Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I will NOT miss about being fat.

So many:

1. Adding up the weight of everyone in the elevator to make sure I don't push its capacity above limit;

2. Pretending I want to stand up because I can't possibly fit in your plastic lawn chair;

3. Not eating at a function because my dress won't fit post meal;

4. Feeling the fold above my elbow hit the back of my forearm;

5. Underwear rolling down below my belly;

6. Apologizeing for my very existence at the grocery store;

7. Not being sure I am "clean" everywhere;

8. Being the person that by my presence gives everyone else permission to order dessert;

9. Being a non-threat to insecure women!

If I'm completely honest with myself MOST of these were mine too!!

Edited by rswa3319

Let's see.... I'm sure I made a list pre surgery but let's make another one now that I'm pretty much at goal. I'll compare the two later lol

1. I won't miss having to look up weight/size limits for rides at amusement parks

2. I won't miss not being able to go on the rides at the fair with my kids.

3. I won't miss having to shop at "old lady" stores for clothes in my 20s.

4. I won't miss being afraid to fly because I might encroach into someone else's seat.

And some things that I THOUGHT would change but haven't yet....

1. Being self conscious about my breathing or getting out of breath

2. Always worrying about if I'm clean or if I stink

3. Hating having to squeeze around someone and accidentally bumping them

4. Always feeling the fastest person in the room

5. Feeling my fat tummy squish out when I sit down.

1. Wearing clothes that don't fit because I refuse to buy a bigger size.

2. Being so self conscious that I lie about being cold in the summer so I don't have to take off my sweatshirt.

3. Not being able to were high calf boots because they don't fit around my calfs.

( I will be super upset if that goes out of stlye before I get thin) lol

4. Having to have my daughter do things for me all the time because it's to physically straining.

5.being so grossed out with my body I don't want to be intamate.

6. Feeling sad all the time because I'm so unhappy with my body.

7. Sneaking food when no one is looking because I'm afraid of what they will think of while watching me eat.

*i won't miss holding my breath when I tie my shoes

*getting winded going up stairs

*working a 12hr shift and not feeling like death has rolled over me

*buying clothes off a rack that are cute and age appropriate

*skiing again...

*being comfortable In a bathing suit

*being able to dance all night long with the hubs!!❤️

Not being able to were high calf boots because they don't fit around my calfs.

( I will be super upset if that goes out of stlye before I get thin) lol.

Not sure if you'd be interested now, but Avenue (the plus size store -- avenue.com) has cute wide calf boots available online, and they're reasonably priced. My calves have always been enormous, and these boots fit just fine.

Hi all:)

I won't miss having to use a shower head with a hose attached so I can wash in the crevices of my fat! And I won't miss feeling like I need another shower 15 min later because I've started sweating just getting dressed! :( I can relate to all of your posts!!! It's gonna be nice to be on the other side soon:) my surgery day is 11/19!

Wow...This is an excellent thread. I'm grateful to all of those that have posted before me. I never realized, really, until I read this that I I'm not so alone with those extremely, deep personal thoughts about my weight. I've had these similar thoughts for at least 25 years. You are all so precious for sharing. Really precious.

Some things I will not miss:

=Wondering if I'll have another heart attack because I'm morbidly obese

=Being 260 at 5'3"

=Not Taking all the various prescriptions I have take...Hopefully.

=Not being out of breath walking up the driveway to get the mail

=Not to do nothing more than walk for exercise

=Being the fat sister. You should see the yoga positions my younger sister can do! It's obscene.

I went to yoga with her ONCE. It was a hot yoga class. Thought my head would explode and I would sweat to death.

=Not being able to wear cute boots.

=Absolutely dreading the company Christmas party, but having to make an appearance.

=Dreading, crying over finding something halfway attractive to wear to said Christmas party.

=F@&ing wearing polyester! Why on Earth do they only seem to make clothes out of that crap for us?

=Feeling so damn old at 50

=Underwear rolling down

=Feeling like I could not fully be present at significant moments at my children's major events. Worried that they might be embarrassed of their fat mom. Like sons college graduation...barely any photos of us together. My kids have never said a thing to me....it's all in my head.

=Being depressed about being overweight and emotionally eating at night after my husband has gone to bed.

=High Blood Pressure

=Staging myself behind other people, or bending over the back of a chair with my chin slightly stuck out...so my face doesn't look so fat in photographs

=Always volunteering to be the photographer. I've actually gotten to be quite good in the last 25 years.

