Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full Body Lift

There are few docs in Canada who do the Beltline Liptectomy (body lift) it has a huge complication rate even for plastic sugery. It has about a 50% complication rate. There are a few people who have had it that I know of but all of them have scarring.

I had the Belt Lipectomy and I can't see how there would be no scarring. They cut you in half! OF COURSE there's a scar when you're done. Are you talking about a different kind of scarring?

Also, the butt part of the belt lipectomy is no big deal whatsoever. It's actually sort of minimal. It's the Tummy Tuck part of it that's the big deal.

I had a TT of course there is scarring but when I think of their scarring vs mine massive scars some that span several inches in width on top of the scar that goes around the body. My scar is a thin scar that goes hip to hip. The one scar I saw yesterday is about 6 months younger than mine (I was done 3 years ago) and his is stll purple and raw looking. But that is all in how you heal that person heals badly. I heal well, if you were just looking at the area of my scar from a few feet away you wouldn't see it... you have to get close to notice there is even a scar there.

I had a TT of course there is scarring but when I think of their scarring vs mine massive scars some that span several inches in width on top of the scar that goes around the body. My scar is a thin scar that goes hip to hip. The one scar I saw yesterday is about 6 months younger than mine (I was done 3 years ago) and his is stll purple and raw looking. But that is all in how you heal that person heals badly. I heal well, if you were just looking at the area of my scar from a few feet away you wouldn't see it... you have to get close to notice there is even a scar there.

I see what you mean. Well, really, sounds like it was just HIS deal to scar like that. There's not a lot of difference between TT and belt lipectomy. The belt lipectomy is just like a TT for your butt and thighs, only without the muscle repair back there. My scarring is just like a TT all around.

My lower body lift cost me $8,500. The TT would have cost me $4,500.

Susieq, would you mind sharing how much something like that costs?? I'm assuming you had this done in Canada?? Your results are fantastic btw.

Mandi, I think with a full body lift they'll do under your arms and lift the breasts too. But I'm not 100% on that, could be more.

I was done by Dr Sliwin (not the best beside manner but oh my god an amazing surgeon, he actually has been to seminars for surgeons on how to deal with WLS patients and patients who have had massve losses of weight, our skin changes and has to be dealt with differently etc) I paid $10 500.00 for both the TT and Breast lift/reduction that was including all taxes. I am going back to see him for my thigh lifts and pretty much any other work I need done aside from the face and I will go to someone who only does faces. Yes I am now a firm beleiver in the power of PS... I was happy with who I was before and now I am delighted never underestimate the power of perky boobs to make a girl feel good. I don't plan on touching the face as part of the WLS surgery but I beleive in the power of aging gracefully.

And thank you so much for the compliment.

Puddin, I have a quick question and I will ask the guy who had the Beltline this too.. but recently he had a thich lift that also continued around to give him basically a butt lift with the thigh lift. I am just trying to figure out because the beltline does basically a butt lift with the tightening of the skin in the back of the body any reason you can think of why the surgeon would do a double butt lift kind thing? (by the way he had two seperate incisions the beltline incision and then with the thigh lift the incision goes around the front o his groin all the way through the crotch and around the back about 3/4's of the way along the back of his buttock line. (yes you would think I saw it but no only had it described in detail...)

I thought it was strange to go and do the double butt lift sort of thing.

Heather

That guy's thing sounds strange. Mine is one incision that goes all the way from just above my crotch area to around my butt area. They "lifted" my butt by pulling up ALL the skin (front and back), then pulling it down (front and back), removing the excess skin, and then suturing the new skin together. One of my steri-strips came off on its own today. I am AMAZED at how it already blends into my skin. They used a new laser cutting technology and EVEN NOW you probably couldn't see the scar line in a pic. Amazing! But I'm not real concerned about the scar. Even WITH the scar I still look better dressed AND naked.

My next attempt will also be a breast augmentation. I don't need a lift, I just need a fill LOL. They've always been small, even when I was a big girl. So I'm getting the "return customer discount" and getting some silicone implants once I sell this house in a month or so. It'll cost me $4,500 for the silicone. It would be $3,500 for the saline (normally $500 more if you're not a returning customer).

Who did your lower body lift? I know once I finish this next 20 lbs....that will be the only thing that can help these sagging thighs.

I'm just scared to have this kind of surgery. I hate any kind of pain..............sounds like whoever did your surgery is a good doctor.

I think the aftermath and how you feel has a lot to do with the surgeon.:clap2:

Hey i too need plastic surgery!! In order of want:

TT

boobs

thighs

If you guys are serious and one of you is research smart,we should set a date and go together,possilby a discount,we could share rooms and heck we don;t eat alot so it can't be THAT bad.Plus we can all support each other yoo hoo!!!

I have a consult with a surgeon in Ottawa hoping OHIP will cover but my hopes are not that high...It sure would be nice to NOT have to wear a body girdle every day for the rest of my life!!

I quit smoking today hoping that i can exercise more but sweat and spandex don't go together too well!

:think

Please don;t forget me if any of you decide to do this cuz i am sooooo IN!:clap2:

lynda,

for your thighs it depends on what you need done.. a body lift would never work with my thighs I need the full thigh lift.. I still have some mass on my thighs and a ton of sagging skin. So I need the full cut down the inside of my thigh and across the groin line to get the results that will make me happy.

I will see my same surgeon who did my TT and Breast Lift, for my thigh lifts. We had a lovely talk about the two methods of cutting for a thigh lift and how the results would look with my shape of thigh, skin removal etc. And he explained to me where just the groin cut would fail and be pulled lower and he would need to operate a second time to make me happy... (I am fussy and he knows it)

There is some pain with PS.. don't think there isn't but it is managable. I am lucky I have a high toleralence for pain, so I don't need a ton of painkillers after surgery. I would say if you are doing it give yourself a few extra weeks to manage major pain.