Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hang in there. It does get better. Do you have a bidder? If you don't call your doctor to get yourself one. Helped me to no end. I use it for the first 4 weeks. Really helped when I slept. You can get a script for it and should be covered by your insurance. Can get at medical supply store. Also pain meds take them! I had to get strong norco for the first week because the liquid didn't have enough narcotic in it. Used the liquid later and I had to take a dose usually after 5 hours into sleeping. But hold on you will get better and losing feels real good!

Yes, I have a binder and I love it! It is amazing. I think the typical discomforts of surgery are what I expected... But the more I think about it, I feel like I'm breaking up with a close friend... food. I am somewhat lost w/o food... Ugh... I'm such a food addict :/

Sending prayers and ((hugs)) your way.

You can say that again! But it gets better food can be your friend but not your only one in the long run. U know there are people who only eat food because they are hungry? You will become one too!

Omg.. You all have such wonderful words of encouragement! Thank you :) post op day #3 and I've been a crying/overwhelmed mess. I just stare at all those darn Calcium chews/vitamins/protein concoctions - I don't want any of it : / I just want to sit on the toilet or get in bed without feeling like my abdomen is ripping in half

If it's too overwhelming don't take them until you feel a bit better I didn't take any supplements for 2 weeks and I was ok. if you're feeling nauseous no need to make yourself feel sicker. Stay on top of your pain meds sip on your Protein shake and stay hydrated you will feel better as the days go by. PM me if you need some encouragement

Thanks everyone. I have major surgerys, never felt this way before. Its all encompassing. I thought I knew what to expect I didn't. Learning to feel full, I know I am going to hate some of the foods Im on after this lol. My doctor has clear fluids for few days, Now on soft foods and can add others at 2 to 3 weeks as needed. They don't want us on Protein Drinks or Soups and the like. liquid calories. I am loosing 2 lbs a day now which is shocking. This was a health decision not with wt loss not a wt loss for how I look. I want to thank all of you for responding. I am sure I will have more ups and downs, thanks goodness I have someone to talk to about it.

I felt the same way I said to myself what have I done but as the day's go by you feel much better I was Sleeved On September 25 but eating something soft is a big problem because it want stay down

Mrz. Thick

Hang in there. It DOES get better. The first month or so are pure hell - I can't lie. But then, it will gradually get easier and easier. Best of luck to you. And what you are feeling is normal; you will feel better about things down the road.

It will get better day by day. Use the abdominal binder as much as you can, that helped me alot. I didn't feel completely better until like the 4th week but each day will be better than the last and when the pain is gone your going to love your sleeve. Praying you feel better soon but be encouraged that, this too shall pass :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using VST

This is like hearing myself speak. I was a total babbling mess the first week. Totally sobbing uncontrollably. I wouldn't believe anyone telling me it would get better but it really does. Almost 2 weeks post op and starting to come out of it. Hardest week of my life to say the least.

I am 10 days out and am feeling really great. I had a breakdown on day 6 which I felt the exact same way. My niece, who was sleeved back in July told me she stayed busy to combat the negative feelings. I followed her suggestion and am feeling completely renewed.

My diet is puréed Soups (bean/vegi) my surgeon told me as long as I could suck it thru a straw (in theory-not allowed an actual straw) I could consume it in the first two weeks. I'm thinking my next two weeks will be much better since I'll be able to have a thicker consistency.

One thing I noticed is that In the beginning I didn't get the signals (pain etc) when sipping my liquids and I went over. I never vomited thank goodness. I have started feeling the signals for about four days now and I am learning to listen.

My biggest issue after surgery was trying to get the Protein down. I couldn't find anything I could remotely drink and what I did consume caused a lot of stomach gas/diarrhea. It was awful. I discovered I had a Veggie Soup mix in the pantry and decided to try it. At 21g Protein for 1/2c it was the best solution to the protein problem.

I have downloaded a Water tracking app to help with my Water. I'm hoping this app can help me stay on point with my Fluid intake.