Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating pre-op

I'm post-op now, but my pre-op diet was:

2 Protein shakes

2 Protein Bars

dinner

dinner was:

5 oz of lean Protein

1 - 3 cups veggies

1 serving of healthy fat

Pre-op diet was 2 weeks. Last day was liquids only (protein shakes).

I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks pre-op. I didn't start any special diet until the required start date. :-)

My 12 week pre-op diet started on August 14th. 60 grams lean Protein. Eat the protein first. No more than 2 small servings of fruit (I was a major fruitaholic). 1100 calories. Track nutritional values on myfitnesspal.com so that the Nutritionist could monitor my progress. No bread, limited starchy veggies. Eat more Beans. Last week on my follow-up visit I was told to start substituting one meal a day with a Protein Shake. So far I have lost 17 pounds. I also have to exercise 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes. My surgery should be mid-November.

Those are just the guidelines my NUT gave me while we were discussing my eating habits and triggers. I did not hear her give it a name. Obviously it is working for me. I am trying so hard to follow her instructions. I am so glad I am retired. This is a full time job just getting through the program. let alone what's coming post-op.

Chantel did you use regular Protein Powder and add things to it? I normally make my shake/smoothie with greek yogurt fruit, nf milk and ice...i am 1 month away from surgery and my doctor said i have to lose 10 pounds....if this were only the dreaded "last 10 pounds" LOL anyhoo, i am on south beach right now but i may need to accelerate come next week..thanks for your input...

Chantel did you use regular Protein powder and add things to it? I normally make my shake/smoothie with greek yogurt fruit, nf milk and ice...i am 1 month away from surgery and my doctor said i have to lose 10 pounds....if this were only the dreaded "last 10 pounds" LOL anyhoo, i am on south beach right now but i may need to accelerate come next week..thanks for your input...

I am doing my 7 day pre op which consists of 3-4 Protein Shakes, sugar free popsicles and Jello. Just completing day 2 and not sure how I'm going to make it all the way. Definitely going to be challenging.

I am doing my 7 day pre op which consists of 3-4 Protein Shakes, sugar free popsicles and Jello. Just completing day 2 and not sure how I'm going to make it all the way. Definitely going to be challenging.

Dying here as well. My little cousin is here munching on goldfish and my brain is like EAT SOME it won't hurt. I've done the shakes and stuff though but it's just day 2 and my taste buds need a twist lol

My surgeon has me on 4 days of modified liquids pre-op. sugar-free yogurt/pudding/ice pops, watery cream of wheat or rice, and broth. I am tolerating it only by having egg drop Soup for dinner (extra protein! lol). Only one more day of this to go and surgery is on Wednesday (10/16) and at least then, my hunger pains will be gone. lol Funny thing is, I usually fast 7-10 days once a year to clean my system out and water-only fasting is easier than this modified liquid business is! :P