Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hellllllllllp..........

Hi everyone,

I NEED your help. I'm feeling very desperate right now!!!!

I was sleeved on 6/3/2013 and have lost only 35 lbs since then. I saw on this website that people who were sleeved in June have lost almost double the amount I have lost.

I don't know how to eat right. I'm eating small quantities of the same food I used to eat before surgery. I haven't changed my diet. I don't exercise. Plus I'm on some meds that make it difficult to loose weight. I'm doing EVERYTHING WRONG!!!!!!

PLZ PLZ ADVISE ME HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT AGAIN!!!!

I'm not loosing ANYMORE!!!!!

I'm a vegetarian and have hard time finding Proteins. I'm eating way TOO MANY sweets!!!!

I feel like I don't have control over myself anymore like before surgery. I'm hungry all the time or I skip meals. I'm also not following the Water rule and drink Water right after I eat.

Do I have to eat Protein at every meal??

PLZ ADVISE.......

Find a nutritionist... stop eating the sweets ...go bk to the basics

you know what you are doing wrong. (35lbs is not bad progress btw) but you have to stay the course, and stick to the program if you want to continue seeing progress. Sounds a lot like self-sabotage to me, what do you think? How is being overweight serving you? How did you used to use food that you can't anymore? I would suggest seeking the help of a bariatric psychologist, as well as an in real life bariatric support group. Just my humble opinion, take it for what its worth.

Hi everyone' date='

I was sleeved on 6/3/2013 and have lost only 35 lbs since then. I saw on this website that people who were sleeved in June have lost almost double the amount I have lost.

I don't know how to eat right. I'm eating small quantities of the same food I used to eat before surgery. I haven't changed my diet. I don't exercise. Plus I'm on some meds that make it difficult to loose weight. I'm doing EVERYTHING WRONG!!!!!!

I'm a vegetarian and have hard time finding Proteins. I'm eating way TOO MANY sweets!!!!

I feel like I don't have control over myself anymore like before surgery. I'm hungry all the time or I skip meals. I'm also not following the Water rule and drink Water right after I eat.

PLZ ADVISE.......

[/quote']

I think Protein and water are the biggest key in dropping weight.

Have you tried Quest Protein Bars? If you have a sweet tooth, these will help with that. They are awesome. 20 grams of Protein, no sugar, 1 carb and most bars are under 200 calories.

The texture reminds me of taffy or a bit o honey. I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe or HyVee. They are $2.50 a bar, but a great meal replacment!

I always eat protein first and usually to full to eat anything more. I also drink tons of crystal light. For Breakfast I still do Protein shakes.

2 weeks before surgery I was 282lbs.

Day of surgery june 24th -273lbs

Yesterday I weighed 232lbs.

So that's 51 lbs. Since surgery. I do cardio at least 2 a week for 30 minutes.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Just wanted to chime in and say hang in there! it sounds like you're making good progress, albeit not as quickly as you'd like. Think what it will be like once you get the drill down! You said you are a vegetarian, but you didn't mention vegan. So... here are some ideas. This is my meal plan (I'm almost a month out) and I get my Protein in every day:

Bkfst: Protein shake

Snack: String cheese

Lunch: 1/2 cup refried Beans with 1/8 cup lowfat shredded cheese

Snack: Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

Dinner: Depending on where I am on the Protein, I will go with 1/2 c cottage cheese or an egg over hard with 1/8 cup lowfat cheese. If I don't need the protein, I will go with Tomato Soup or butternut squash Soup (etc).

I realize this is a lot of dairy, but it is working for me

GOOD LUCK! You can do this!

Also, I meant to mention, you might try myfitnesspal.com to track. I said I would NEVER track food. Ever. But here I am tracking it - it is SO easy and it makes it SO easy to make sure I am getting my Protein in (and see where I am on calories).

