Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actual complete patient manual found online

Hi everyone!

For those of you (like me) who can't wait to get our own manuals/plans from our surgeons or for those who have gone to Mexico and/or otherwise feel they did not get enough information for aftercare, I found an online PDF to a patient care manual from Peachtree Bariatrics here in GA. Several people on this board have used this doctor, Dr. Titus Duncan.

Although I will certainly follow MY surgeon's plan, it is nice to see a complete example of what to expect.

It has useful info for before and after surgery. It gives food plans for the different stages. It also lists different medications that are okay or not okay.

It is in PDF form.

Hope others find this as helpful as I do!

http://www.peachtree...ient-Manual.pdf

Another fantastic manual is from MU's bariatric program. Go to the following site: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=ApwOpPknBz8UYczyEUimJXGbvZx4;_ylc=X1MDMjAyMzUzODA3NQRfcgMyBGJjawM4Z2JxamY5OTRnZHVqJTI2YiUzRDMlMjZzJTNEdXQEZnIDeWZwLXQtMTQ1LTEwNgRmcjIDBGdwcmlkA1NrdDFqdFRGVF9TODN1SjNaMnVKcEEEbl9zdWdnAzEEb3JpZ2luA3d3dy55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzAEcHFzdHIDBHBxc3RybAMEcXN0cmwDMTMEcXVlcnkDTVUgYmFyaWF0cmljcwR0X3N0bXADMTM4MDQ2ODk2NTY3OQ--?p=MU+bariatrics&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-145-106 and scroll half way down.. there is a great nutrition manual as well as a Vitamin manual. I also learned a lot from their basic what to expect manual about how to avoid DVT. I didn't follow their manual EXACTLY, I followed a combination of the MU and the manual my doctor gave me.

Wow. Had no idea I wasn't sposed to bu using Pepto Bismol. Wonder why? I need to know the "why" behind everything!

Wow. Had no idea I wasn't sposed to bu using Pepto Bismol. Wonder why? I need to know the "why" behind everything!

I'm the same way. A lot of the things that are given to VSGrs are just copied from the RNY manuals and they don't actually apply to us, so I QUESTION EVERYTHING! Also, for me if the reason why I can't have something is because "it might make you uncomfortable" that's a lot different than if the reason is "because it might damage your sleeve"

This is my dr. and I've been looking at it a lot. I wonder if SF Carnation Instant Breakfast is supposed to be on clear food stage? It seems like a few things are listed more than once in a stage. I need to retype it,,,haha. I made a calendar for my stages and listed what is in the stage underneath the calendar.

Hi everyone!

For those of you (like me) who can't wait to get our own manuals/plans from our surgeons or for those who have gone to Mexico and/or otherwise feel they did not get enough information for aftercare, I found an online PDF to a patient care manual from Peachtree Bariatrics here in GA. Several people on this board have used this doctor, Dr. Titus Duncan.

Although I will certainly follow MY surgeon's plan, it is nice to see a complete example of what to expect.

It has useful info for before and after surgery. It gives food plans for the different stages. It also lists different medications that are okay or not okay.

It is in PDF form.

Hope others find this as helpful as I do!

http://www.peachtree...ient-Manual.pdf

That's a great manual. I used it to supplement what my surgeon gave me when I was newly post-op in February.

I'm the same way. A lot of the things that are given to VSGrs are just copied from the RNY manuals and they don't actually apply to us, so I QUESTION EVERYTHING! Also, for me if the reason why I can't have something is because "it might make you uncomfortable" that's a lot different than if the reason is "because it might damage your sleeve"

I generally approve and am a ginormous SKEPTIC about most things.

But in this weight loss battle, let's admit something...

We are FAT, we got fat through our own behaviors. Nobody did this to us. So...

Maybe for just a little while, give up on your skepticism -- since your fat brain does not want you to do this -- and just BLINDLY follow the program?

Jusat sayin'