Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its been over a week. should i be worried?

Im still sitting here waiting for the coordinator to call and tell me if i am approved by the insurance. It seems like its taking forever and lately it seems as though that everyone is getting approved within like a day or 2. I know i was told within two weeks i should know but it im afraid the longer it takes,the less chance i have that they are going to approve it.

Try not to worry, it is perfectly normal for it to take anywhere from a week to a month.

Fingers crossed for you!

So weird. .I was just going thru the same thing and I was becoming discouraged. .I finally called my insurance company and my coordinator and said eh hemmmm... what's the status I'm freaking here and they gave me an update.... she told me all looks good and I should hear from her on Monday.. so that eased my anxiety a little. .. call them today and ask for the status. . trust me they are used to it

patiently waiting

Why don't you call and ask if they have heard anything? Don't stress all weekend... just call and ask..

Good Luck!!

Good luck to you! I agree you should call!

It took about 2 & 1/2 weeks for me- depends on the insurance company. I have UHC.

just posted an update to this

just posted an update to this

Have you gotten your approval yet?

New me on the way

Have you gotten your approval yet?

New me on the way

i got the approval from the insurance company themselves but they were supposed to send an approval letter to me and the coordinator and as of today they still havent. So the surgery is approved and i have no date yet. So its been about 3 weeks ive been waiting already.

i got the approval from the insurance company themselves but they were supposed to send an approval letter to me and the coordinator and as of today they still havent. So the surgery is approved and i have no date yet. So its been about 3 weeks ive been waiting already.

.did you call and get the approval verdict from your insurance company? Or did you wait for the letter?

I'm so glad it came through for you. It'll be two weeks for me tomorrow and I'm about to lose it. Now I know how you feel. This has to be the worst part.

.did you call and get the approval verdict from your insurance company? Or did you wait for the letter?

i called the insurance company directly, but i still havent received the letter yet which is why i have no surgery date yet. i have been on the preop diet since sept 30th and am still waiting for the letter, im getting tired of these darn shakes.

i called the insurance company directly' date=' but i still havent received the letter yet which is why i have no surgery date yet. i have been on the preop diet since sept 30th and am still waiting for the letter, im getting tired of these darn shakes.[/quote']

Won't your surgeons office call the insurance? I'm the opposite, I have the date but no insurance a pproval yet. My surgeons office has been doing most of the communicating for me. I just called tueday to check the status (still pending)

Won't your surgeons office call the insurance? I'm the opposite, I have the date but no insurance a pproval yet. My surgeons office has been doing most of the communicating for me. I just called tueday to check the status (still pending)

The coordinator said that she would call but i havent heard from her since last friday. If i dont hear anything by tomorrow or monday i am going to call her again.. i dont understand what the heck the hold up could be with a piece of paper esp since my insurance only serves the ny and nj areas so its not like it would be coming from far away.