Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been sleeved for almost 2 years

I'm back!. I was sleeved in Nov 2011, so I will Celebrate two years being sleeved. I started my journey at 330 pounds. When I found out I was going to be a first time grandma, I knew I couldn't keep up with a two year old at 330 pounds. Having tried to lose weight for years to very little avail, I decided WLS was the way for me. Of course it was initially tough. The mandatory 6 months pre op, was tough cause I wanted to get started. Then the surgery was actually a breeze. The few months afterwards was really tough. Was so terribly weak for a while, thought I had made a mistake. However, once my body got used to the situation, I started losing and it was great. Eventually lost 75 pounds. Went from a size 24 pant (some times a 26) down to a size 18. Oh. I really thought I was cute!!. My hubby was really happy with me before and didn't want me to lose any more weight. I maintained at that size 255 for two years. Glad to have the tool that helped me eat smaller portions. Glad to have the control to follow the high Protein, low carb lifestyle for eating. During the past two years, I find that I can eat anything I want, I can sometimes eat larger portions (though still smaller than normal). During the past two years I've often had periods of tracking my food and not tracking my food. During the past two years I've not gained any weight (beyond the occasional 3 - 5 pound swing). During the past two years I've been very happy with myself, my weight lose and life in general. Now.. not sure why.. I want to move on down. I want to continue my general to a better goal. Most recently I've started the 5:2 method for eating. That is eating regular for 5 days and 2 days to decrease the calories. Theory is by reducing calories for two days will overall reduce your calorie intake and thereby cause weight loss. Theory for this life style is other science that I'm not clear on or actually sold on.. that giving your body a resting period from eating is supposed to be good for you. Let me say right up front.. THIS IS NOT FOR FIRST TIME WLS PATIENTS. you MUST MUST MUST MUST follow the directions for eating from your surgeon. You MUST MUST MUST MUST.. follow the advice from others in your same situation. A 2 year sleeve is much different from a new sleeve. My 2 year journey is mine and its different for everyone. Over the past two years I've been reading the posts and blogs from this forum and it has helped to keep me focused and on track. I use this forum to get good tips on staying motivated, good food tips, reciepes, protein advice etc. This is an awesome forum. At this point I want to begin posting and replying in the Vet forum, and to do that I must post at least 100 times. I consider myself a sleeve VET, because I've lived this life for 2 years, especially if you include the pre-op time. I'm looking forward to now actally joining the discussions instead of simply reading about them. Now that I want to use my tool to continue my journey its time to get back in the game.

Just wonder why you chose to stop losing at 255 pounds? You mentioned that your husband didn't want you to lose more; did you have the surgery for him or for you?

Welcome back! I look forward to reading your posts and wish you the best of outcomes with starting your weight loss again! :)

Welcome back, and congrats on your weight loss and maintenance! I love reading the veteran posts. I find it very interesting to read about the struggles people are having much further out. The rest of us can definitely learn a thing or two from you vets! We have similar starting weights, and weigh about the same currently, so I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. :)

Wishing you much luck. I am 3+ years post op an starting the path to lose again. Just like you. I haven't dedicated myself to the plan your doing,... But..... I'm considering. Thanks for the up date and way to go going for more weight loss if that is why you want!

Hi. Good question why I stopped. At 255 I was in a size 18 I had not been in a size 18 for over 20 years and I was really happy with myself. I got busy with my daughter and new grand son and other life derailers. I mention hubby cause he would bring home my trigger foods. chips and chocolates. I was doing the best I could to not gain any weight. Thoug I saw 255 daily on the scale I was satisfied with the 75 pound loss at that time. There were times when I tried to focus and lose more but scale wouldn't move and I lost focus. Yes I lost the weight for me not hubby and I have called him out on his attempts to sabotage my progress we have that under control now

Laura-ven HI I follow the 5:2 group daily. I was so excited to see others in my situation on the 5:2 plan you Feedyoureye Georgia M2G Coops and Globtrotter are my source of inspiration and now Lisahopes and others have joined You guys are the reason I decided to begin posting again

It's good to hear your story. I was thinking to myself that a little weight training would help you move on down, then I realized that it would be very good advice for me, too!!! Thanks for that. (I had a band 4 years ago, hit the wall, and now getting sleeved on October 7th.)

Hi Chittick24.I would like to know how your doing after 3 years? Hope all is well with u. I think I am starting at a bad time with the holidays coming. So hope to get focus and good tips from everyone. Thanks for the encouragement

I've spoken to several women in my support group who stopped losing at a higher weight them most of us would prefer.

I have two cousins who got down to 180 and 200lbs and stopped because they didn't want to lose to much on certain body parts. Good luck to you on maintaining and keep your husband in check.

Hey Laura-Ven- I like the new pic. Keep up the good work and congrats to you.

Btw- I hope no one is offended by my previous post. It was not said to be provocative to start a war of words. I am always happy when I here of anyone who has lost weight and keeps it off.

Welcome back to the op.

Hi. Good question why I stopped. At 255 I was in a size 18 I had not been in a size 18 for over 20 years and I was really happy with myself. I got busy with my daughter and new grand son and other life derailers. I mention hubby cause he would bring home my trigger foods. chips and chocolates. I was doing the best I could to not gain any weight. Thoug I saw 255 daily on the scale I was satisfied with the 75 pound loss at that time. There were times when I tried to focus and lose more but scale wouldn't move and I lost focus. Yes I lost the weight for me not hubby and I have called him out on his attempts to sabotage my progress we have that under control now

Laura-ven HI I follow the 5:2 group daily. I was so excited to see others in my situation on the 5:2 plan you Feedyoureye Georgia M2G Coops and Globtrotter are my source of inspiration and now Lisahopes and others have joined You guys are the reason I decided to begin posting again

Chips! I've had my run in with those this week!

They are everywhere in my house right now!

(Lots of teenagers hanging out here) they are tasty and I can eat without a feeling of fullness.

I must gain control but also request that they not be brought in so much...

I'm glad you are posting again, and following the 5:2 group. They are a great bunch of woman and provide great support :)

Blupee,

Thank you :)

And I know lots of woman that don't want to lose their "curves" so no offense taken here.

I'm doing ok. Sleeved 05/2/2010 .. Lost 163 lbs... Pregnant July 2011... Married nov 2011... Bought. House dec 27 2011.... Moved into house after some fixing up feb 2nd 2012... Had the baby march 6 2012.. After that my focus was baby and home life. I gained 40 back with pregnancy and being off plan. Now I'm back and trying to find my nitch to losing again.

Well welcome back and thank you for letting us know that we inspired you to come back AND get back on the losing track. It's hard chiz, no lie, but the best thing about the sleeve is that it has no expiration date! Congrats on maintaining your loss, that is to be commended and also for talking to your hubby and getting him on board.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!