Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Only 1.3 miles today. Sad. total miles 26. I'll do better

I am somewhat shocked to report that I walked 3 miles today, bringing my total to 20.6 miles. That doesn't even sound possible to me. I had hoped to hit 40 miles this month and while I still hope to hit 40, I also realize it's the 8th of October and I've hit 20.6 miles already. How is that even possible?!

Loving this. The challenge and my fitbit both urged me to walk back and forth to the client's office, and then back and forth to dinner.< /p>

Which by the way was TWO delicious lobster tails! I can not believe I was able to eat them both with no problems. I hit 101 gms of Protein while a)on the road and b)without shakes. happy day!

You are doing so well! You will definitely make your 40 mile goal...you will more than likely make the 100 mile goal + at the rate you're going!

Nice!!! Enjoy that nice new MTB!!

so...my weekly goal was 31 miles/week this month. It didn't turn out that way this week! I took off on Sunday and Monday. I'm having such a hard time with motivation this week but it certainly has helped to read everyone's posts. So my week rounds out at 28 miles. I rode my bike 5.25 miles yesterday and walked 2.75 miles. This week my goal is 33 miles so that I can reach my 125 mile goal for the month! ;)

Yesterday's totals:

13 miles, 805 squats

Stuck in an all day conference & dinner yesterday, and again today. I feel like a veal in a pen - can't even get in a workout, the day goes so long. ARRRGGGHHH! Why can't I be independently wealthy so I don't have to work and can just dedicate myself to getting in shape?!? At this rate I'll never make it to 100!

Edited by zenandnow

Nice new bike Ted!!! :D

I did my double workout yesterday, weights for an hour, then spin for an hour...I am feeling quite sore today. I usually go a Wed. fitness class also but I have some freelance work to do (which I'm avoiding by being here...lol) and also I'm sore enough that I probably should "rest" today. I *might* do a light workout on the treadmill later but nothing strenuous.

Just added up my miles and I'm at 51.5 for the month. Looking like I'm going to be aiming for 150 for the month. I think I was 121 or something in Sept. so I think I need to up my goal. ;)

Still doing my daily workouts this week:

Monday:

1600 m warmup run, mobility work, cross fit warmup exercises

A.

Six sets of:

Clean x 1 rep @ 90-95%

Rest 2 minutes

B.

Three sets of:

Clean Pull x 1.1.1 @ 100%

(rest 5-10 seconds between singles)

Rest as needed

C.

Back Squat

* Set 1 – 4 reps @ 70%

* Set 2 – 3 reps @ 80%

* Set 3 – 2 reps @ 90%

* Sets 4-8 – 2 reps @ 90-95%

Rest 3 minutes between sets.

D.

Three sets for times of:

Row 500 Meters

Rest exactly 2 minutes

I was able to do the 500 m row in 1:35, 1:45 and 1:55 (defn got tired during these)

Tuesday:

As many reps in 17 mins as you can of:

40 Burpees

30 Snatches, 75/45 lbs

30 Burpees

30 Snatches,

135/75 lbs

20 Burpees

30 Snatches, 165/100 lbs

10 Burpees

Max ******, 210/120 lbs

I finished the set of 20 burpees and 30 ****** set.

Wednesday (today):

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:

10 Handstand Push-Ups

15 Box Jumps (24″/20″ – open hips on box)

20 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75lbs)

25 Pull-Ups

30 Double-Unders

Rest exactly 4 minutes, and then . . .

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 6 minutes of:

10 Handstand Push-Ups

20 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75lbs)

25 Pull-Ups

30 Double-Unders

Rest exactly 4 minutes, and then . . .

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 8 minutes of:

10 Handstand Push-Ups

20 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75 lbs)

25 Pull-Ups

30 Double-Unders

Shoulder to overhead, Pull-ups are still my "weak technique due to mobility" exercises. wish me luck!! :)

Everyday I am trying to get the mobility corrected in my thoracic region so these will get better. Lacross ball and roller are my BFF along with any stretch that loosens those tight front and upper back muscles. Learning more about mobility stretching every single day and also starting to really " hear" how my body needs and responds to mobility.

Good luck everyone!!

Ran for 4.5 miles today without stopping. I still can't believe I'm able to run that far. In July I was only able to run 3 minutes without stopping, today's run was 1 hour.

So far this month:

Run: 15.5 (goal 60)

Walk: 18.5 (goal 40)

Bike: 5 (goal 50)

Total: 39

Ran for 4.5 miles today without stopping. I still can't believe I'm able to run that far. In July I was only able to run 3 minutes without stopping' date=' today's run was 1 hour. So far this month: Run: 15.5 (goal 60) Walk: 18.5 (goal 40) Bike: 5 (goal 50) Total: 39[/quote']

That is SOOO awesome! Be proud!

That is SOOO awesome! Be proud!

Thanks Georgia!

You are doing so well! You will definitely make your 40 mile goal...you will more than likely make the 100 mile goal + at the rate you're going!
Thank you! Unfortunately i have a bad flare up today. Not sure if it's the three 18+ hour days back to back, too much walking, too cold in Boston or what. but lots of pain today. Wrists, fingers, feet all whacked. Can't wait to get home and collapse tonight. No walking for me today. Oh well.

Edited by gamergirl

Yesterday's totals: 13 miles' date=' 805 squats Stuck in an all day conference & dinner yesterday, and again today. I feel like a veal in a pen - can't even get in a workout, the day goes so long. ARRRGGGHHH! Why can't I be independently wealthy so I don't have to work and can just dedicate myself to getting in shape?!? At this rate I'll never make it to 100![/quote']

Really? Not in shape? Who is doing 805 squats for you then?? :)

Cut yourself some slack. You're just getting fit a different way this month rather than only walking.

2 miles on the elliptical machine this morning. It took about 45 mins. That's the longest time I've ever used that machine.

Love your new profile pic!

Thank you! Unfortunately i have a bad flare up today. Not sure if it's the three 18+ hour days back to back, too much walking, too cold in Boston or what. but lots of pain today. Wrists, fingers, feet all whacked. Can't wait to get home and collapse tonight. No walking for me today. Oh well.

Sounds like you are definitely in need of some much deserved rest! Take it easy and you can get back on track tomorrow. I'm not one to speak about getting on track...I took a break for absolutely no reason for two days! smh