Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking To Start The Gastric Bypass Buddy Threads

I am from East Tennessee and hace surgery May 2.

I'm waiting and praying for an approval!! I'm in Hou. TX and I'd like to have and be a BUDDY :D

Hi raquelrdgz

I am in San Antonio, I know its a couple hours away, but kinda close! :-) I had my surgery 4/4/12. I am 2 weeks postop today! Feeling great!

Hi raquelrdgz

I am in San Antonio' date=' I know its a couple hours away, but kinda close! :-) I had my surgery 4/4/12. I am 2 weeks postop today! Feeling great![/quote']

Congratulations!!! I got a letter from my insurance requesting to know if my band was paid out of pocket or insurance so that they can determine a decision and I am freaking out!! I was covered by my previous insurance and I don't know why or how that could make a difference!! Needless to say, until I get a call from my dr I am still on the waiting game and I'm soooo ready!!!

Enough about me-- how do u feel?? How much have u lost? What was it start weight??

I had RNY on Sept 12, 2011 and I have lost 95 pounds. The weight loss has slowed downed quite a bit and I feel hungry more than I have before. I am so scared I am going to be one of the ones who starts gaining back. I am determined to keep it off!

Thought I had a few buddies but, looks like they gave up :( How is everyone doing?

Losing it for me-I had my revision to rny on May 21st. Not losing weight has fast as I thought but I'm doing well overrall. Just learning when to stop eating. A few times I have ate too much and was left with a horrible tummy ache. Anyhow I live in Thomasville NC and I am looking forward to meeting others out here as well, this is an awesome app!!

Dawn

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Congrats on your revision. Don't forget you're body is still healing and you probably still have some Fluid left from the operation/IV they gave you. You'll be losing soon! How are you feeling?

I thought I'd post the first thread to get the Buddy Threads going. I'm from Massachusetts and would love a buddy through this process if you're game :)

I am in Phoenix, AZ. Will have my rny surgery on July 16, 2012 at St Luke's Phoenix.

Yayyyyy. Glad to have someone around the same date as me. Are you all set to go??

December 28, my birthday

Hi Sandy, welcome to the thread. July 16 will be here quick. I go in July 11 if my insurance co-operates this time. I've been denied twice but, hopefully we'll be all set this time.

Well ladies, denial #1 completed 

But I'm not giving up! Sure smarts though.

Well ladies' date=' denial #1 completed 

But I'm not giving up! Sure smarts though.[/quote']

Keep appealing till you get approvex. My INS furst told me on Ph Bariatric not cover sell I got to doin research and found it in their own website and empliyer found same one, called them back, quited the dicument number paragraph and sentencd whefe says it is,approved. Their like well yeah if you follow the steps. I sd well I didnt expect to walk into surgeons office and say I'm hefe, now lets get with it and do this now. She didnt like cause I quoted her from their very own document, employer did too cause put them on conference call just in case I needwd them. So went thru the steps and requifements and got approved first time.

Yeah, I'm not taking no for an answer! I saw the doctor yesterday and she is ready to fight

eglean I've been denied twice. We're going yet again for a 3rd time. I see my PCP next friday to obtain what the insurance claims they need and I'll try again. I have a date for 7/11 so hoping it gets approved this time around.