Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie intake?

I was wondering how many calories you are all getting each day? I'm currently three weeks post op and have just started solids like lean meats and low fat cheeses. I'm averaging about 700-800 calories a day and 80 grams of Protein. I don't know if that is too many calories? I have looked online a lot and people either say that is too much or that any less than that and your body goes into starvation mode. I feel a little lost as to how many calories I should be getting.

A little background, I am a Lapband to Sleeve revision. I was 290 when banded, lost 70 lbs, then gained 80. I was back to 290 when I was sleeved so I basically feel like I am starting from the beginning all over again. I think I am down 12 lbs since surgery three weeks ago, but I did stall last week for the whole week. That's why I am concerned about my calories because I have a lot of weight to lose and want to get the maximum weight loss possible. Thanks for any help or advice!!

When I got to solid foods is when I started tracking everything, from that point until about 8 months out I was eating between 700 and 900 calories a day and between 70 and 90 grams of Protein, less then 50 carbs usually less then 20. I also was drinking about 96 oz of Water at that point which I then upped to 128 oz at about 3 months out.

Now at 9 months out I eat between 900 and 1200 calories, between 120 and 140 grams of protein, around 30 carbs and still drink 128 oz.

Good Luck.

I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day, usually get in about 80-100 grams of Protein, drink at least 10 glasses of liquid and walk about 5-7 miles a day.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Honestly that's a loaded question because it's going to be different for everyone. You should talk with ur nutritionist or doc. Obviously u can't eat the same amount of calories as someone who has been sleeved 12 months.

I'm 18 months post op and eat between 1600-1800. Seems like a lot but I'm breast feeding. So like I said ur caloric intake should be catered to u in ur circumstance.

I'm almost 3 months out and eating about 700 to 900 calories per day. I stalled for about a month starting at week 3, but have been losing fairly consistently since then. I'm down 47 pounds and I'm 5'3". Starting weight was 212. Hope that helps. :-)

Btw, when I was stalled, my PA said to get 800 minimum. No more than 1,200, but that 800 - 1,000 would probably be best. She also said not to "eat back" exercise calories. I have a desk job, but also have 3 small kids. I haven't been exercising consistently. I think it really is 80% diet for me at this point.