Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DONE with the waiting game.

I know I've just started this journey and that I should be more patient. But I feel like all I'm doing it waiting. I want them to give me something else that I can do. I'm waiting on my first consultation with the surgeon. It isn't until Oct. 11. I've had my tests done, filled out every shred of paperwork that they have handed me so far, completed my psych evaluation, been to a support group session, and of course been to the informational meeting. Now I'm waiting waiting waiting till Oct. 11 to meet with my surgeon. Only after that do I know if I will need anymore tests. I also have to wait till after then to go to the education seminar. And now that I have all this typed out I realize that this is nothing. I just needed to vent for a minute. Thank you so much for allowing me to do so.

I know that it seems to be taking a long time but before you know it you will turn around and it will be done and your new journey will be well on its way! Just take a deep breath and realize that although it seems to take forever that it is just a little bump in the road. (I remember being frustrated too! My insurance took FOREVER, literally, I had given up and really forgotten that they were even looking at my case! I will tell you though, the wait is worth it!!!! Hope you get answers soon and appointments quickly!

I know that it seems to be taking a long time but before you know it you will turn around and it will be done and your new journey will be well on its way! Just take a deep breath and realize that although it seems to take forever that it is just a little bump in the road. (I remember being frustrated too! My insurance took FOREVER, literally, I had given up and really forgotten that they were even looking at my case! I will tell you though, the wait is worth it!!!! Hope you get answers soon and appointments quickly!

Thank you very much for the words of encouragement. On a good note. Since August 1 I have lost 24.2 pounds!!

24 pounds!!! That is fantastic!!! Keep up doing what you are doing in the meantime and you can only get closer to your goal as the days tick by! I just passed up my 1 year mark since my surgery and can not believe it except that I have met my goal and feel fantastic! Keep up the good work! Keep your eye on the prize and it will be here before you know it!

Way to go for you!!!!! So inspiring for me. I'm glad that you have met your goal!!!

October 11 now doesn't seem like too far away now. As it is this coming Friday! I'm excited and nervous. Excited to get the rest of the steps completed (all the hoops jumped through) and nervous that I could still be denied surgery.

I'm scared that they are going to look at the progress I've made so far and tell me I don't need the surgery. I've now lost 25.4 pounds since the first of August. I had put myself on the 1500 calorie a day "diet" and the weight was coming off rather quickly. However, a friend of mine, who was sleeved in July, mentioned that I might want to slow my progress a little until after my appointment with my surgeon when he would "officially" put me on the 1500 calorie a day "diet". All I know is that since I've upped my calories I feel yucky.

My surgery is the 11th also! I am so ready! You've done so well pre op. I can only imagine how successful you'll be after. Good luck to you Friday!

Hang in there! You have lots of support here, so vent away!

Congrats on making the decision to go down this path.

My surgery is the 11th also! I am so ready! You've done so well pre op. I can only imagine how successful you'll be after. Good luck to you Friday!

I wish my surgery was on the 11th. That's when I have my first meeting with my surgeon. I know I still have more hoops to jump. Congrats to you on your surgery date! Looking forward to hearing updates from you.

This will be a good time to do a lot of research. I needed something to do while waiting....and waiting.....and waiting....and before I knew it I was turning my paperwork in to my insurance (which was last week) and I'm waiting again. But each day is one day closer :rolleyes:

I started this journey on Feb. 19th and my surgery consult was finally scheduled for Nov. 6th. My insurance company has had me jumping through hoops for months but has finally approved my VSG. I have no idea if I'll be able to keep my same insurance next year so I'm getting anxious about having the surgery this year. A lot of my questions have been answered here and I am grateful for all the help.

Well... I had my first appointment with my surgeon. It went great. He said my labs looked great and my progress so far looks great so everything should be great. I still have three things left to do before I can turn in all my paperwork. He ordered a sleep study, an upper GI, and I still have to go to the 4 hour Educational seminar. So it looks like I probably won't be having the surgery until either December or January. I had so hoped to have it done before the Holiday season, but things don't always go on our schedule. I'll just keep on trucking. Doing what I'm already doing and praying for endurance to get through. Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive. I'm glad I can come on here and vent when I need to. You have all been so... well.... great. lol

Upper GI... done! sleep Study... done! 4 hour Seminar... done! Paper work turned in! now just waiting on that blessed call from the surgeon's office. All done before the end of November. Who's got two thumbs and completed all the hoops? This girl!! I'm so siked and ready for this to happen!! I'm even already down by 36.8 pounds! So super excited about having an extra tool to help me on my weight loss journey.

Still waiting on the call from my surgeons office. It's been almost a month since I turned in my paperwork. I called my surgeon's office today and was told that the sleep Clinic has yet to send over the information from my sleep study. I then called the Sleep Clinic and asked them to fax the paperwork over and even gave them the number. The nurse on the phone told me that they should get to it by FRIDAY. FRIDAY!! Are you freaking kidding me?? That means I won't get a call until sometime next week. which also means that now my surgery date will probably be either in mid-to-late Febuary or the first of March. I just feel like everything is going so slow. I've done everything that I'm supposed to do, jumped through all the hoops. I'm just feeling frustrated!