Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Sorry no pics to post, first of all I don't know how to do it, and I don't take many pics of myself. I do have alot of before pics none after having lost over 100 lbs.:omg: Anywayz here are some nsv off the top of my head. This is from going from over 400 lbs to 297. I still have a ways to go.

face is not fat anymore

no double chin

I look younger and prettier

went from a sz 34w to 24w (for now)

more confident

better outlook for my future that I will succeed

shoe sz 11w to 9w (so far)

wedding ring falls off (I wear a sz 7 gold band in front of my sz 11 ring)

clothes too big

some people don't recognize me from 1st glance

I get more attention

Get hit on by men and women:eek:

I take care of myself better

I pay more attention to my hair and makeup

Just paid 2,500 for a great smile:biggrin1: I feel I'm worth it now.

That's just from the top of my head!!

Hi All!

Please add me to the list. I have my next appointment on February 16, and hope to be banded by the end of March. I have been on a pre-op diet since December 12th and have lost about 15 pounds, but I seem to be stuck there.

That has been my story for the last couple of years. I lose a little bit of weight, stop losing, get depressed and gain it all back plus 10 pounds! I have had all my pre-op stuff done except the sleep study. I have PCOS, and a fatty liver, but no hypertension or diabetes or sleep apnea to my knowledge. I am worried that I will not be approved. :cry

My biggest concern is that I will gert a date, take the time off, then be denied. I have to have my schedule for April in by Feb 19th! *sigh*

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed!

Jen

I found out my insurance has approved the procedure! Woo Hoo :clap2: I talked to the nurse today, and they will be sending the orders for ekg and blood tests. I am thrilled! Will start liquid diet 2/26 - I'm going to try to be good until then and avoid the "last meal" syndrome. Had Low Carb slim fast for Breakfast (that stuff isn't too bad) and South Beach Diet dinner for lunch. My challenge will be to be good for tonight - I always want to overeat at night after work.

Tann, Thanks for the inspiration! Your accomplishments are both amazing and encouraging.

Welcome everyone!

Hi All!

Please add me to the list. I have my next appointment on February 16, and hope to be banded by the end of March. I have been on a pre-op diet since December 12th and have lost about 15 pounds, but I seem to be stuck there.

That has been my story for the last couple of years. I lose a little bit of weight, stop losing, get depressed and gain it all back plus 10 pounds! I have had all my pre-op stuff done except the sleep study. I have PCOS, and a fatty liver, but no hypertension or diabetes or sleep apnea to my knowledge. I am worried that I will not be approved. :cry

My biggest concern is that I will gert a date, take the time off, then be denied. I have to have my schedule for April in by Feb 19th! *sigh*

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed!

Jen

Great job on the pre-op weight loss. Your story about losing a little then gaining back +10 is my exact story - only for 17 yrs. Good luck on the insurance approval!!!

Update

I am still waiting for my Doctor to call me. I was out of the office most of yesterday but it doesn't look like he called. On a very positive note, I truly believe I am getting control of the purging. Yesterday I went to a supper meeting and had filet mignon and all the sides. Then I had a piece of desert. It crossed my mind that I could go home after and purge but then I decided to see if I could go home and NOT purge. Even though I felt the usual regrets for having eaten too many calories I controlled the "urge to purge"!!! Yeah me! I'll update once my Doctor finally calles me.

March 2007 is gonna be a great month for us all!!!

I got the date, a real date :-)

March 7!!!

I'm so excited I can't stop thinking about it!!!!!

Congrats:clap2: That's a great day to be banded, it was my date last year.

I haven't heard anything from my band dr., but he did say it would probably 2 weeks before I hear anything from. And it has only been a week--even though it seems longer. But I have started to see my regular dr. just in case I have to do my pre-op supervised by a dr. for a year. My husband and thought it was better to be safe then sorry.

Mommy202: I hope you hear from your doc soon!

I got GREAT NEWS TODAY.. BCBS has approved me, now I just have to wait for scheduling to call me!!!!!!!!! This is becoming a reality..

HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON!

I just got approved the other day and then I just scheduled today.

