Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

laurend: I know you must feel very wounded and maligned. I want you to know that even though I haven't addressed you directly, please know that I have appreciated your thoughtful posts and I respect the fact that you often back up statements with data.

Thanks, BJean. I know that I should just take a deep breath and walk away from this thread, but it keeps pulling me back in.:faint: It's just really frustrating when everything finally calms down and then blows up again because someone doesn't think about the effect of what they are saying.

Thanks, BJean. I know that I should just take a deep breath and walk away from this thread, but it keeps pulling me back in.:faint: It's just really frustrating when everything finally calms down and then blows up again because someone doesn't think about the effect of what they are saying.

I think you are doing fine. Sometimes we do have to walk away, go pet our cat or something.

I also think we need to remember that we who are still hanging out posting to this thread had time to work it out and calm down. Gadgetlady came in and was catching up. So I think it's worth cutting her a little slack. And figure we are all back on the same page now.

I personally love converstations like this. I learn a lot from them.

Yowza. :omg:

Gadgetlady, thanks for recalling that phrase. In the future, I think the word "flamed" will do nicely to describe the phenomenon you have in mind.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will use that in the future.

laurend: I know you must feel very wounded and maligned. I want you to know that even though I haven't addressed you directly, please know that I have appreciated your thoughtful posts and I respect the fact that you often back up statements with data.

Just to clarify, laurend, I have never found your posts to be anything but thoughtful, well-delivered, and honest. I was not maligning you in any sense of the word, and I'm sorry you felt that I was.

It amazes me how true believers can not see when one of their own has erred. Ron may be 100% correct in his feeling on Jesus, but he has erred in his approach. EVEN HE HAS ADMITTED THAT.

Of course "ousooner" was the exception that proved the rule. I thank him for seeing the light.

When the Christians who are involved in political activism complain about how they are abused, I marvel at how a group that controlled both houses of congress, the White House and the majority of federal judges can feel picked upon. Or gang-raped for being disagreed with.

Is there nothing for people who do not believe (in everything exactly as the Christian Right Political Movement does), can do except to revel in the light of the the Right and the might of the Right, that will satisfy the perfection of the Christian Right Political Movement?

Ron, why do you bestow blessings on everyone that agrees with you? Don't we, who disagree with you, need the blessings even more?

I listen to the FOX News talk shows on WSTU, Republican Talk Radio, and when a phone caller agrees with the host, the host says, "You are a great American" and the caller replies, "You are a great American". Everyone, that does not agree with the Right-wing hosts, must therefor, by the process of elimination, be traitors to America. Even the darling of the Right, Ann Coulter agrees with that analysis.

So only Jews who find Christ are complete Jews? The rest of the Jews are bad, I guess.

I guess someone will tell me how Moses worshiped Christ. I have heard that before. How about Noah?

I also assume that Christians (like many here at LBT, including me) who don't buy a “word for word” interpretation of the Bible or who realize the politics that went into the Bible or who see the Qur'an as a retelling of the “Old and New Testaments” with many of the same characters, are doomed to everlasting burning in the eternal fires, unless those who think they have the only way are wrong.

I don't believe the Bible is to be taken “word for word”, but as stories to make a point.

I don't believe "Revelations" was anything but a communication between the Christians being tormented by the Romans.

I don't need Hell to Love Jesus.

I also think we need to remember that we who are still hanging out posting to this thread had time to work it out and calm down. Gadgetlady came in and was catching up. So I think it's worth cutting her a little slack. And figure we are all back on the same page now.

Thanks, lisah25. I honestly had no idea my choice of words would cause such an uproar. I should have used "flamed" instead, but sometimes the thesarus in my head isn't working properly. I've used that phrase in my life to describe things (unrelated to this thread), and no one IRL has ever been outraged by it, so I had no idea there would be a group of people that would react in the way you all did.

Thanks, lisah25. I honestly had no idea my choice of words would cause such an uproar. I should have used "flamed" instead, but sometimes the thesarus in my head isn't working properly. I've used that phrase in my life to describe things (unrelated to this thread), and no one IRL has ever been outraged by it, so I had no idea there would be a group of people that would react in the way you all did.

And your original phrase serves so well to cast you in the role of victim and those who disagree with you in the role of perpetrator, but I'm sure that never crossed your mind either.

And "completed Jew?" How fucking condescending your friend sounds.

:::Backing out of room, too busy watching Water seeking its own level and all to turn around:::

Ron WE MISS you! Where are you...? :omg:

I am also a Christian have been bombarded with the anti-christian community on this board... Hang in there! Your spreading the truth as we are told to do! There is a very far left voice that dominates this particular board, not sure why the moderate voices are hard to find here???

Blessings to you! I admire your will, and your knowledge! :D

Completed Jew. Hmmm...I wonder what the survivors of the Holocaust would think of that terminology.

I honestly had no idea my choice of words would cause such an uproar.
Really? I highly doubt that. You, by all accounts, are a highly educated woman. I can't see how ANY woman, but especially one such as yourself, wouldn't be able to see that the word "gang-raped" can have an extremely negative connotation, especially when the comment is about a discussion.

Let me ask you this: When you were typing that statement, did you happen to think what your friend that had been raped would think of that comment? If you think she probably would have objected or been hurt by it, you probably shouldn't have said it.

Really? I highly doubt that.

You can choose to believe me or not, but it's the truth. I have used that phrase before IRL and have never been "called" on it -- until now.

I have apologized to any I offended. I will not use that term again.