Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/11/2013 Will be my Two years out from Surgery

October 11, 2011 I had gastric sleeve, things didnt go well and I spent 4 days in the hospital and two weeks at home, I was sick and truly felt like I was going to die. My hair fell out, I was weak, cried all the darn time just felt misrable, kept saying what in gods name did I do to myself?

I had a band it worked great- lost 70 pounds felt good full of energy- but then there were issues and it had to come out so I waited for a year and had the sleeve.. Wow I can't say it was a good idea at all, i'm currently at 200 pounds and gaining what feels like a pound a day. I lost 30 pounds after the sleeve but gained it back again.

Today as I see myself at 200 pounds unhappy, unhealhty I have thought about having another surgery but out of fear of death, I have decided against it and really have no idea what else to do to lose this weight, since surgery i've been on every diet under the sun, joined hte gym, ran a 5K-- but still continue to gain.. YEP CALORIES IN and not enough OUT I guess, i can only eat a little but I eat all the time because i'm hungry all the time. I might get a half a sammy in but an hour later i'm looking for more food becuase it has moved through my sleeve.

ah ok sorry folks just felt the need to rant today for some reason..

I wish everyone the best of luck with their surgery.

I'm scheduled for surgery on November 13th. This is the 1st post I've read.....................a little depressing!! There must be some underlying reason why you haven't been able to lose weight. I would get a second opinion in case something is seriously wrong.

I'm scheduled for surgery on November 13th. This is the 1st post I've read.....................a little depressing!! There must be some underlying reason why you haven't been able to lose weight. I would get a second opinion in case something is seriously wrong.

Hey!

That is my 1 year anniversary!

Sometimes band to sleeve patients have a harder time losing because the sleeve is not able to be formed the same. But as with everything in life you have to comply and put the hard work in too.

I'm sorry to hear you have struggled.

Just curious if you have tracked your intake with MyFitnessPal or the like? Do you know how many calories a day you consume? How compliant with the guidelines would you say you were? Were you strict or did you find ways to eat around your sleeve? Do you know the bougie size used for your sleeve?

I know, for me, crackers a slider food. I could eat them all day long. They feel good going down, but I am ready to eat more 5 minutes later. Now, put a bag of Turkey Jerky in front of me and I'm full. It takes my stomach longer to digest the lean Proteins, so I don't feel the need to eat like I do when I am binging on crackers. But that is me ...

am desperate so here it goes........I am approx 4 years out from my sleeve surgery. I thought I was doing good and my biggest issues was how to gain weight. My original weight PreOp was 240 lbs - 4 months ago I had maintained 135 to 145 for 3 1/2 years. Although I thought I was dealing with anxiety for all of 2012 this year I was finally diagnosed with an over active thyroid. In 4 months I have gained 50lbs and now weigh 191 as of doctors visit yesterday. I am devastated and distraught - I have no idea what to do. I was wearing a size 2-4 and now I need all new clothes including my undies.......I am embarrassed and have been spending a large amount of time inside. Everyone keeps saying the extra weight looks good but I know better. My health is at risk and I feel like I have somehow failed. Anybody have a similar experience or

am desperate so here it goes........I am approx 4 years out from my sleeve surgery. I thought I was doing good and my biggest issues was how to gain weight. My original weight PreOp was 240 lbs - 4 months ago I had maintained 135 to 145 for 3 1/2 years. Although I thought I was dealing with anxiety for all of 2012 this year I was finally diagnosed with an over active thyroid. In 4 months I have gained 50lbs and now weigh 191 as of doctors visit yesterday. I am devastated and distraught - I have no idea what to do. I was wearing a size 2-4 and now I need all new clothes including my undies.......I am embarrassed and have been spending a large amount of time inside. Everyone keeps saying the extra weight looks good but I know better. My health is at risk and I feel like I have somehow failed. Anybody have a similar experience or

Queen, you must be heartbroken and frustrated beyond belief. I don't have any experience with this, I'm only almost 9 weeks out, still, I read this and I'm really concerned for you. Have you talked to your endocrinologist? Your surgeon?

My surgeon relocated from my area but I am working closely with my primary care doctor. She seems to believe the thyroid medicine caused the weight gain my stopping my metabolism. However I stopped the medicine two months ago and still have been gaining.

Try and think of it this way if they put u on these meds before surgery you would have gained the 50 on top of what u weight before surgery!!! I know you prob wanna snack me!!! Try and hang in there. I won't have surgery till dec!! I will say prayers for you!!

No, I don't want to smack you but I would have preferred it in the beginning while I was still in drastic weight loss mode - now I think I am at my plateau so my body doesn't seem to be responding. I am considering a 609 calorie a day diet. It will be difficult because I know I probably eat about 1200 calories a day at 4 years out....

Have u seen a nutritionist? Maybe they will have good ideas to help. I am really sorry u are going through this.

I'm sorry for what is going on with you. I had a few complications and gained some weight back. I am now under a nutritionist care to get back on track. I have started to lose again and see my goalin sight alothough I have alot more to lose. Have you thought about seeing a nutrtionist so that you can map out a plan for you?

Back to the OP, listen to Laura-ven and PDXman. Go back to basics and, with the greatest of respect, stop eating round your sleeve.

You and it are a partnership - it can only work if you do your bit. So try eating dense Proteins, eat slowly and chew well so that u can get more in. If after an hour or two you think you feel hungry, drink liquid. Sometimes we can confuse hunger with thirst. Eat three meals and if you need to, three small Snacks and get back to having a structure to your eating.

You can do this - if you choose to. You are in control - if you choose to be. You know how to do this, you have just let things slide. So forget what you did yesterday and decide to take things a day at a time and get it right.

Good luck, no more beating yourself up, eyes front, lol !!!!