I hope someday, perhaps within the next year to be able to look back at my list and your lists....and have some or most all of these thoughts and feelings be a thing of the past. I hope to be on the other side encouraging others.

Edited by Carmen1963

Thanks.

Edited by Carmen1963

Wow! I love you all!!! So glad we have support for each other here! I want to add mine, in addition to all the others. I wont miss squeezing in & out of my college classroom desk. AND I wont miss being invisible to so many men!! I used to be a hottie!!!

This has been one of my favorite threads ever! Things I won't miss about being fat are:

1. The "pretty face" comments
  2. Needing a seatbelt extender to fly (getting one was so embarrassing that I just snuck the one they gave me off the plane and kept it to use on the DL)
  3. Always having to pay for a Business or First Class ticket because there is no way my fat ass is fitting in a coach seat
  4. Being the fattest one in my whole family, and thereby the funniest one
  5. Having my heart rate double when I climb the stairs in my house
  6. Being limited to shopping in the plus size or men's sections (I'm 5'10" with long arms so I actually do better at Casual Male sometimes than at Lane Bryant)
  7. Not fitting in a chair that has arms (this actually happened at a restaurant when we were on vacation in Mexico and I was so mortified and traumatized I just wanted to order room service for the rest of the trip)

There are so, so many more but I think I'll stop at lucky number seven. Have a great day, everybody!

Agree with so many comments by my top are:

1. You would be so pretty if you lost weight

2. having to pull my leg up just to tie my shoe because I can't put it up there w/o grabbing it to help.

3. having to sit with my legs open to make room for my belly b/c if I close my legs then my bell pooches out even more

4. underwear rolling down below my belly

5. Not doing social events or amusement parks with my son.

6. Act like I want to stand b/c I am afraid I won't fit in the chair.

Won't miss

1. Feeling insecure with myself

2. Being the fattest person at work, I work for the RCMP and all my coworkers are fit and healthy.

3. Out of breath when I walk up the stairs

4. Going on vacation and not being able to wear makeup cause it melts off my sweat soaked face

5. Buying clothes from the fat store

6. Not being able to fit the clothes in the fat store

7. Worrying about having a heart attack every day

8. Wondering when I will get diabetes

9. Being in pain everyday cause my bowling ball boobs are weighing me down.

10. Snoring so loud my husband has to nudge me awake lol

Those are some of mine ????

Great POST!

I wont miss

• Taking pictures with people, because i feel like that "girl with the chubby face".
  • Not being able to shop with the rest of my friends.
  • Wearing cardigans year round to cover up the fact i have huge arms.
  • Making sure my bra straps cover up some of my back fat.lol
  • Returning clothes because their too tight.
  • Type 2 Diabetes
  • Having Serve back pain , because the girls are too huge.

I love this thread. I post to remind myself when I start doubting or worrying or saying "what if"s....

A few more things I won't miss that I thought of:

- feeling like everyone is staring at me when I eat

- not wanting to eat in public, even thought I don't eat poorly and eat healthier than most "skinny" people

- being the fat friend

- not being able to shop in the same stores as my friends when we go out

- feeling frumpy in "fat" clothes

- growing out of clothes every year...well, growing out of them for losing weight is acceptable :)

All are true for me, I have a few to add

- saying clothes are too big when I am returning too small items

- having to suck in my fat whenever I meet people

- the thought of myself as being "well, at least you have pretty eyes"

- actually only taking up half of a queen size bed, instead of more. Poor hubby.

- not being able to have a towel wrapped around me, unless it's a beach towel

- not grabbing the nearest pillow in a couch at a family's house to cover my belly

- pretending to not be hungry when I am starving

- being afraid of eating in front of anyone

- not having strangers tell me I shouldn't eat something because I am fat

- not looking in a mirror and hating everything I see

- not breaking chairs when I sit in them

- not being the fattest one in the family

- my fatness being a family gossip

- not having my nephew sit on my lap, and actually have room to sit

- not asking myself every time I put something on "does this make me look fat"

- not buying shirts simply because they cover my hips

- not being able to buy a Halloween costume

- my legs. It falling asleep on the toilet

- not having a bath, because I don't fit in the tub

- not having people look at me like I grew 2 heads when I say I have decent cardiovascular endurance.

- not being able to live because I stop myself before I can actually enjoy things in life

- which leads me to my last one ; not being a hermit in my house.