Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGGGGGHHHHHH I am STUCK!

I am 8 months post op and I for the pass 2 months I am stuck!!!! Since the middle of August i have only lost like 10 lbs!! I gain weight then I lose it. I know it is because I am eating too many carbs and slider foods. I need ideas for snacks! or should I just cut them out all together? I am eating laughing cow cheese with the flat pretzels or stacy pita chips, Peanut Butter, Protein Bars, Pork rinds, greek yogurt and crackers. For Breakfast i drink a Protein Shake, lunch tuna fish and crackers or Soup, dinner some type of Protein. But I eat two maybe three Snacks a day. I walk 5 days a week for 40 minutes. I need help!!!

maybe stay with Protein and veggie Snacks and cut the carbs?

Yeah be sure to watch the fat content on all those items, also the carbs (since they do turn to sugar you know) Good luck, also could try counting the actual calories to see what you are taking in and hopefully its around 1000. Also hope your not drinking your calories :)

no I only drink Water or sugarfree SoBe life water so I am not drinking my calories. I just put my daily intake in myfitness pal and OMG i need a change!! I have to start over!! I think I may go on liquids for a week or so then start on Proteins only! I got stuck eating the slider foods because I was getting sick with the proteins and the slider foods are easier to eat as we all know but I still have 110 lbs to lose and I AM going to lose them!

no I only drink Water or sugarfree SoBe life Water so I am not drinking my calories. I just put my daily intake in myfitness pal and OMG i need a change!! I have to start over!! I think I may go on liquids for a week or so then start on Proteins only! I got stuck eating the slider foods because I was getting sick with the Proteins and the slider foods are easier to eat as we all know but I still have 110 lbs to lose and I AM going to lose them!

Hi,

How do you get sick with Protein dense food may I ask?

i can only eat less than an ounce then it hurts. If i eat more I will throw up the last bite i take.

i can only eat less than an ounce then it hurts. If i eat more I will throw up the last bite i take.

Ok, have you asked your surgeon about this??

An oz is rather small.

Do you measure it?

yes i measure it. It is crazy I can eat beef I ate like 3 ozs steak the other night and it was fine lastnight had pork roast only had an ounce and threw up the last bite. I went to mexico for my surgery but I asked my doctor and he did the test where i drink that white stuff and they take xrays. and everything was good. I cant eat chicken at all I throw it up all the time!

chicken breast and pork roast is really hard for me to digest too. It's painful! If I read correctly, you've lost 10 pounds in two months? That seems pretty normal for someone 8 months out.

Yep chicken is hard for some.... So it sounds like you don't have a stricture, although I would if wanted and endoscopy over a barium swallow but I guess the doctor saw what he needed to see.

Weight does slow after 6 months but the sliders (as you know) are going to be the problem.

I would eat the meats that you can and veg rather than go back to liquids.

Also plain greek yogurt with berries are a good snack/meal with tons of Protein.< /p>

11 months out and I still can't eat beef or pork...or my personal favorite Chinese food! Explore options there is fish and cheese and nuts, so many different kinds of fish..I eat it almost every other night now...Never before...I love it!

You need your Protein it is the building block that pushes this program to work.....Trade your Snacks for 1 a day..And have something like yogurt....You will start to pose again...but what you have lost is wonderful...Enjoy each lb. lost as a victory...it is going to take time and it won't always be easy...

Yeah be sure to watch the fat content on all those items, also the carbs (since they do turn to sugar you know) Good luck, also could try counting the actual calories to see what you are taking in and hopefully its around 1000. Also hope your not drinking your calories :)

All food turns to sugar that fuels our bodies..it is a matter of choosing the right kind of sugar to eat....Like fruit and veggies and Protein.....

I do however believe that there is a place for all kinds of food almost...except fast food...LOL..

Thanks for all the help. I am making a meal plan as we speak and going shopping this weekend if we dont hit by the hurricane :/

Thanks for all the help. I am making a meal plan as we speak and going shopping this weekend if we dont hit by the hurricane :/

Where are you??? I'm in Louisiana