Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone feel like they've been eating uncontrollably since deciding to get the surgery, almost like i'll never be able to eat like this again so I should enjoy it now.

Still going through it? Snapped out of it? Please share your experience/tips on getting out of this mindset

I also have been eating my favorites. I know that I have to begin making the changes in my diet. But the 14 days before is Oct.8th. So between now and then. I will ad in more Protein and veggies but I will also have some last suppers.

I went through that right before I got the ins approval & surgery date. Then I just got serious and I've had to surround myself with this forum/support from a friend that had her sleeve this summer and reminding myself of the better life that I'm about to begin.. Hang in there and try to figure out why your actually eating, what emotion or situation are you burying with food? And find another activity to do instead of eating.

I think it's normal. I had "food funeral" for 6m! But now after surgery your food choices do change. You no longer crave all the things you once did.

I gained 15 from the time I decided to the day of my first consult. Surgeon required 10% loss for surgery and I started lean and green the day after. I lost 27 in the 2 1/2 months prior to surgery.

My food funeral came one week prior to my surgery. I was on vacation and ate ( and drank) what I wanted for one day. I regretted it. Felt lousy after. Didn't realize how badly the carbs and crap affected me. Turned around and lost 8 during the remainder of the week. And I never looked back.

Something clicked over the past few months that made me want to stay on track. I didn't want to fail at this. It is really my last option.....if it doesn't work, then what? The food funeral was a bad idea in hindsight. It was my last chance to flip off the world, but it wound up biting me in the rear in the end. Thank God my liver was okay for the surgery, but that would have set me back another month or more.

It will click, you mind goes from "can I" to "I can". If you only have a one or two week pre-op diet requirement it may not happen until the day the diet starts. It was also helpful to read that most people on here eat pretty normally once they hit goal, just smaller portions.

Best wishes on your journey!

I didn't do too many last meals because I figured the less I weighed when I started the less I would have to lose! I was scared before surgery though bc I didnt have those meals ... But you know what? I was ok even without all of that because right after surgery, you really don't have the desire to eat. I am almost 3 months out and I still have not tried some of my comfort foods. Ones that I wanted so bad for last meals but didn't. I think it is great that I am ok for the first time in my life eating healthy. Though I am no saint, I have my moments, I just decided to make 99% of my choices the best ones for my body and Live my life without food controlling ME ;)

I ain't gonna lie. I wanted a Baconator so bad, but I didn't give in. I wish I had. I know that sounds terrinle, but after more tham a week with no real food, the memory of that Baconator would be awesome lol.

apcc it gets better! Hang in there

I eat smaller meals and I don't feel as if I'm going wild but I decided not to let myself get sucked into the food funeral saga. Food is not dead and I still eat what I want I just don't have a major pig out fest like before. This surgery is not the end of our favorites we just eat less and don't have the guilt of over eating in 1 setting like before. Just take it slow and you will be ok.

I ain't gonna lie. I wanted a Baconator so bad, but I didn't give in. I wish I had. I know that sounds terrinle, but after more tham a week with no real food, the memory of that Baconator would be awesome lol.

If you tried to eat that burger I think you would get one to 2 bites maximum and be all mad that you wasted your money at this point.

There are so many different opinions on this, and really only you can decide what is best for you. The day I decided to go for surgery, I changed everything. Starting with my mindset and the control food in general had on me, I still feel making those changes on my terms helped me when it got hard and cravings or the need to emotionally eat came. I don't regret not having "food funerals" I was of the same opinion as Lipstick Lady, I wanted to be in the best possible physical condition for surgery. Best of luck leading up to your surgery! Follow your doctors instructions, you can't go wrong there.

I didn't have "funerals" because I know that in the future I'll be able to taste those foods again. I did have some of my favorite things 2 weeks before starting the pre-op diet. The first day of the pre-op diet I was wishing I DID have funerals so that I could think back on all that I was missing out. I'm on day 4 and I am craving eggs, grilled chicken and veggies but feel a lot calmer than the past days (and woke up with a lot of energy). Yesterday I was craving butter. Butter on a spoon.... that's kind of sad, isn't it? Lol

Ew gross, butter on a spoon? :blink::lol: When I was thinking about whether or not to get the surgery I ate like you did. I don't know why though. Once I had it in my head that I was going to do this I went ahead and started changing my diet. I thought I needed to get used to this as this is me from now on plus later down the road I can have those things in small amounts if I really wanted to? I am still preop

I didn't have "funerals" because I know that in the future I'll be able to taste those foods again. I did have some of my favorite things 2 weeks before starting the pre-op diet. The first day of the pre-op diet I was wishing I DID have funerals so that I could think back on all that I was missing out. I'm on day 4 and I am craving eggs' date=' grilled chicken and veggies but feel a lot calmer than the past days (and woke up with a lot of energy). Yesterday I was craving butter. Butter on a spoon.... that's kind of sad, isn't it? Lol[/quote']

Did you eat butter on a spoon before?