A friend said this to me when I mentioned the desire to go back to my old habits...and I quote..."are you crazy?? You just had major surgery to cut out your stomach! Really??? You had your stomach CUT OUT cuz you eat too much...and you might do what?? Seriously??? Don't you have like a bunch of titanium staples inside you right now??? That just doesn't make any sense!!!! Sheeeesh!!! Suffice it to say, I chose the sugar free Water ice instead of the large mango gelati and cheese pretzel!! Hope this helps!!! :-/

Also' date=' I meant to mention, you might try myfitnesspal.com to track. I said I would NEVER track food. Ever. But here I am tracking it - it is SO easy and it makes it SO easy to make sure I am getting my Protein in (and see where I am on calories).[/quote']

I agree. I don't think I could make without myfitnesspal. It has become such a part of my routine. It holds me accountable & I'm not just guessing or depending on my memory (which seems to slip when I indulge in some chips or cookies--- no idea why that would happen?!?!?!?!)

But it really keeps me focused on getting the Protein I need & keep everything else where it's supposed to be (most of the time!!!)

Btw, I think u are doing great. Many of us are SLOW losers (my self included) but the thing is WE ARE LOSING!!!

I had to increase my calories & protein & Water to get me scale moving

You can do this!!!

Νοτ all people lose at the same rate. Other people's stats are there for encouragement not to freak you out. I l ost quite a bit of weight the first month but i started out at a VERY high number and that does make a difference. No two people are same. However you know you shouldn't be eating sweets. Haven't you had your first post-op yet? Your NUT will tell you what the right food for you is. What mine told me was that i could eat basically anything except sugar. i am allowed one dessert per week. i should eat very small quantities every 2 hours and Protein at every meal. I never took the shakes. I get my protein from yogurt, low-fat cheese, fish and nuts Make sure you get lots of liquids and if you cant exercise try to at least walk. Hang in there, you WILL lose the weight. 35pounds is not a small amount especially for someone who's been "cheating".

Hi everyone,

PLZ ADVISE.......

I completely identify with this. I'm pre-op but I worry about not knowing what to eat when I can eat real foods again because I was never taught what is good to eat and what is bad for you. I grew up eating whatever frozen crap my mom wasn't too tired to throw in the oven and I never really developed good habits or learned what is really healthy.

So, I plan to see a nutritionist. There are nutritionists/dietitians that will help you develop menus and grocery lists and give you recipes for healthy things. Some will even go to the grocery store with you and point out what to avoid and teach you how to read the labels on food! You should do an internet search and see if there's someone like this around. If you don't have the money to spend, you might be able to contact your local community college or university Health Science program and let them know you're looking to hire a junior, senior or grad student. This is great to help them build their resume and you can pay them like $20 for a couple hours consultation.

You can do this! You CAN! Basics: Go carb free (see Atkins diet stuff online for ideas about how)! Protein first! Don't drink anything sugary (stick to water)!

I'm rooting for you!

Ok, let's start like this:

1) STOP the bad things (you obviously know what they are)

2) start the good things (Protein, Water, exercise)

3) FORGIVE yourself and move on!

And YES, follow the rules... ALL the rules.

Like everyone said... You know what your doing wrong... Stop it and get control over yourself. Not being mean just blunt :-/ , you have a tool that will help you if you let it.... Get in to see a nutritionist ASAP. Maybe they can give good food ideas. Leave the sweets and carbs alone they sound like a trigger for you.

Relax...Calm down!!! You know exactly what your doing wrong...thats awesome for start... dont beat yourself up but stop the self sabotage !!! Get in control...

1. Get the sweets/other crap out of the house.

2. Join MFP...works wonders ...trust me!!

3. Stock up the fridge with Proteins and carbs. Like some1 said Quest bars are amazing.

4. You are incharge ... act like it !!

Goodluck :)

p.s. i am a slow loser too...its frustrating at times but its still so much better than not losing at all :) Cheers to you :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

i meant healthy carbs...like veggies n fruits :P ... lol funny how i managed to skip the "healthy" word :P :P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST