Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really need some support :(

I am completely disappointed with myself.. I don't even know why i got this surgery.. 5 days ago i thought my life was going to change.. I have been feeling very bad post op.. So i didn't have the mood to check calories Proteins sugars etc.. Been drinking sugar drinks i even ate soda crackers to help with my nausea and i ate some veggies pureed today :( i am so down! All the pain was for nothing

I am sorry that you are having a terrible post surgery. Please for your health and future stop drinking and eating the sugar stuff. All you are going to do is hurt yourself. We can not go back so lets make the best of it and plow forward. I have really met some amazing people in here and if not for them I do not know where I would be today. Please head into the open chat room and speak to people who have been there and can help you along. Good luck to you and hope this whole things turns around for you.

Don't be so down on yourself I didn't lose one pound until 10 days after surgery. Then it was 2. It will happen I am 30 days out and 40 pounds down. Chin up it will get better.

The first few months post op are rough. You will begin to get the hang of soon enough, and will realize that it was all worth it. Sorry you are feeling so down, but it will only get better from here and out. Good luck to you! You will do great! :) keep your head up and try to stay positive! ;)

We are in charge of our own destiny. You can do this. Pull yourself up, get rid of the things you know you shouldn't have, and follow your docs plan. Your life can and will change, but YOU are in charge of that. Nothing will change if you don't make that happen. Really, if you think about it, it's a pretty good thought - you are in control. Now dust yourself off, do what you know you need to do, and we re here for you! Good luck!

Post surgery here is the general order... (1) water/hydration, (2) pain and nausea control, (3) after a week or two, getting Protein in. And if in doubt, CALL THE MD, that's why you paid him/her a BUNCH of money.

But DO think and work hard to cut down on carbonation and sugars.

Don't beat your self up. The nurse practitioner offered me ginger ale for my nausea when I was in the hospital a day post op. Get yourself back on track. You had the will power to have surgery, you can find the will power to do this

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy right now. But 5 days might be a little quick to determine this isn't for you. I wouldn't be surprised if once you start feeling better, you're thrilled with the results.

Post op is hard on your emotions as well as your body and old habits. Calling your MD is a very good idea. And are there any non-sugary drinks that you like? You might want to try switching over to a few of these to hydrate more. And eating crackers after a sleeve seems like it would make you feel sick... I think they may not be such a good idea.......keep reaching out...this forum can help, as can friends or family (sometimes) or perhaps a post-op support group, if you have that as part of your surgery team. If your MD team is local. you should give them a call, I think

very good advice here...I can't really add to it, except to say please hang in there...things do get better, but for now you need to just concentrate on following the program your medical team set for you

Way to early in the game to give up!!! Stick with the plan walk sip repeat. Stay off the sugar, find a Protein you like and quit feeling sorry for yourself You've been given a second chance at a healthy life that many people will never get don't blow it.

Please call you doctor and get some medical guidance. They have great support teams out there to help you embrace your new normal. Your in pain so everything is gonna suck right now. Drink lots of Water go for your walks and find someone to talk with. Keep looking in these boards there is lots of love for you here. All the best to you

I am completely disappointed with myself.. I don't even know why i got this surgery.. 5 days ago i thought my life was going to change.. I have been feeling very bad post op.. So i didn't have the mood to check calories Proteins sugars etc.. Been drinking sugar drinks i even ate soda crackers to help with my nausea and i ate some veggies pureed today :( i am so down! All the pain was for nothing

Not beating you up here, but the last thing you need 5 days out is soda crackers and sugar drinks unless your doctor has told you it is okay. For the first two weeks, I was on a full-liquid only plan which certainly didn't include those.

I understand that it sucks right now but it will pass. Don't make it worse.

Not beating you up here, but the last thing you need 5 days out is soda crackers and sugar drinks unless your doctor has told you it is okay. For the first two weeks, I was on a full-liquid only plan which certainly didn't include those.

I understand that it sucks right now but it will pass. Don't make it worse.

It will get better. I was miserable for the first several weeks. It turned out that a lot of my issue was my gallbladder which they removed at 3 weeks post op. Things will turn around. You just had major surgery which is hard to recover from. Give it time. I agree that staying hydrated is the focus in the first few weeks. Otherwise you will feel awful and end up in the hospital for fluids. For me, pain management came second and then eating (follow your doctor's orders). I really didn't like any sugar free drinks post-op, so I just stuck to Water. I still do even after 4 months. Once you are allowed to have them, crackers aren't necessarily the enemy. I have them occassionally, but if you are only 5 weeks out, they probably aren't on your plan yet.