Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated-

So 3 months out food is a chore- nuisance. I hate eating. I follow the rules but I hate it. It's not that I even really want to eat something else in particular - I just can't live like this. It's so ridiculous . I realize I am now forced to but my nut is nuts and I have many other mental and physical issues to deal with that are way more important to my overall wellbeung than this surgery

Nevertheless here we are so I follow the ducking rules and hate it. Losing weight. Don't have time to care about nutritionc just have time to do what I'm told. I guess if what I'm doing is working then ok for now. It's so beyond me that this forum even exists because I don't have time to care or catastrophize over 1 g if this or that. I'm just so overwhelmed and sick of all of this.

But we've all been thru do much with this that we have to keep forcing ourselves to do what we hate 24/7 to get what we want.git it

Wow I'm not quite sure what your trying to say?

That you dislike eating now?

But I'm truly sorry you are having a hard time.

Three months is still very early out. Trust me thing will change and you will feel more back to normal in the months to come.

Hang in there...it will get better. I'm not a member of the Former Fat Folks Welcoming Committee, in fact I'm probably the most cynical fella you'll ever meet on this site (notice I said fella...because while I don't know her, trust me, laura-ven is by far the most in-your face person you'll ever meet! LOL).

The weight loss will happen. Will it be easy. nope! But it will happen.

Now as far as any other issues, they will still be there, waiting for you. However the new, transformed you will be able to tackle them, with much more energy, zest and confidence! Alright, get ready for it...BAM!" sports-guy chest bump!", now go out there and get back in the game! LOL ;)

Good luck!

I'm so sorry you are hating this whole process... I wish I knew what to tell you to make you feel better. It kinda sounds like you really didn't want the eating to change. I hope that as you progress and learn that you will feel better! Being prepared ahead helps me tremendously! Good luck with everything and hang in there!

Hi I have not been sleeved yet and I am hoping that will happen soon. I appreciate your honesty. I see a lot of posts about post surgery but, none of them really tell me what the struggles of actually functioning and eating are. Is your biggest struggle that you have no interest in food at all and you can't even drink your Protein Shakes?

So 3 months out food is a chore- nuisance. I hate eating. I follow the rules but I hate it.

What rules, exactly, are you referring to? Are you having to account for every morsel that passes your lips to the nutritionist?

Yes have to obey nut. Yes of course Protein snakes are ok. I'm scared to deviate from her plan and I hate her plan. I mean my snack is 1 tbs sunflower seeds and 1/2 banana . Who the hell has time for Snacks in the first place. I wk 80 hrs and can't do this perfect. But I do what I'm told. This surgery btw was never my idea which is why you are hearing the frustration . But it is what it is.

What would likely help is something like figuring out the 1 oz of Protein I'm allowed to something different- shocking idea:) I just don't gave time to deal. Maybe at Christmas vacation. My dinner and lunch is 1 oz protein and 2/3 cup of veggies on the properi list.

I guess I really have no ? I just have to tune food out of my brain forever because its always going to be bland. That's something I just have to come to terms with in my spare time.

In general I just think its the most unnatural thing that whoever you agree created you made you want to eat- food necessary and reinforcing on the brain. Now it's totally opposite of nature. You have to reprogram your thinking to realize its a chore and not supposed to be something you look forward to or that satisfies you. I find that very odd. But here we are. So I just kind live in denial of the whole thing.

Quite frankly I don't even care that I've lost 62 lbs. I just do what I'm told. Don't own a scale. Don't care

Oh, love. With respect, sounds like your 80hr work week is taking its toll... Is there anything you've identified you like to eat that has 'reasonably' 'good' nutritional value, is quick to obtain and reasonably easy to eat?

Unless your nutritionist is sat on your shoulder and given the fact that you sound a bit burnt out, I'd be eating anything you can that fits into your lifestyle and doesn't make you feel completely despondent. Hell, how is your nutritionist going to know anyhow? As long as your bloods come back right and your weight moves in the right direction. I'd be getting 'creative' on your food diary!

