Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cannot for the life of me drink more than an ounce a day of my Protein Shakes i'm not sure if it's because they are too creamy or because i drank them pre-op and now my body just doesn't want it but i need ideas on how i can get some Protein in at 5 days post-op i feel extremely tired i get fatigued over anything and feel dizzy i can drink sips of Water throughout the day and have ice chips, and some orange crystal light witch i ♥ and can tolerate just fine, but i need protein, would i be able to put flavorless Protein Powder in my crystal light water? Please help i need ideas, also my potassium was very low after surgery so thats another concern i have what can i take for that at 5 days out? Any homemade smoothies or shake ideas would be greatly appreciated =)

I stopped drinking sweet Protein drinks almost as soon as I started.

Unflavored Protein mixed with broth or Soup. WAY better than the nasty sweet stuff.

Yes, you can put flavorless Protein powder in your drinks. My friend does that in her coffee when she wants a treat and she will be getting SOMETHING good out of it. heh. (don't drink coffee yet unless your surgeon clears you)

You could also try different flavors of Protein shakes. Each consistency is different and you can get free samples or buy individual servings at a time so you don't waste your money buying in bulk.

When you get about 2 weeks out and/or your surgeon clears you for thicker liquids you can try smoothies with almond milk unsweetened. You can also have yogurt. Some have higher Protein without the extra cals/carbs/etc.

tip: recently I got crystal lite lemonade and I crushed ice in my magic bullet (or any blender, etc) then poured crystal lite in it. I added a strawberry (which you can't do yet) but it's such a treat even without the berry. It's like a slushee or a snow cone. It's yummy. :3

You might like the unjury chicken Protein powder.

Pre-op, I liked chocolate Protein powder but post-op, I preferred vanilla. I mixed it with Starbucks Decaf instant coffee, and half Water, half soy milk.

Many people like Isopure. I didn't, but you should try it. It's clear and comes in many fruit flavors.

It's very important to find a protein you will drink. Protein is key for post-op healing,.

Lynda

The unflavored Protein was my life saver post-op. I used the Unjury, although I understand the Isopure at GNC is also good. I mixed it with Jello, Crystal Light, broth and pureed Soup. I get tired of the sweetness and aftertaste in the shakes. I also ate (still eat) a lot of Plain Greek Yogurt that I add stevia and vanilla extract. You can also use the Mio or any of the squirt Water enhancers to flavor the yogurt. One cup is 21 grams of protein. I was amazed how much my taste buds changed after surgery and what went down easily pre-op just didn't have the same appeal post-op. The Unjury chicken soup (broth like) was also great. With the variety of tastes I'm able to get my 60 grams of protein in per day.

Maybe it's just too early for you? Your surgeon's program is obviously different but I had surgery this past Tuesday and I am not allowed to start Protein Shakes or even Vitamins until Wednesday, so 1 week post-op. So for now, Water, apple juice, gatorade, broth!

Maybe it's just too early for you? Your surgeon's program is obviously different but I had surgery this past Tuesday and I am not allowed to start Protein shakes or even Vitamins until Wednesday' date=' so 1 week post-op. So for now, Water, apple juice, gatorade, broth![/quote']

I was advanced to stage 2 of my diet on day 2 post-op i had a hard time with Water right after surgery but that got better especially if its flavored water, so i'm on broth witch feels great when i have it get full pretty quick though, and orange crystal light and water thats it for me right now of and my Vitamins.< /p>

I don't know what your physician has recommended but I'm post op day 4 and yogurt is working for me. I'm having small servings of a Greek Vanilla yogurt plus I use Unjury no flavor powder in broth. Good luck and hang in there.

Thanks everyone i reaaaaally appreciate the help i was getting really worried because i have no Protein intake pretty much but now i have some ideas so thank you i am definately gonna try the chicken broth from Unjury and the non flavored protein powder with the drinks i already have now hopefully that helps

I don't know what your physician has recommended but I'm post op day 4 and yogurt is working for me. I'm having small servings of a Greek Vanilla yogurt plus I use unjury no flavor powder in broth. Good luck and hang in there.

I was told only Clear liquids, like broth, sf Jello, crystal light and the shakes of course but shakes are a no go for me right now atleast ....thanks mindriots420 i should probably ask about the yogurts

I hope they let you try them it's a nice break from the shakes.< /p>

herbalife makes a great drink mix that has 30 gm Protein for 8 oz Water. it tastes pretty good. they have wild berry and peach mango. i ordered them on Amazon.< /p>