Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

got my paperwork sent in.

Still waiting. The doctors office didn't send everything. Gonna be another 5 days before I know anything. Very frustrating. The lady did tell me today once they get the letter. I shouldn't have any problems. ..m

That sounds hopeful!

I will be submitting to the insurance Company (Cigna) tomorrow and I have been on edge. In a few months this anxiety will be a blur for both of us :)

Sonya I cant wait. I have been large as far as I can remember. I am ready to get my life back. Good luck. Keep us informed. I will do the samem..

Ugh - my biggest fear is that my insurance coordinator doesn't submit everything the first time. I've already been having "issues" with them. here is a thought... you are an INSURANCE COORDINATOR... why don't you at least do the job you were hired for correctly??? Good luck to you!!!

Ugh - my biggest fear is that my insurance coordinator doesn't submit everything the first time. I've already been having "issues" with them. here is a thought... you are an INSURANCE COORDINATOR... why don't you at least do the job you were hired for correctly??? Good luck to you!!!

Funny you should say that, Lou. I called my insurance to check on the progress and was told they have no record of it. Called the surgeon and is still sitting on the coordinators desk! She hadnt submitted it yet.

Funny you should say that, Lou. I called my insurance to check on the progress and was told they have no record of it. Called the surgeon and is still sitting on the coordinators desk! She hadnt submitted it yet.

120% unacceptable. We jump through a thousand hoops to have this surgery. I have gone to at least 15 doctor appointments in the past two months and I know a lot of others have been doing it for much longer. They must not understand the anxiety that comes with all of this, and the need to have the surgery and start our new lives as soon as possible. It amazes me. If i was a surgeon, I'd be pissed knowing that my paycheck is still sitting on the insurance coordinators desk because she hasn't submitted paperwork to insurance.

120% unacceptable. We jump through a thousand hoops to have this surgery. I have gone to at least 15 doctor appointments in the past two months and I know a lot of others have been doing it for much longer. They must not understand the anxiety that comes with all of this' date=' and the need to have the surgery and start our new lives as soon as possible. It amazes me. If i was a surgeon, I'd be pissed knowing that my paycheck is still sitting on the insurance coordinators desk because she hasn't submitted paperwork to insurance.[/quote']

I so agree. So many people are pursuing WLS now and not many surgeons have that specialty that they feel they can take their sweet time. I turned in my paperwork yesterday and spoke with someone in the office who had the surgery 5 weeks ago so she was pulling for me. She told me she would have the other person she works with send me an email letting me know when the paperwork has been sent to Cigna. So far I haven't heard anything but will wait until tomorrow and follow up.

I just received a phone call from my coordinator. They are putting me on the schedule for surgery for 10/31. this is a tentative date pending insurance approval.

now I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach! I've been jumping through hoops since july and now that I am this <> close, I'm feeling sick!

How warped is that?????

I just received a phone call from my coordinator. They are putting me on the schedule for surgery for 10/31. this is a tentative date pending insurance approval.

now I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach! I've been jumping through hoops since july and now that I am this <> close' date=' I'm feeling sick!

How warped is that?????[/quote']

I know, me too. I have a tentative surgery date of nov. 19th and I've been working on this since June. Doing my sleep study tonight, then it will take 10 business days to process. Why does this have to be so difficult? Why do they have a criteria if they are not going to use it? The approval process seem to be more random then anything. Some people get approved by aetna then another person with the same stats get denied? Soooo frustrated and anxious.

now I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach! I've been jumping through hoops since july and now that I am this <> close, I'm feeling sick!

How warped is that?????

That is so exciting to have a date! I do understand, however, that having the date makes me feel so much more real and that is scary. As I am getting closer to my last appointment, and knowing that my surgery will likely be within the next month, I get a bit of anxiety myself. Don't worry, it's not warped, I'm pretty sure it's very normal!

Cigna is a pain in the but.....

Tell me about it. I called today to check on the status and no one has even looked at the file!!

They suck!