If the surgery wasn't your idea, I don't quite understand how this surgery could be 'forced' on you - as it would infringe your human rights and would actually constitute a criminal offence! (Which I'm sure you think is accurate!) But that aside, if it was prescribed for your health and you agreed that something had to be done, then I guess it's something you're going to have to adapt to. I'm sure that is tough and I can fully understand your resentment in that regard.

As an adult you have total agency over what you choose to do - you don't have to do what you're told all the time. Maybe just try and work within the framework they provide and claim back enough control to feel a little bit happier?

Judging by how hard you clearly work, however, the first thing I'd be looking to do is to cut back on some of those working hours, if you can. You deserve a break.

Wishing you the best of luck :) x

I can relate... I'm almost 3 months out and have regretted the surgery since day 1. Not because I can't eat what I used to, but because this process has brought on this incredible anxiety and depression like I've never known. I have been living in a very dark place since surgery, going from loving life to hoping I won't wake up. I do not look forward to eating, Cannot stomach ANY Protein Drinks and am sick of all the animal Proteins and dairy. My almost veg diet does not work with my sleeve, because I'm not getting enough Protein in, hence, feeling shakey all day.

I'm sorry for the negativity, but I can't seem to get help/ follow-up care from any doctors. I do have anxiety meds now so I can sleep, but after I wake up, the nightmare begins. Every single day.

I'm happy for those people who love their sleeve... I thought I would be one of those people.. But I'm not. And now I have to come to terms with my regret and unhappiness.

God Bless everyone...

I can relate... I'm almost 3 months out and have regretted the surgery since day 1. Not because I can't eat what I used to' date=' but because this process has brought on this incredible anxiety and depression like I've never known. I have been living in a very dark place since surgery, going from loving life to hoping I won't wake up. I do not look forward to eating, Cannot stomach ANY Protein drinks and am sick of all the animal Proteins and dairy. My almost veg diet does not work with my sleeve, because I'm not getting enough Protein in, hence, feeling shakey all day. I'm sorry for the negativity, but I can't seem to get help/ follow-up care from any doctors. I do have anxiety meds now so I can sleep, but after I wake up, the nightmare begins. Every single day. I'm happy for those people who love their sleeve... I thought I would be one of those people.. But I'm not. And now I have to come to terms with my regret and unhappiness. God Bless everyone...[/quote']

Sorry you are having a hard time... I see that you eat a lot of veg.. Do you do dairy? I eat fage 2% everyday with blueberries and stevia it's my favorite meal and 20 grams of protein. Also tofu is a nice protein source.

I know that food is only one side of it... Do you have access to any support groups in your area?

Or counseling?

And again three months is early I had on and off depression even up to and past the 5th month.

It does get easier at a year out I feel pretty normal.

Yes have to obey nut. Yes of course Protein snakes are ok. I'm scared to deviate from her plan and I hate her plan. I mean my snack is 1 tbs sunflower seeds and 1/2 banana . Who the hell has time for Snacks in the first place. I wk 80 hrs and can't do this perfect. But I do what I'm told. This surgery btw was never my idea which is why you are hearing the frustration . But it is what it is.

What would likely help is something like figuring out the 1 oz of Protein I'm allowed to something different- shocking idea:) I just don't gave time to deal. Maybe at Christmas vacation. My dinner and lunch is 1 oz protein and 2/3 cup of veggies on the properi list.

I guess I really have no ? I just have to tune food out of my brain forever because its always going to be bland. That's something I just have to come to terms with in my spare time.

In general I just think its the most unnatural thing that whoever you agree created you made you want to eat- food necessary and reinforcing on the brain. Now it's totally opposite of nature. You have to reprogram your thinking to realize its a chore and not supposed to be something you look forward to or that satisfies you. I find that very odd. But here we are. So I just kind live in denial of the whole thing.

Quite frankly I don't even care that I've lost 62 lbs. I just do what I'm told. Don't own a scale. Don't care

Hi, I'm just wondering If anything has changed for you? Has it gotten any better?