Not going to hurry. Get my first fill on 3/8.

I wouldn't count on drinking too much beer if you're serious about weight loss. I've brewed beer (not commercially) since the early 90's. Mostly stouts, IPA's and my personal favorite Czech Pilsner. Great beer, but tons of carbs. No wonder my weight shot up from 220's to near 300 lbs. The "low carb" beers, well, no thanks I'll drink Water. I've given it up. Maybe when I reach my goal, I'll sip one if it still has any appeal. If i were to have a drink now, it would probably be JD on the rocks....

Bruce

Way to go Bruce !!! :clap2: Lets here it for Mushies !!:hungry: I get my 1st fill in 18 days..:nervous

I also have trouble finding it. Thanks Alexandra!

Down 35 lbs since 1/15 as of this morning! I'm slowly easing in to soft/mushie foods. Not going to hurry. Get my first fill on 3/8.

Nice work on the 35 lbs!

I wouldn't count on drinking too much beer if you're serious about weight loss. I've brewed beer (not commercially) since the early 90's. Mostly stouts, IPA's and my personal favorite Czech Pilsner. Great beer, but tons of carbs. No wonder my weight shot up from 220's to near 300 lbs. The "low carb" beers, well, no thanks I'll drink Water. I've given it up. Maybe when I reach my goal, I'll sip one if it still has any appeal. If i were to have a drink now, it would probably be JD on the rocks....

Bruce

Bruce I understand what you are saying, I really do.. I too have done some HB'ing (not recently).. Since I drink for taste, it is totally reasonable for me to have 1 good beer with dinner and that's it. I also don't mind cutting down on volume, or giving up some cals other places as a trade.. all of those are fine.. BUT, saying "no more ever", or switching to liquor, I just don't see it. I have tried many many different distilled spirits and I have not enjoyed any of them.

If it takes me an hour to drink a 6-8oz of good beer before I get to eat my 3 oz filet, I'm okay with that..

But the point is noted.

Mike.

Not meant to be a lecture, just an opinion. I hope you can enjoy one before dinner.< /p>

I do at times miss my beer. I've got a 5 gallon corny key about 2/3 full of a real good IPA and another one full of a stout that I'll give to a customer of mine.

Guess my only vices now are coffee and a cigar or two per week.

***New topic for discussion***

Guys, what vices have you given up and which are you holding on to?

Stand Strong Brothers

Man, I just can't find a brotha who either has been able to enjoy one, or will admit to it..

Oh well, in a couple of weeks I'll find out myself.. Who knows, maybe I can't..

Man, I just can't find a brotha who either has been able to enjoy one, or will admit to it..

Oh well, in a couple of weeks I'll find out myself.. Who knows, maybe I can't..

Many times people post on this forum asking if they can have one thing or another: popcorn, wine, bread, gum, coffee, Rocky Mountain Oysters, or whatever. I think that the general answer to lap band questions of this type is, you can eat it or drink it if you can eat it or drink it. In other words, each person is different. If a beer goes down OK for you and you are still losing weight, then you can have a beer.

People generally say that anything with carbonation is not a good idea, because it can stretch your pouch, or it can cause things to get stuck, or whatever. But yet there are still plenty of people who drink the occassional diet coke and don't seem to have any problems. And plenty of people on this site acknowledge that they drink wine sometimes. In fact, many people say it helps loosen up their restriction so they can eat solid food without getting stuck. For some people this is a big benefit. So I don't think the alcohol itself is necessarily a problem per se. It's the carbonation and calories/carbs in beer that would be the problem (if any).

But again, there is no general answer here that is going to solve the problem. The bottom line is, if you find that you personally can drink beer, then you can drink beer.

hi guys, Got banded Janb 19th 2007 down 34 lbs at week 5. ALL the pants in my closet fit 20 more and my wife will take me shopping. Never thought I'd look forward to shopping.

I have an occassional glass of wine I haven't noticed it making a difference in my weight loss, no carbonation for me... no more reflux, I probably wont try anything carbonated again.

I eat every three hours keeps me feeling full and I drink LOTS of sugar free crystal light lemonaide and ice tea. 80-90 oz per day. Hot tea has replaced coffee, not bad with a little splena and skim milk.

Sugar free pudding, Jello, and popsicles have replaced Ice cream...

So far so good!

Hi Guys!

Glad you have your own thread!! Don't worry we will keep out!!! Once the gals have said hello and congrats I am sure you guys will be able to talk about anything you want without us looking in...it is the novelty and that we are happy for you!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Have fun! See you guys on other threads!!!

All I have to say is DAMN THE MAN ! The Dept of Justice updated the firewalls at work and now I can't access the forums from there anymore !!:faint:

8 hours a day and no access to the forums !!! :)

I was banded Feb 2nd of this year, I just wanted to say OUsooner a.k.a Neal, you're one of my inspirations for doing this, if I only have half your success, I will be greatful, I love my lap-band, 20 lbs in 1 month, a true life saver

No one liked beer more than I. I was a volume drinker and the band has changed all that. I tried to drink one at a super bowl party and could not get half of it down before I was bloated to the max. Switched to vodka and crystal lite. Dr. says carbonated stuff can stretch out the pouch so I'm careful now. When I get down to my goal maybe I might rethink it.

Good Luck

Yeh, I'm scared to death to try any carbonated beverages. After paying 13 grand for this, I'm going to do my best to follow the rules and get rid of my belly (OK, most of it anyway).

BTW, your off and running bigdaddynomo! Your stats are very close to mine (288/252/170). I get my first fill next week.

I'm wondering why we only got 4 stars icon8.gif? IMHO we need that fifth staricon10.gif! How do we vote on this?

Bruce