Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

food Funerals: #1 In-n-out double double w/animal style fries huge dr pepper - #2 carne asada fries. yes they are THAT amazing. #3 obscene desserts! #4 pizza. an extreme amount of pizza. there were others but those were my favorite. :) I have no desire to ever eat that amount of food again though.

I dont have food funeral now that I am working out prior to my surgery because I know if I eat anything I a m going to have to work it off. I have become so aware of what I am eating and why I am eating it, that these 6 months of prep time is really working for me. I no longer eat out of boredom or make bad food choices, I eat when I am hungry, I exercise at least 40 minutes every day as well as I think about food differently. I now know that my past food choices is the reason that I am in this boat in the first place as well as I did not know how many calories that I was consuming when I was eating it. I done not want to sabotage my new me before I have even began. I still have 3 months to make my changes before I have surgery and I an going to do everything I can to be successful . Missing food can be hard because it has always been a comfort and non judgemental , but look at it this way we are , our worst critic we know how to beta ourselves up better than anyone else. So let this be a new begining for you a new happier you. Good luck.

Yeah I feel gross, bloated and disgusting and I really do want to stop bingeing. I've gained weight since my 1st visit and i'm sooooo uncomfortable. I'm still waiting to get approved but i'm going to focus on breaking bad habits, eating more Protein and walking. God, I want this nightmare to end!!!!!!

Hoping someday I look back at this and laugh

Yess!

But thankfully I haven't gained any weight. I think it's just that I am now more aware of what and how much I'm eating, so I feel kind of guilty when I know I'm eating what I shouldn't be eating and/or when I'm eating too much. I seriously thought I had overate and felt like I had gained 10 pounds before my pre op with my surgeon and was terrified that he might cancel the surgery but I guess it was all in my head because I actually lost another 2 pounds lol.

No food funeral here.

After that initial informational session, I was very conscious of what I ate and had the kinds of things I'd eat post op.......it was a good practice for me (I'm a person of habit---good or bad)........not quite 2 months out, and I don't regret that decision....I figure eventually I could have a taste of something if I really wanted it post op......just not right now.

Good luck everyone! This isn't an easy journey, but well worth it.

the only thing i really had a funeral for was alcohol. a week before my three week pre op diet i went out with a bunch of my friends and had two drinks. and after not having alcohol for like two months i was on the FLOOR. i also ate some fried foods, but the next day I was back on the horse. i NEEDED to lose 20lbs before surgery otherwise i felt like my surgeons were going to be angry. they're very intimidating lol. just remember that after surgery you're allowed to eat whatever you want, it's just making the right decision not to eat those things that is harder.

Can someone clarify the process? Once u decide on the surgery with your doctor then what... Tests or a diet come next??? I gear people say 6 months supervised diet and others say 2 weeks... Very confused

Can someone clarify the process? Once u decide on the surgery with your doctor then what... Tests or a diet come next??? I gear people say 6 months supervised diet and others say 2 weeks... Very confused

I have the same question. Why some have. 2 week liquid diet and others not? Seems like more than not have the 2 week.

Ew gross' date=' butter on a spoon? :blink::lol: When I was thinking about whether or not to get the surgery I ate like you did. I don't know why though. Once I had it in my head that I was going to do this I went ahead and started changing my diet. I thought I needed to get used to this as this is me from now on plus later down the road I can have those things in small amounts if I really wanted to? I am still preop[/quote']

I'm pre-op too. I started changing my habits/diet little by little during the required 4 month insurance mandated diet. The biggest hurdle was giving up soda. But I've be feeling so much better without it.

Did you eat butter on a spoon before?

Lol, never. I barely eat butter.

it depends on your insurance as on the 6 month supervised diet, my insurance requires a 6 month, it can vary between 0-6 months. as far as the pre op liquid diet that depends on your doctor, some docs do some don't. my doc requires a 2-3 week liquid diet w/ only Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids such as broth, Water, sugar free Jello, sugarfree popsicles.

Unfortunately, I have been going through it and haven't even been approved for my surgery yet. I've been going through this weekend taco thing for the past few weekends. I am hoping to snap out of it this week when I get my vitamix and start making green smoothies again. I did well when I was making smoothies but gave my vitamix away and have been off track since then.

Unfortunately, I have been going through it and haven't even been approved for my surgery yet. I've been going through this weekend taco thing for the past few weekends. I am hoping to snap out of it this week when I get my vitamix and start making green smoothies again. I did well when I was making smoothies but gave my vitamix away and have been off track since then.

Funny, my thing has been Chipotle but at least i've been getting the burrito bowls not the burritos lol. I'm sitting here peeling sweet potatoes and planning out my meals for the week. No more of this!

I don't have to do the 6 month diet but will be going on the 10 day liquid diet which doc said will take care of the 10 pounds i need to lose before surgery. I guess that's why I feel the need to enjoy now before i'm only on liquids

I'm pre-op too. I started changing my habits/diet little by little during the required 4 month insurance mandated diet. The biggest hurdle was giving up soda. But I've be feeling so much better without it.

Yeah, the soda is hard...well actually the diet soda bc I don't drink regular soda. I have been trying really hard to transition to Water more. I bought some of the liquid flavors to add to my water and that is helping.

Yeah' date=' the soda is hard...well actually the diet soda bc I don't drink regular soda. I have been trying really hard to transition to Water more. I bought some of the liquid flavors to add to my Water and that is helping.[/quote']

Those really helped me when I was "tweaking" lol