Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone!! I'm new to this forum and I was looking for a support group for my sleeve journey :) I'm pretty sure I've found the place I want to be. I'm a 30 yr old RN mother of 2 beautiful girls ages 1 & 5 and married to an amazing man. Now with that being said you'd think I'm all set, right? Actually, not really. My weight has been an issue all my life, even as a child I remember being called fat. I've done eeeeeevvvvvvveeeerrrrrryyyyttthhhhhhhiiiinnnnggto try to lose weight... It just hasn't worked. After the birth of my last daughter, I've ballooned up to 260 lbs, been put on blood pressure meds and it's now taking a toll on me. I'm now in the process of getting approved for the sleeve. I'm done with all the Dr appts ( as of yesterday) and now I just wait to hear of my approval and set a date. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done in early December. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I NEED to do this, I want to be here for my family. I look forward to getting to know people on here and getting support from you all. Thanks you in advance and God bless!!

I LOVE this forum! Everyone is always very kind and helpful! Welcome! :)

OHHH welcome. There are a bunch of RNs on here. They may even have their own group (don't quote me). But you will have so much fun here looking around and all of the information. Before you know it, you'll be sleeved. Good luck.

Welcome! You have found a wonderfully helpful group here. Best of luck!!!

Well hello! And good luck!! :)

Good luck!

Good luck! I'm new too! I just had my base weight weigh in and my first appointment with the LPN is in October. But I have all my appointments set and ready to go. Actually will be done with them before I visit with the LPN for the first time! Just started the south beach diet. My dr wants me down 5% before surgery. I would love to be down 10%. I'm on day 2 of the first phase and it's tough!

Good luck with everything!

Welcome.. You came to the right place. You will find a ton of information on here, and the people are really nice. You have to keep in mind every practice is different and what some are told to do is not what you are going to be told to do. Always adhere to what your doctor has told you to do. Best of luck and hope you get your date soon!

I've received my official surgical date!!! November 7th @ 12:15 pm!!! I don't know why all of a sudden, I'm nervous, but it's definitely good nerves, I'm going to be steadfast in prayer and continue to be positive!!! :rolleyes:

I've received my official surgical date!!! November 7th @ 12:15 pm!!! I don't know why all of a sudden, I'm nervous, but it's definitely good nerves, I'm going to be steadfast in prayer and continue to be positive!!! :rolleyes:

Good for you. I've have a 6 month waiting time. My last visit with my surgeon is Nov. 17th then they should give me a Dec or Jan date. Well good luck. Keep us posted here.

Hey everyone!! I'm new to this forum and I was looking for a support group for my sleeve journey :) I'm pretty sure I've found the place I want to be. I'm a 30 yr old RN mother of 2 beautiful girls ages 1 & 5 and married to an amazing man. Now with that being said you'd think I'm all set' date=' right? Actually, not really. My weight has been an issue all my life, even as a child I remember being called fat. I've done eeeeeevvvvvvveeeerrrrrryyyyttthhhhhhhiiiinnnnggto try to lose weight... It just hasn't worked. After the birth of my last daughter, I've ballooned up to 260 lbs, been put on blood pressure meds and it's now taking a toll on me. I'm now in the process of getting approved for the sleeve. I'm done with all the Dr appts ( as of yesterday) and now I just wait to hear of my approval and set a date. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done in early December. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I NEED to do this, I want to be here for my family. I look forward to getting to know people on here and getting support from you all. Thanks you in advance and God bless!![/quote']

Hi there! I'm.fairly new as well. I am married (f) with five children. We are close in weight. I was 263, 5'3' when I went for my appt with my surgeon. My last appt is scheduled for Nov 19, minus my psych eval. Looks like I might be having my operation in Jan.

Hey everyone!! I'm new to this forum and I was looking for a support group for my sleeve journey :) I'm pretty sure I've found the place I want to be. I'm a 30 yr old RN mother of 2 beautiful girls ages 1 & 5 and married to an amazing man. Now with that being said you'd think I'm all set' date=' right? Actually, not really. My weight has been an issue all my life, even as a child I remember being called fat. I've done eeeeeevvvvvvveeeerrrrrryyyyttthhhhhhhiiiinnnnggto try to lose weight... It just hasn't worked. After the birth of my last daughter, I've ballooned up to 260 lbs, been put on blood pressure meds and it's now taking a toll on me. I'm now in the process of getting approved for the sleeve. I'm done with all the Dr appts ( as of yesterday) and now I just wait to hear of my approval and set a date. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done in early December. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I NEED to do this, I want to be here for my family. I look forward to getting to know people on here and getting support from you all. Thanks you in advance and God bless!![/quote']

Welcome! This forum is great! I've found other people journey to be helpful. I hope you get your approval soon. I'm going to be sleeved in 11/1. Keep us posted!

I've received my official surgical date!!! November 7th @ 12:15 pm!!! I don't know why all of a sudden' date=' I'm nervous, but it's definitely good nerves, I'm going to be steadfast in prayer and continue to be positive!!! :rolleyes:[/quote']

Congrats on your date! You will soon be on the losers bench.

This place has been a life saver for me.. when I was pre op, I thought I would lose my mind with worry. No matter how many threads I started with me freaking out, everyone was so encouraging and helpful. Now that I am 3 weeks post op, I find everyone to be helpful in a different way. I am on here more than facebook! everyone on here has been in your shoes and everyone on here is rooting for you including me! Feel free to message any of the wonderful people on here for any guidance or advice you feel you need. They will always be willing, myself included! I love it here!