I'm getting banded on March 14. Its the week before spring break, so I am going to miss one class (surgery is an awesome excuse though) and then I will have an extra week off. I start the liquid diet on the 28th of February.

March is going to be an anxious month for me. I should also find out in March if I got into a couple of grad schools I applied to. So I am keeping my fingers crossed real tight...

The more I think about the more I feel this is the right decision for me. I want to be healthier! I want more energy! I want it to be easier to move! I got sick when I was 20- I had this wierd virus or something that did a hit and run to my immune system and after that I was run down and always getting colds and stuff and then a couple of months after that I got an ovarian cyst that left me very very ill (abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, hair falling out, increased weakness, etc). The cyst grew for a couple of months and then when it ruptered it caused a problem with a nerve ending in my abdominal wall. I have an entrapped nerve ending meaning the nerve ending is constantly irriated and its a constant source of pain despite injections and so forth. I am very fortunately in that the lidocaine patch helps immensly. And no one could figure all this out for months, I had to go up to mayo, I ended up with Fibromyalgia.

After that the weight started stacking up. And around my 21st birthday I developed narcolepsy. People like to tell me I have a strange medical history. I also now have sleep apnea. My blood pressure is high. the last time I looked at my medical records I noticed my blood sugar looked on the high side. That needs to be stopped.

I've had numerous docs tell me to lose weight (I love it when a new doc explains that I should cut my calories and start exercising. Gosh if I only knew it was so simple...) and it can really help with the abdominal wall nerve issue. I want to be healthier!

I realise there is a chance something could go wrong and this could become a nightmare. But I think I will regret not having the surgery more than I will regret having it. I have a very supportive husband. He loves me no matter what I weigh or eat. But I want both of us to be able to have a healthier lifestyle. And part of that is just being healthier.

my lapband dr. called me today around 2:30pm and told me that he had spoken to my insurance and because of medical necisitty I should have no problem getting approved. So now I just have do my diet class and pys evaluation and then he puts everything through to the insurance. so he said I should have it by March. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: can you tell I am excited

Yea!!!! Ive been keeping you on my mind and checking back to see if you had been approved. :confused: You're gonna be a March girl!!!

On another note I think I have hit the last supper syndrome.

I am supposed to start my pre-op diet on Feb 10th.

also I am set for taking the time off now just have to tell my principal:rolleyes: hope they take it well since I have to be out of the classroom for 5 days.:phanvan

Glogirl: Well that's what SUBS are for!

I've been on the farewell to food tour for the last month and I can sure tell! (NOT GOOD) My final meal will be at a local Italian Place that has THE BEST bread/oil combo....

Hi all,

I have the same weight loss yo-yo story everyone else does here, but I am a healthy fat girl... I am 5'4" with a BMI of 47. I don't know what my "ideal" weight would be, since I have never been there. My goal is 150 pounds and maybe a size 12. I could shop in the normal clothes shops!! :clap2:

I have been researching the lap-band for several months in the back of my mind, then I went to my first seminar in Nov. at my husband's insistance. I was denied from my insurance right off. I was told it was an exclusion from my employer and it would still be denied if I appealed it. So, I started looking for a way to self-pay. I am going to a doctor in Colorado that is priced almost as low as going to Mexico.

My surgery date is March 16, which is the Friday before my Spring break, so I will have a week to recover as well. I have not told anyone at school that I am having this surgery. I have also chosen not to tell anyone in my family besides my husband. I feel my family would not be very supportive, since the last time I was seriously dieting, my mother made 2 pies and brought them to my house, then left the leftovers for me. :confused: There is a lot of criticim of my weight, but not a lot of understanding of the struggles I have gone through.

I have my consultation with the dietician and the doctor on Feb. 19th and am supposed to start my pre-op diet on March 1st. I am excited, but also experiencing some hesitations as well. I think my main problems with eating is Portion Control and how quickly I eat. I am concerned about things getting stuck, even small things like asprins!:phanvan

I have been reading everything I can get a hold of about the surgery and what to expect after surgery. The best book I have found is called "Lap-Band for Life". It has a lot of tips and suggestions and has answered a lot of my questions.

Sorry about writing a book! I guess that's my story and I' stickin' to it! :P