Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Been a slow week - had the flu' date=' which really kicked my butt. Haven't been able to do much this week, so I'm only at 24.9 miles (I know, if I'd realized I was that close I would have kept going to get an even 25, but c'est la vie). Only able to crank out 50 squats since Monday, so as of yesterday my total is 1350. Good news is I lost 2 lbs and I'm only 1.5 from halfway, so at least that's something...[/quote']

How are you feeling? Go easy on yourself. Flu is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

In case butter thinks 100 is too easy and ups the goal for next month or something' date=' let me check in with 2 additional miles today putting me at a measly 38.2 miles now. Yes I do think I will make my original 40 mile goal :)[/quote']

So two more miles today and I'm not even home yet. But that puts me at 40.2. Original goal met, going for 60 now.

Also going to cancun tomorrow with my darling, much-loved husband whom I have missed lately due to work, house guests, kids starting school, and more work. I plan to snorkel every damn day I can and hang out with him as much as we can. I plan to come back next Thursday all rested and happy :)

Cleared for EASY walking. Frankly that 1.5 miles was a bit too much. I should have kept it to a mile. Today I will. Heck I may even call today a rest day. I don't have much energy but I'm also tired of sitting around already. The restlessness is the hardest part for me. Running 140 miles last month didn't burn me out on running like I hoped it would. And now the weather is taking a very good turn and that makes me wanna get out even more. Gotta. Be. Patient.

Mmm hmm. I thought as much. Do you like how I phrased my question so nicely? Don't overdo it big guy.

Reporting early...Got some plans with the wife. I did walk 2.1 miles today which puts me at 87.7 miles for the month. Hope everyone is doing great! Numbers are impressive once again this month. Keep it up!

Ted how's your wife's recovery coming along?

Did 2 miles today, Total 38 miles!!! I am thinking I'm going to walk a 5k tomorrow and maybe bike for a few miles!! Determined to get to 50 miles!!

Had an awesome 5M run this morning. Increased my pace from last weekend by 1 min/mile. Going to be tough to reach my running goal this month, but going to try to fit in a few 3M runs.

5.2 mile run and 2 mile walk today.

So far this month:

Run: 34.8 (goal 60)

Walk: 37.5 (goal 40)

Bike: 5 (goal 50)

Total: 77.3

Did my 5k this morning and some bike too!! 4.5 miles total!!! Oct so far 42 miles!!!! I have officially passed last months total... Yeah!!! Now let's see where Oct takes me. I think Nov is going to be my 100 mile month!!

So two more miles today and I'm not even home yet. But that puts me at 40.2. Original goal met' date=' going for 60 now. Also going to cancun tomorrow with my darling, much-loved husband whom I have missed lately due to work, house guests, kids starting school, and more work. I plan to snorkel every damn day I can and hang out with him as much as we can. I plan to come back next Thursday all rested and happy :)[/quote']

Another 2.1 today puts me at 42.4.

Okay, broke down and bought recumbent bike today. Decent. Not high end. Between walking and cycling. 8.5 today. Gives me 65.4 total. I have arisen.

Here's the pic and you will notice the pillow! You won't believe this. My rump is so bony I'm to the point of doubling over a pillow and sitting with my tailbone "hanging" off the pillow! dear. Lord.

:(

post-2638-13838396546272_thumb.jpg

Okay' date=' broke down and bought recumbent bike today. Decent. Not high end. Between walking and cycling. 8.5 today. Gives me 65.4 total. I have arisen. Here's the pic and you will notice the pillow! You won't believe this. My rump is so bony I'm to the point of doubling over a pillow and sitting with my tailbone "hanging" off the pillow! dear. Lord. :([/quote']

Good for you! I think you'll love it. I do enjoy mine and mine was very inexpensive but highly rated. I was worried I would buy the bike and never use it. Which was true before surgery as I happens! Now I'm a lot more motivated, esp when the weather isn't conducive to outdoor exercise.

Better increase your goal now! It'll be too easy on the bike :)

I am taking a vacation next week in AZ, where the sun is forever shining. I think I will get out on the roads and put in some long runs. 5-10k per run. We shall see. :)

Good for you! I think you'll love it. I do enjoy mine and mine was very inexpensive but highly rated. I was worried I would buy the bike and never use it. Which was true before surgery as I happens! Now I'm a lot more motivated' date=' esp when the weather isn't conducive to outdoor exercise. Better increase your goal now! It'll be too easy on the bike :)[/quote']

My goal was 125. I'm not sure I will make it but....

Ted how's your wife's recovery coming along?

She is doing great! Moving good. We walked ALL over today while in Dallas. She just moved to soft foods a few days ago so that made her happy happy happy!