Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Journey Now Begins

I am due to have my Gastric Band surgery mid April 2012. Like most I suppose I am looking forward to it with longing and trepidation. I know that this is my last chance to turn my life around and to this aim I reach out with both hands. I will post my successes and failures over time in the hope that it may help others stepping on this path

Crossing my fingers for a mid April date myself!! Good luck! I know how you feel with the last chance....... Am totally looking forward to an all new me (at least on the outside).

Good luck to you both...I'm just starting or should say re-starting my process now. No clue how long it will take.

Good luck to you all! :) let me know if you have any questions! im one week post op and would love to hear your stories!

Thanks, one hears stories of Gastric Bypass failures, so thanks everyone for support :-)

Toe,

Good luck on your journey! Do make sure you follow your preop diet, it's there for a reason. Take all the meds they will give u in hospital, why suffer? And get up and move ASAP, it helps work the air out. Hope all goes well, keep us updated and ask questions if any arise.

Toe' date='

Good luck on your journey! Do make sure you follow your preop diet, it's there for a reason. Take all the meds they will give u in hospital, why suffer? And get up and move ASAP, it helps work the air out. Hope all goes well, keep us updated and ask questions if any arise.[/quote']

You are so right about following the preop diet. I did it so 17 days and was told my surgery would be 1-1/2 hour to 2 hours long. My liver had shrunk so much with the preop diet I was out in under 45 min with my bypass.

I made the mistake of leaving the hospital the next day even though they offered to have me stay the second day. The drugs at the hospital controlled the pain very well so I thought I could handle going home. Boy was I wrong. Always stay the extra day:)

How are things going Tor?

Fine thanks, on my diet already in preperation. Have my surgeon, dietian etc meeting on the 28th March and surgery if all ok on 10th April. They require strict diet for 2 weeks but decided, based on what I have read in this forum, to start ahead of time to shrink the liver properly. Not easy I must say but obviously important :-)

Couple of days ago heard of someone who suffered badly when they had bypass surgery...permanent pain and all that. It was 20 or 25 years ago. Hope the surgery techniques have improved or maybe some people simply don't react well to this sort of surgery. Anyway I have heard so many positive cases that it doesn't put me off at all, not even a tiny bit. My dad had a heart attack last Saturday, he is overweight but 78 years old. He is ok now but it made me doubly determined because at 53 now I know I won't even make it to 78 if I don't do something drastic.

Well 30 days post op and I have lost 27 Ibs since the op and a lot more before, so happy. Waling 4+ miles per day. Onwards and downwards :-)

Way to go!!! That is super awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Well 30 days post op and I have lost 27 Ibs since the op and a lot more before' date=' so happy. Waling 4+ miles per day. Onwards and downwards :-)[/quote']

Alright!