Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me it goes away !

Just attempted to eat Breakfast and threw it up 3x .. Please tell me that stuck feeling and the throwing up goes away after its taken out ..

It gets better. For me, I had to learn to quit eating after a very small amount of food--before I feel full. If I start to feel full, it's too late and I'll start to feel "more than full" soon after, so I have to estimate and just take a few bites.

For me, this is tricky, because I got to be a big guy by eating a LOT more than "a few" bites per meal. So it's a huge change from eating like it's the end of the world vs. eating a tiny little bit of food each time I eat.

On the other hand, when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in years, the "rough moments" were totally worth it! I'm shrinking!!! You will too!!!

It will go away... I'm eight months out and feeling fine. First few month's were a learning process... I couln't eat enough, now I need to just pace things....

It's all about pacing and learning what portion sizes are right...something I'm still learning. For example, what I used to make for breakfast:

4 scrambled eggs w/cheese

2 sausage links.

What I cooked today:

2 scrambled eggs no cheese

--And it turned out that it was WAAAY too much to eat, so of course I didn't eat anywhere near 2 full scrambled eggs! I took it slow, ate what I could, and that was that. Next time I know I can't do more than 1 egg probably.

Just attempted to eat breakfast and threw it up 3x .. Please tell me that stuck feeling and the throwing up goes away after its taken out ..

Are u asking if the pain from the band goes away after revision surgery? If so, YES! I was banded almost 4 yrs ago. It slipped a year ago but left in place and just unfilled by 1/2. It finally herniated about 5 mths ago and had to be totally unfilled. I had pain/vomiting with just about everything I ate until my totaly unfill. I became a proficient vomiter. Hubby knew to take me seriously if I ordered him to pull the car over! I got it up, problem solved. Until my band slipped because of frequent vomiting.

For the 1st 4 weeks, I was terrified of vomiting with my sleeve, convinced it would cause a leak. Since I was on liquids, I rarely felt like vomiting anyway. I've vomited once (from eating too fast) since being sleeved. Yesterday, I ate fast once again and felt like it would probly feel better to stick my finger down my throat but decided to ride it out. It only lasted maybe 5 minutes (whereas with my band, the pain would have worsened until I brought it up) and then I was better.

Ice cream is the only food I've found that doesn't agree with my new tummy. Gives me tummy cramps (totally unrelated to band pain) and I keep trying it over and over. I'm a slow learner, for sure!

To answer ur ? about the pain going away with the band - yes. that specific pain goes away. There may be a new pain (yesterday I noticed pain a little lower down, in my actual stomach from eating a little too much popcorn at the movies. It was always higher up in my esophagus with my band. Now it's actually in my stomach)

Good luck with ur revision! You'll be glad to be rid of the contraption...

Thank you all !! I can't wait to start my new journey .. Pain free :)