Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is coming up fast 10/1! . Anyone got any advice for the next 2 days? Over the last month I have lost some weight and given up caffeine I know that will help, I have not been given any advice other than nil by mouth midnight the day before. Any pearls of wisdom out there?

How exciting for you!!! My surgery was Sept. 4th. I can't really think of advice for pre-op except to think about what you want to bring to the hospital with you. I was able to shower the morning after surgery and it was amazing :) I brushed my teeth constantly because I wasn't allowed any fluids for 24 hours after surgery. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have, sorry I'm not much help.

Val212.... Congrats on your success too with WLS. tomorrow is my surgery and I am looking for a "packing list". After reading some of these posts the gas that comes along with the surgery sounds horrific. How did you do with the gas and pain? I am a pretty tough girl and can tolerate a lot but WOW it's overwhelming! Anyway ...tomorrow is my day ... Need to be there bright and early at 6am. ( we live an hour away) ....any advice or suggestions of what things to not leave home without would be great!!

Val212.... Congrats on your success too with WLS. tomorrow is my surgery and I am looking for a "packing list". After reading some of these posts the gas that comes along with the surgery sounds horrific. How did you do with the gas and pain? I am a pretty tough girl and can tolerate a lot but WOW it's overwhelming! Anyway ...tomorrow is my day ... Need to be there bright and early at 6am. ( we live an hour away) ....any advice or suggestions of what things to not leave home without would be great!!

I'm so happy for you!!! For me the gas pain was annoying and painful at times, I even had pain in the front of my left shoulder because of it. I was told by my surgeon to use Gas X melt away strips, they work really well. The good news is that approx. 6-8 days post-op the gas was completely gone!! I brought my toiletries, loose stretchy pants, cell phone charger and definitely my toothbrush. It's pretty impossible to bend over so flip-flops were good. You honestly won't have a lot of "down" time the day after surgery, they have you walking the halls, drinking Water every 20 minutes, then 10 minutes, etc. It hurts to lean forward to a standing position but walking was not a problem for me. We're all different but I pray that you have an even easier time than me!! :) I feel like I'm sending you a book, sorry. Happy to answer anything that I can.

I forgot to mention that I used a heating pad on my stomach at home for a good week, it helped a lot. I've also heard of other sleevers using a stomach binder, I actually thought about that while in the hospital but forgot to mention it to my surgeon. Please make sure to ask your surgeon before trying anything that you're unsure of.

I am October 1 too! Starting to get anxious but also very excited. I am a band revision to sleeve so feel like I have been through at least some of this before. Congrats, good luck and I will see you on the post op side soon!

I forgot to mention that I used a heating pad on my stomach at home for a good week, it helped a lot. I've also heard of other sleevers using a stomach binder, I actually thought about that while in the hospital but forgot to mention it to my surgeon. Please make sure to ask your surgeon before trying anything that you're unsure of.

Thanks Val .... Less than 12 hours now!!!

You'll do great!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Come back and let me know how you're doing in a few days if you don't mind. So happy for you :)

Sleeve is complete he also repaired a hernia. Very little pain but Been having some problems keeping anything down including sips of Water. So holding off on retrying until tomorrow. The hospital staff are great St. Peter's Albany ny.

Sleeve is complete he also repaired a hernia. Very little pain but Been having some problems keeping anything down including sips of Water. So holding off on retrying until tomorrow. The hospital staff are great St. Peter's Albany ny.

I'm so happy and excited for you!!! Hold on, it gets much better very quickly :)