Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A lot less insulation

Here in Eastern Canada fall has started hard and crisp. I used to love the fall it was my favorite time of year because of the colors changing and I was no longer uncomfortable from the heat!

Well now that some of my mass is gone I am cold..I mean freezing all the time...And I can't get warm....What up with that...

Feels so new to me, and I used to laugh at my hubby as he bundled up in so many sweaters and blankets as I kept the windows open even in the winter......oops...

Now I think it is impossible to get warm...What will winter be like here for me when it is blistering cold and the winds howl?

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

That happened to me when I lost a ton of weight 10 years ago. Always cold. I took lots of hot baths and always wore socks.

I'm with you!!! I was never cold before and now I'm freezing all the time. I live in the midwest so I'm sure it's not as cold as Canada, but it's starting to get chilliy in the mornings. Even over the summer, I would get cold at night or in the AC. So odd to me! My husband is overweight and he always wants the windows open, ha:) My issue is that I have fibromyagia and when I get too cold, I get severe muscle aches. So I really have to watch that.

I know what u mean! Even with only one third of my goal down I notice I am not so warm all the time. My hubs and I have switched roles with the thermostat. I'm constantly turning the AC so it clicks off and he keeps turning it back on. Lol

I loved this part of the surgery.....the cold was a pain but so much nicer than the heat. Now I'm pretty much back to normal and not cold like before. So it does go back to the status quo......I love my windows being open and the fresh air coming in and a lot of blankets to keep me warm..... :P

I loved this part of the surgery.....the cold was a pain but so much nicer than the heat. Now I'm pretty much back to normal and not cold like before. So it does go back to the status quo......I love my windows being open and the fresh air coming in and a lot of blankets to keep me warm..... :P

Sure hope your right! i used to tell him that I would rather freeze to death then boil to death...Now I am not so sure anymore.... :wub:

I went through this when I lost 50 lbs with the band. Lots of wool socks, wool hats and layers of fleece or wool. Everyone forgot what my hair looked like that first winter because I wore a wool hat all the time. Morning or night, inside and out. I got a down coat from LLBean last year and its pure heaven! Why did I wait so long to try down.

Now I'm sleeved and losing more weight. I feel like a Stark from Game of Thrones. I keep pulling out wool and fleece. I have started knitting thicker wool socks and hats, and mumbling the Stark motto, "Winter is coming, winter is coming".

Cuddle Duds! They are the best long underwear ever! So soft and easy to wear under anything! I will be stocking up on them in a much smaller size the winter and I live in Texas so our winters are baby winters compared to yours!

Oh, and my new best friend last winter was a heated throw!

I went through this when I lost 50 lbs with the band. Lots of wool socks, wool hats and layers of fleece or wool. Everyone forgot what my hair looked like that first winter because I wore a wool hat all the time. Morning or night, inside and out. I got a down coat from LLBean last year and its pure heaven! Why did I wait so long to try down.

Now I'm sleeved and losing more weight. I feel like a Stark from Game of Thrones. I keep pulling out wool and fleece. I have started knitting thicker wool socks and hats, and mumbling the Stark motto, "Winter is coming, winter is coming".

LOL..Thanks...I will have to get my needles out!

Cuddle Duds! They are the best long underwear ever! So soft and easy to wear under anything! I will be stocking up on them in a much smaller size the winter and I live in Texas so our winters are baby winters compared to yours!

Oh, and my new best friend last winter was a heated throw!

Cuddle duds! Will look them up...something has to help me..I can't stay under the covers all winter...lol

I AM SO COLD ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!. I live in central Alabama so our summer this year was not extremely hot although the humidity was bad. I cannot stand for any element of cold air to blow on my skin. I am stocking up on the cuddl duds and use the heck out of my heated throw. But in all honesty, I am14.5 months post op and I am miserable. I could not wear all the cute summer clothes I bought because of this. we went to the beach in July and sitting in the sun on a warm sunny day felt like pure bliss to me. I hate this and really hope it will resolve itself. I look like freak wearing winter sweaters and leggings under my pants. Please pray for me. I have lost all the weight I needed to but I cannot live with this cold intolerance. it certainly has not gotten better over the summer months.....it has gotten worse if anything. I am so tired ALL the time. I can sleep 8 to 10 hrs and still do not feel refreshed. Most days I come home and take at least an hour nap after work.

seeing an endocrinologist in a few weeks to get a complete work up on my thyroid because I do have an under active thyroid and take thyroid medicine for it. last check up I was slightly anemic....so I take Iron. I take a women's multi Vitamin, Calcium with extra d, sublingual B12, and Biotin on top of regular medication.