Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Hi Tracy!

We can both be diet buddies then ;)

Its not that long away, april at all....no easter eggs for us you know!! LOL

Speak soon,

Sara x

Hello everyone! My date is set for March 2 in Monterrey, Mexico.

I am very excited!!

Hi! I've been reading these boards since I first went to the informational seminar in August and finally have all my requirements done and will be having surgery on March 19th! I have my preop meeting with the Dr. and nutritionist on March 1st where they'll go over preop and postop stuff. I'm so excited and optimistic but now that the date is set the nerves have creeped in! I've never had any kind of surgery or been under anesthesia so I'm a little worried.

Good luck to us all!

Virginia:tea:

:high5: :banana

:) :mad:

Welcome hlayne, Mommakitty3, and vcarozzolo!!! I will add you to our list!

Sara, Glad to hear everything went well yesterday. April is not that far away! I keep thinking...my goodness, we're almost half-way through February already! Time is flying!

Happy Sunday everyone! Sara that sounds like a plan.. :mad:

I'm so excited for everyone that is starting their liquid diets! That means you all are getting close!

I am a first timer and need help on how to move around in this program. I don't understand what a thread is. Please help me. I sure enjoy reading everyone's replies and the advise everyone has. I go for my first meeting on 23 Feb 07. Do you know if I should go ahead and make my appointment with the Physc and nutritionist before the first appointment? :mad:

Hi cngenga,

I'll try to explain what a thread is. While reading posts (sounds like you've already been doing that) you can scroll to the top of the page and the name of the thread is in bold letters. For instance, the name of this thread is call March 2007 Bandsters. On the main page you will find tons of threads. The first post is from the person who starts the thread with a question or comment and the posts that follow are usually from those responding to the original post. I hope that makes sense.

As far as making appts, I'm not quite sure. I had my psych eval and appt w/ nutritionist after my initial visit. All of my appts were set up through my surgeon. I saw the psychologist right in the hospital, while some have to find a psychologist on their own. My process is little different from most so maybe someone else will be able to answer that question for you.

Good Luck to You!

Hi all - March 5 is coming fast - I can't believe the emotions I'm going through. Yesterday I was feeling frightened and a little depressed about the upcomming surgery. Now today I am extremely excited! I had my DH take before pics, and I was studying those for a while - trying to imagine myself 20, 40, 60 lbs thinner and now I'm feeling thrilled with my decision.

I noticed that some of you are going through some major pre-op testing. The only things my Dr. ordered are EKG and blood tests. I wonder if I should be asking for more testing??? I have a bit of concern that my Dr. has only done 60 lap band procedures - but he has also done over 800 RNY procedures laproscopically. I really don't have a choice as he's the nearest Dr. What type of experience do some of your Dr's have?

I'm doing a one week pre-op diet of high Protein liquids. That starts in 2 weeks! I'll be using low-carb slim fast and medifast. I like the variety of medifast - they have various Soups, puddings, Fruit Drinks, and Hot Drinks. Shouldn't make the liquid phase too terrible. Have any of you asked about diet pills during the liquid phase? I might - just in case.

Hi all - March 5 is coming fast - I can't believe the emotions I'm going through. Yesterday I was feeling frightened and a little depressed about the upcomming surgery. Now today I am extremely excited! I had my DH take before pics, and I was studying those for a while - trying to imagine myself 20, 40, 60 lbs thinner and now I'm feeling thrilled with my decision.

Hi Sophie,

I'm going in on March 2nd and my emotions are all over the place too. I guess it's probably normal to be a little apprehensive.

I noticed that some of you are going through some major pre-op testing. The only things my Dr. ordered are EKG and blood tests. I wonder if I should be asking for more testing??? I have a bit of concern that my Dr. has only done 60 lap band procedures - but he has also done over 800 RNY procedures laproscopically. I really don't have a choice as he's the nearest Dr. What type of experience do some of your Dr's have?

I'm doing a one week pre-op diet of high Protein liquids. That starts in 2 weeks! I'll be using low-carb slim fast and medifast. I like the variety of medifast - they have various Soups, puddings, fruit drinks, and hot drinks. Shouldn't make the liquid phase too terrible. Have any of you asked about diet pills during the liquid phase? I might - just in case.

I wouldn't worry about the pre-op testing. Pre-op testing probably varies from surgeon to surgeon just like the pre-op diet does. Also, some surgeons may order more testing for those with a history of medical problems. I don't have any co-morbities or any other medical problems, but I have to have several tests before surgery so I am assuming my surgeon makes all of his patients have the same testing done. My surgeon has asked me if I snore several times and I keep telling him no. I guess he doesn't believe me because I have to have a sleep study anyways.

My surgeon is fairly new at laproscopic banding as well...he started in April. When I attended the seminar in November he had performed 50 Lapband surgeries. That number has probably doubled now because the pre-op group support meetings I attend are packed and the post-op group that meets right after us are just as full (we are all his patients). I am very comfortable with him performing my surgery.

I am actually thinking about taking an appetite suppressant to get me through the pre-op diet and maybe even after surgery to help until I get proper restriction. I have been reluctant to ask my surgeon about this. I am afraid he might think I am a wimp. I am going to ask to make sure it won't hurt anything.

My emotions are all over the place too. Since it's 11pm on a Sunday and I am not asleep yet. Hang in there everyone and we will move on through this.

It helped me to think today about the why's and the future and what major surgeries/illnesses I have previously experienced. Figured if I could make it thorugh those this will be managable too:biggrin1:

You guys are so right. I keep reading everything I can. I am a self pay via

a personal loan. My husband and I are going to DR Aceves in Mexico, So thats even more anxiety. It always helps to read about people with the same thoughts. I am going to do a low carb/fat diet as instructed by the doctor. I had lost 60 lbs on weight watchers/ last year then gained 15 back so thats when I decided uh oh. here goes the yo yo again.

BMI 41

322/280/168

Welcome chatgirl6!!!

Am I the only one that has to do 2 full weeks of liquids before surgery?!?! :faint:

No I have two full weeks of liquids...

I was supposed to have a phone apointment with the nutritionist on thursday but she never called... So I will call and see what happened. Maybe I was supposed to be the one who called? I don't know. And then this thursday I see my neurologist about sleep stuff. I'm excited about that, I hope she puts me on something that will really help with my sleep issues (I'm narcoleptic, have PLMD, lack of REM paralysis, other odd sleep problems), they have been worse than usual this week. And I have been keeping the surgeon's office updated on them-- I don't think they get many narcoleptics or anyting, but they said it shouldn't be a problem at all. And the one med I am most interested in (xyrem) is actually liquid, so if i did get put on that I wouldn't have to worry about another pill at least... Of course what ever meds I do or don't get put on for the sleep stuff is up to my neurologist. I have no idea...

I'm definitely getting more excited as my date aproaches. I don't think I will need too much preop testing done as I have so much testing done recently anyway because of my other health issues. I mean I have had three sleep studies in the past six months, one EEG, one MRI, too many blood tests to count, peed in lots of cups, etc. What else could they possibly want to test for?

My Doctor told me to be on a low carb for one week before, but I am going to start at the beginning of March for a total of three weeks. I found it very interesting the whole reason why. My husband doesnt have to diet before though because his bmi is 37. So he better not be eating all that junk around me. lol:rolleyes:

weight.png