Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Job Sucks! Sorry to vent

I've been with the same company over 8 years. They brought in a new manager which may I add doesn't know anything about the business and only got the job because he has a degree in accounting. I worked my ass off from the lowest position to one of the highest. So a few days ago this man walks in my office and tells me he doesn't see me putting an effort in my job. I'm 7 months pregnant with twins and I take on every problem that is presented to me and I did a fix. This morning he have me a write up on the conversation we had!!! I felt chest pains from the anger I felt and decided to grab some of my stuff and went in his office and told him I was going to the hospital. Anyone have any legal advice for me? I've been there 8 plus years. Never had a problem. He's been there two months and have me a write up for not putting an effort in my job for the past three months. At this point I do not want to work there anymore. Im tired. My back hurts and I'm stressed. The hospital said that I had an anxiety attack. Someone help me :( I feel hopeless.

You should start documenting EVERYTHING. Try to get your conversations in email if you can, so it's permanent. Keep a log of all of your interactions with management. When he says you're not performing to expectations, tell him you'd like his issues specifically in writing including examples. If you end up needing to sue, you'll need this information. It sounds like you're getting pushed out. Do you have your FMLA in place for when you have the babies? If not, you should get that squared away immediately so your job is protected when you go on leave.

I hate when this bs happens, I have 3 degrees and my job won't even give me the promotion yet I'm allowed to apply every time so far been denied 3 times. If the 4th time I'm denied there won't be another. My current and past supervisors feel as if I should be a supervisor and I can't stand when people lie and act their way to the top when those that deserve it get bottomed out. I feel your pain

Put in for FMLA, and take a break come back after the birth.. You have to much on you right now. Don't let this one event stop you. Just take off for a while he can't stop that you need a break.

see a lawyer before doing anything PERMANENT.

That said, sucky job = stress = (for me) eating...

But do y'all think my doc will put me on release already? I'm going on 29 weeks barely and this supposedly manager is causing me problems. Honestly I need a new career. I'm exhausted but don't want to lose me FMLA. My job does cover that it's the least I can get after 8+ years.

I don't want to make a scene because my two other sisters work there. I don't want to jeopardize their job.

It just sucks when I put my all into it for some a*****e. :(

I don't know what state you are in but you could file a stress claim under workers comp..I'm a work comp defense attorney in California and get psyche cases all the time, but our state may have different rules. See an attorney; most give free consultations.

I don't know what state you are in but you could file a stress claim under workers comp..I'm a work comp defense attorney in California and get psyche cases all the time' date=' but our state may have different rules. See an attorney; most give free consultations.[/quote']

My doctor put me on bed rest. At this point I no longer want to go back. I think after my girls are born I'm going to look for another job less stressful. Thank you for the advice ;)