Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Thanks everyone!!!!

I don't know... heck I'm editing lists in both the February and March threads... I'm pretty bummed about the April date but trying get over it....

I think I'm going to start a serious Low Carb diet and set a goal of losing 25 lbs before surgery so that I can have a head start on Spring.. and I may start a new thread for it.... There is the chance that I could move up the date by a cancellation.. BUT I do payroll every other week, and my boss has both a big vacation and his daughters wedding coming up.. so the dates I could actually be off are slim (since my doc only does them on Tuesdays and Thursdays)

I'm looking on the bright side here.......... I have a date, and I have insurance approval.. and I'm really getting this done... and it is BEFORE summer..... I really thought I would be a March bandster but had hoped for February.... anyway I'm rambling.....

If anyone wants to take over the editing of the list please feel free to do so, just copy my latest list and then paste into a new message....

Then go edit that actual message daily.. (its pretty cool that this board lets you constantly update your prior messages)

I will lurk and post here too.. :)

Well, since I'm the obsessive one that's on here every day I can keep track of the list. I'll post an updated list very soon.

Tracy, we need your encouragement and kind words here so you have to stick around!

Well, since I'm the obsessive one that's on here every day I can keep track of the list. I'll post an updated list very soon.

Tracy, we need your encouragement and kind words here so you have to stick around!

ROFL!!!! I would NOT say your obsessive..because then I would have to say that I AM TOO! :)

March Bandster Babes!

This is the list that I will be keeping up to date for us.. PM me if you want to be added or just post a message on the end of this thread....

HERE WE GO........... Current as of 02/16

CarolynB - 03/01

dec0578 - 03/01

hlayne - 03/02

Mommakitty3 - 03/02

wilma - 03/02

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05 @ 9:00 a.m.

Fur Ellie - 03/05

Magnolia - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

HeatherPA - 03/07

Sugarbear - 03/07

bronnie70 - 03/09

Mommy202 - 03/12 in spirit:girl_hug:

Hotpink Bubbles 03/13

Kyethra - 03/14

TammyJ - 03/15

Machele - 03/16

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

CrazyCran - 03/21

Mrs Husker - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

chatgirl6 - 03/22

tootsiepop - pending

slikchik10 - pending

alaverde - pending

ClickerSister - pending

Reesh - pending for early March

Sara Mos - Bumped to early April

ginabobeana - pending

mdicurn - pending

Laurend - pending

SusaninKC - pending

TracyinKS - Bumped to April 26, 2007 (insurance approved 1/30!)

Congratulations to Tracy and Mrs Husker!! I am so excited, I go and see the consultant tomorrow at 10.15 for my first visit, I spoke to my mum and Dad today and said that I should get a rough idea of when my op will be, my mum had'nt told my dad, and he was a bit shocked though...

Anyway Im organising a special trip out with them to a nice resturant with my hubby and girls in a month or so, I cant seem to stop thinking about food at the moment, and realising that I wont be able to eat a lot of foods again!!

Keep smiling :)

Sara x

Sara

I am in the same boat at you in regards to thinking about food. It's not so much what I might not be able to eat, it is the amount. I love a big steak, 16-24 oz or better. I don't snack alot, but I am an overeater big time. I just have to remember that I will be enjoying each bite of my food longer because I will be chewing each bite like 100 times. LOL

Well have to start my pre-op diet on Monday. After all the trouble I have had to get here I am still a bit nervous. I just keep telling myself that it is the fear of the unknown. I don't know what life is like when you have a normal relationship with food. I have been eating my self silly this week and each time I realize it's not making me feel any less nervous.

I think this is good!! I:nervous maybe?!

Anyway Tracyinks congrats on your appt!!!! I have been checking back daily to see when you got it. Sorry :think you won't be a Marcher but at least you are set and ins is covering. I will lurk around inthe April thread and see how you are doing. Hang in there Arpil will be here before you know it.

Also, my principal was very supportive about my needing the 5 days off. She did'nt even ask what the surgery was for. She was very positive about the whole thing and I have a former teacher subbing for me that week and my preop appt. days so it should all be good.

Wow there are alot of us being banded on March 5th. :clap2: Must be a good day for banding.;)

Also thanks to Tammy for keeping up our list:clap2: !!!!!

Glogirl,

Good Luck during your pre-op diet! I am really nervous about the pre-op diet and how I'm going to make it through it. ;) I think you will be the first to start the liquid diet so please let us know how it's going. :gluck:

Morning gals! I faced the scale today so that I would get my butt in gear and work on those 25 lbs.......... 267 I am almost at my highest pregnacy weight....... ;) but on the bright side I have started the day out in a low carb way!

I am scared to death of the liquid diet.... crazy as it sounds... I'm one of those... (If I can't chew it, it ain't food!)

Well my pre op diet if I start it Monday does not have to be a liquid. Thank You Lord!!:clap2:

Seriously I could not do liquids only for that long.

No my doc has me on a diet of Proteins, (meat, fish, poultry), skim milk, and vegetables (excluding peas corn and potatoes)

Absolutely no starches, no fruit, no sugar, :rolleyes

I just keep telling myself at least it's not total liquids:biggrin1: :paranoid :biggrin1:

My daughter is home from college just for the weekend so that will keep my mind off of it. And she is coming home for spring break and that's the week of my surgery. So I will have her to encourage me. She is really good at that. She is so terrific.;):lever:

Hi All!

I went to see the consultant today, he said that I am suitable for surgery, and that it will be booked in for the 1st week of April (he said he was away for the last week of March, when I suggested a date in March). I asked how many ops he'd done, the success rate, complications etc. He went through both op types (banding & gastric bypass) I listened to both, but have opted for the banding one. My BMI is 41 and my weight is 245 the dietitian did fat monitoring and muscle monitoring too, and my muscle one is only 40 odd which should be 70 od, so that is why my metabolic rate isnt that high, she worked out alsorts of figures, but I ended up getting a bit lost. I have to do a weight loss diet for a month (its a cardiac one) Im not allowed to follow any 'diets i.e. SB: Slimfast etc I have to follow a low fat, portion controlled regime. After surgery she said Im on liquids/pured Soup etcfor 6 weeks then I get my first band fill. Was at the hospital for nearly 2 hrs this am...Ive now got to wait for my letter from the hospital, sort out the payment. He said I cant drive for the first week after and I cant go back to work until 2 weeks after the op.

So it's looking like easter week (7 weeks away!) The count down begins!! I think I need one of those weight loss ladders like you have all got (tricker factory thing)......

YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!! ;)

Sara x

Hi, can I be on your list? My surgery is March 2nd. Not sure what time, I think they are sending me some sort of packet with times for everything. I have to go on Feb 21st for psych eval, meet with the nutritionist and also the dr. I don't think he's going to put me on any kind of pre-op diet though. From talking to some of his other patients I don't guess he does that. I'm still gonna ask him about it though. I want everything to go perfectly! ;)