Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So...1 week post-op and I am freaking out a little today. Starting to doubt my choice and driving myself crazy. Did I really need to do this? I wasn't that overweight was I? Even with this what if I only lose like 40 lbs? I could do that with nutrisystem. I am not one to need food, but today I just want a bite. Of something. Anything. A sandwich. A salad. An English muffin. Ugh. Maybe it's being home and tired and sore. I don't know. I'm hoping it passes but I really just feel like sleeping the day away so I can't think about it. It's like post partum depression over here! I've only lost 5 lbs. a week out. Maybe that's part of what's bugging me too. I don't know. Just looking for a way to vent and share. :0( thanks

You are not alone.. I'm one week post op as of yesterday. I feel the same way.. Did I do the right thing? Could I have done it on my own? Then I snapped out of it and said not at all.. So wanting to eat yes that's me but I know that will soon pass.. Don't be to hard on yourself it took us months and years to gain the weight and it will take time to loose it.. Follow the program and stay motivated.. You will be fine!

I felt the exact same way. Everyone will say that it gets better, and guess what, it does. I had a hard time getting my fluids in early out and the head hunger was driving me crazy. I finally decided that I WAS NOT going to let my frustrations get the better of me. I focused on working my plan and getting my fluids and Protein in and in a few weeks the clouds parted and the sun was shining. It will happen for you, too. You just need to power through the hard parts at the beginning.

Good Luck!

I did that too...and it does get easier. Hang in there!

I had those thoughts too. Remember you are only in a phase that will pass. Once you get past it you will forget it. Stay strong you can do this

One of my constant phrases my first week post op was, I can't f-ing do this sh*t... My best friend saw me in the hospital a day after surgery and I said that to her. She told me, it's too late to change anything, it's already done, and it's not going to change back to how it was. Make the best out of the current situation instead of complaining. You're just going to stress yourself out and ain't no body got time for that...

Lol, my bestie was really sweet. I still get sad when I'm so excited to try something and 3 bites and I'm done. But food doesn't dominate my life anymore. And that is the most important thing to me.

SeriouslyChange, love the phrase! Mine was "this too shall pass" every few hours in the first couple of weeks. I cried the whole of day 4 and wondered what the feck I had done - buyers remorse on a HUGE scale - but, jillian109, each day it does get better.

Dealing with your mind in the early days was what I found toughest, not dealing with the liquids, mush etc. Keep reading the stories on the boards and watch people make their way through the different phases. You will never be alone in what you are facing and you will find support and answers.

Most important of all, you will see there are many who have been there before you, been in your shoes - and survived to tell great life changing stories. You made a great decision to improve your health and life by being sleeved, this is the hard time, the good days are just ahead!

Good luck to you and red79...

I am a little over a week out and feeling similar to you. I have been very emotional, but I think it does not help that I am no longer on hormones which has helped keep my emotions be more balanced in the past. My bariatric dr. stated I resume the hormones after a month out. Also because I am still in pain and taking pain meds, I cannot be as busy as I would like too . However, my family, close friend and this forum helps me to try to stay positive, I know this stage will pass.

Thanks guys. I know there is no turning back, but the what ifs are taking over my brain!! I can't voice my concern to my husband because he will just say it was my decision oh well. One of my best friends is having the surgery in a month so I don't want to discourage her! And my mother would freak out if I even mentioned I had a doubt. Sigh. I appreciate your posts. I need people who sleeved a month ago to give me some feedback!! Lol. Maybe I'll go browse the August boards.......

I am 5 months out tomorrow - it does get better every day, you just need to hang in.

Your hormones have also been affected by the surgery so you will be all over the place. Just give yourself a chance, put the what ifs in the corner and ask yourself that even if you lost 50lbs some other way, would it stay off? You just did something major and how you feel is understandable. But don't write off the surgery or you just yet...

I was sleeved on 9/3 and there was a time-1-2 weeks out where I felt exactly like you. I can tell you that the head hunger fades. I have lost 23 pounds since surgery and am walking 5 miles a day. All I can say is acknowledge your feelings but allow yourself to feel EMPOWERED by this. You have given yourself your life back. It's a brave and totally kickass thing that you have done.

Thank you Indigo for your posts. Find them very positive!!! Thank you. Even this post has months I am 4 days post op and feeling the same way. But I just finished to record a video in my computer (my first ever) not to go on youtube but just to let out all my feelings and this panic. It was a 24 minuts video and let me tell you I feel a lot better. I just recal all my past diets, all the risks I put my self in to with every sort of pills and crazy programs and non of them worked on long term. So looking at the facts watching the video again with me on it and this things going out from my mouth was very helpfull.. At least for the next cuple of ours. :) But I can do tons of videos, can't I? Lol

I think every one of us had that initial "buyer's remorse" within the first few days, and one thing that helped me (well, didn't stop me from complaining really, but nevermind ;)), is that fat cells hold estrogen. When you're losing weight quickly and squeezing those fat cells dry, all that estrogen starts floating around free again and messing with our tiny little brains.

I kept telling my husband that, at least, as a way of apologizing for being a whinging wreck for the first few weeks.

I think your video was a great idea - getting all that stuff out of your head sounds like it definitely helped!