Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

crockpot recipes

Any good recipes that would be good for me but my family would love also?

simple turkey chili with Beans Tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and i just use a mix of seasonings from i forgot the brand but is a mild seasoning, fish filets with lemon and olive oil and salt and pepper, lamb chops with lemon rosemary and olive oil with salt and pepper, and a whole chicken

There are a lot on this website....

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/01/crockpot-diet.html

If you google high Protein crockpot recipes, you'll find a bunch of websites....

I follow a few crockpot pages on Facebook. I have made some amazing meals from the crock. Also I discovered "recipe makers" at the store. We LOVED the pot roast, and also the bbq. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products/kraft-recipe-makers.aspx

Have yet to look into other links, know my own I use, from Betty Crocker cookbook I own,.. (REMOVED LINK that I'd posted) ..Mine from Betty Book basically is, chicken boneless & Skinless, Chicken broth low fat, onions, bell pep's, chicken sausage, diced tomatoes, brown rice, olives, shrimp added in last 10-15 minutes, I add fire roasted stewed or diced can tomatoes as well to mine instead of the plain. and any Italian blend herbs and garlic, or traditional sprigs as well.

Edited by JKG

white chicken and corn chili

1 large onion chopped

1 lb chicken breast

3 cups chicken broth

1 large green pepper chopped

2-3 jalapeno chopped...

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 can diced tomatos with chilies drained

2 cups frozen corn (thawed)

2 cans white Beans (I used navy beans) drained and rinsed

cheese and sour cream for topping

In slow cooker, add broth, chicken, green pepper, onion, and jalapeno, cumin. Cook 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low.

Remove the chicken breast, and allow to cool slightly. Add the Beans, tomatos, and corn to the slow cooker. Shred the chicken and return to the slow cooker. Allow to cook on low about 30 mins.

I serve this with jalapeno cheese corn bread, or grilled cheese.

Top with cheese, sour cream, more hot peppers. Yum!

Simple chicken and dumplings

Add the following to a crock pot and let it cook until the chicken can be shredded :

5-6 med chicken breast

celery

onion

ground black pepper

cover with Water or chicken stock (I use stock)

When the chicken is done, remove it and strain out the pieces of veggies. Put the broth back in the crock and turn on HIGH. In a small pan melt 3-4 tablespoons of butter, add an equal amount of flour and cook until light brown. Add a few cups of the broth to the flour/butter mixture and stir until no lumps remain. Pour this mixture into the broth, this will give you a nice rich creamy base. Now that the chicken has cooled enough to handle, chop it into small pieces and toss it back into the crock with the broth.

Make the dumpling dough, you can use any biscuit recipe, or bisquick, or even canned biscuits. I cut them about half the size of a sugar packet, or about 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch. If you are using canned biscuits, cut them into 4 or 6 pieces. Slowly add them to the crock, I do half, wait a few minutes and add the other half. Remember the dumplings will thicken the Soup a bit more, and they will swell to about double thier size, so don't worry that there aren't enough. Let them cook for about 25 mins, remove a dumpling and cut it in half, it should be done in the center.

chicken for chicken tacos/burritos/nachos or in a bowl with toppings

Frozen breasts/tenders (unbreaded)

2 cans diced green chilies in Mexican food aisle (they are not hot)

1 onion sliced into rings

1 tsp of garlic

2 cans chicken broth

I put these on for 6 hours. By then, the chicked would fall apart when I tried to stab them with a fork. I put the chicken in a bowl. I used a slotted spoon to scoop up the onions and chilies from the broth and dumped them in the bowl with the chicken. I then used 2 forks to shred the chicken and onions. Family had it in small flour tortillas with shredded cheddar and lettuce.

The chicken was so soft, I was thinking this would be ideal for after surgery for them and me. I can put it in a bowl with a dap of sour cream and salsa even though it was very good by itself.

I used a whole bag of frozen chicken breasts and it fed us for 3 days!

OMG PIERCEdqt78..........those just made my mouth water! I'll be tryn both!!! :D Thank you for sharing!!!

AtlantaRed.....ummm yummy!! On my bucket list also!!! That sounds delish and easy!!! Thanks for sharing also :)