Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hey Neal, congrats on your goal, now you are 2 lbs under, so do you have a new goal?

Thanks Daniel. I didn't set a new goal, although I would mind loosing a few more just for good measure. I am going to try to maintain between 175 and 180. I am also looking at getting PS next year and I know have at least 10 pounds of skin to be removed. That would put me well within the normal BMI range. My body fat was 19% (down from 54% pre-op) at the gym the other day which is in the normal range as well, so I am happy to maintain.

OK got the ball rolling on some of my progress !

My Dr needs all this before he puts it into the insurance co...

• Letter of neccesity from my M.D. = Done Today :)
  • Psych Eval = 3/1/07
  • pulminary consult = need to get appt still
  • Sleep study = Done Got Results Today ( Soon to be Hose Head :()
  • Cardiac Clearance = 2/28/07
  • Attend all dumb HAC sessions 5 total :) = calling tommorow

So the ball is now rolling and I cant wait till I get it done

Chris

SWEET! Just what I was looking for... You guys have been busy with the posts, took a while to read all of them! So many fun things to talk about..

First off, mad props to OUSooner boy on reaching his goal!! AWESOME DUDE! BTW, how tall are you?

- Girl overload.. yeah, I think there are waaaay more women just due to the fact that they are wired differently. They actually "communicate"... Guys "fix stuff" together.. It's great to have a buddy over to work on a car, but talk about losing weight.. screw that! lol... Seriously... I'm just glad some of us have managed to do both!

- Tummy Tucks are NOT GAY, or retarded, or any other non-PC word you can think of. MY plastic surgery budget has already been spoken for by my wife who is 3 months ahead of me in banding.. She wants a boat load of stuff done (TT,Reduction,Lift,Lipo), and well frankly, she's worth it.. ;-) If I have enough loose skin at my goal, yeah, I might do something too..

- Costs.. I'm not sharing my story as the cash guys might whip my a$$.. But, just as a point of reference, a friend in the medical center business told me her clinics pay about $3,500 just for the device itself right now, so by the time everyone else gets paid, and the room, etc, $8-15K isn't all that surprising.. I just wish more of you had United Health Care Insurance.

- Sex Drive and weak a$$ wifely excuses about bands.. I'd have to look back near the top of the thread, but one guy said something about his wife saying no due to concerns about his band... yeah.. riiiight... and she has a head ache too... My wife has had no complications with HER band and our "quality time".... I'm not expecting any with my band either, but I'm just now feeling up to it post-op..

Oh, and, seriously guys, every ANNUAL physical, get the doc to check your T levels.. not just basic, but FREE Testosterone... Seriously, even if you're under 40... It is worth it to get that checked, because it will suck the life force right out of you, not just sex drive. There's no shame in using medicine to be 22 again! I want to be that dirty old man next door with the hot wife.. I've got all of it but the age, and that's coming !

- Beer! PLEASE someone tell me what their post-op experience has been so far.. Now keep in mind I'm a bit of a beer snob, so if crap like Bud Light and others are too carbonated, that is fine.. But what about things like Guiness, Bass, Sam Adams, etc..? PLEASE tell me it works.. I don't mind drinking it slowly.. Only bad beer must be chugged ice cold...

Mike

Have any of the Guys who's been banded for a time--made new connections as in Romance? Plus--have you sw the Women who looked the other way--now looking your way?

Have any of the Guys who's been banded for a time--made new connections as in Romance? Plus--have you sw the Women who looked the other way--now looking your way?

I don't know about the romance part, I was married pre-op and am still doing well there.

I do notice more women make eye contact with me. It is a great feeling. I always got the feeling that most women were too disgusted to look at me. I had an instance at the grocery store several weeks ago now. The cashier was making eye contact and smiling and making small talk. As I was leaving, it dawned on me that she was being flirtatious with me. She wasn't necessarily hitting on me, but definitely was flirtatious. That would have never happened before.

Everyone should give a big shout out THANKS to Alexandra, the moderator. She agreed to make this thread sticky!

Jack, I am sorry to hear about your situation, that stinks..

I do very much understand that we all make sacrafices of things we would not normally have based on medical needs... my band comes to mind..

I have some pre-op Guiness in the fridge so I will just have to test it out myself in time. I'll report back, but it's likely be several weeks..

WOOOHOOOO WE MADE STICKY STATUS !!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::(:scared::peace: :horn::horn::banana:banana :welcomeB::):fruitsex:

Everyone should give a big shout out THANKS to Alexandra, the moderator. She agreed to make this thread sticky!

thats why I could not find it :faint: Looked all the way to page 4 before going back haha!!

Just for the record, I saw my doc for the last preop visit today. He was really happy with my progress and all looks good for a tuesday band YAHOO!!!!!

Going snowmobiling one last time before going under the knife sunday can't wait for either!

Chris Good on ya for making the decision, just making progress is such a lift in my spirits

Chris