Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Do I have to throw Water on you people?!? Please, please, please stop calling one another names and being outright rude. This thread is lots of fun and very interesting, but if passions get too heated we'll have to lock it.

Don't make me come over there! :)

Ron I don't have all my ducks in a row like you do, just lying in wait for some unsuspecting heathen you can tear into. But I do know that there is a passage in the Bible that speaks to the use of the word "fool". In the Bible there aren't many words that have been condemned as strongly as that one when one man uses it to describe another man. You have used that word twice in reference to me (and God said "man" in the Bible, so I'm exempt), but now you've used it in reference to a man. I think that as knowledgeable about the Bible as you are, as quick to use quotes from the Bible as you are, maybe you can come up with the passage I'm referring to since I don't remember exactly where I read it. But I have a sneaking suspicion that you have been tossing that word around knowing that it is one of the most insulting things one man can call another man. So I'm afraid that you're protesting too much when it comes to you saying you have been "attacked". (You've used the word "attack" much more often than anyone else here, I'm pretty sure.)

TOM makes a thoughtful statement above when he speaks about medical science being a science that God gave us. He also gave us the science to use carbon dating, trips to the moon, and lots of other fields of scientific endeavor. You can't put science in the equation only when it's convenient for your argument.

Alexandra I do not want to be thrown off LBT. I participate everywhere else quite nicely. But I would not at all be disappointed if you would shut this thread down. It is downright ugly.

There once was a man from Comack

His mouth went Yakity Yak

But all he could say

was he'll get you one day

along with some silly attack

TommyO: You didn't listen. I thought I warned you. But you have to admit that this can be fun sometimes, can't it?

I am also a Christian have been bombarded with the anti-christian community on this board... Hang in there! Your spreading the truth as we are told to do! There is a very far left voice that dominates this particular board, not sure why the moderate voices are hard to find here???

Hum, I'm openly Christian, and I don't feel attacked. Never have.

You know, everyone on the board has agreed to leave the personal attacks and the snide remarks out, and engage in serious discussion. I find it interesting that you find it necessary to keep baiting, but that you don't seem to be able to present intelligent, thoughtful foundational reasoning for your remarks. Perhaps what is not fair here is trying to engage you in a meaningful discussion. That is very sad!

Given your "grumpy old man" comment, I find this a bit hypocritical.

Another county heard from! Listen, if you think God is an imaginary being, go right ahead! The time will come when you will be face to face with this "imaginary being", and you can continue this discussion with Him then!

Hell, I'll have a party and they can ALL come and condemn me to eternal...whatever it is...that they can collectively agree upon in terms of damnation...the Gods, Allahs, Santa Clauses, Tooth Fairies, Flying Reindeer, Flying Horses, Translating Stones, Heavenly Fathers, Pastafarian Dudes, the North American Jewish Warlords and the Great Pumpkins.

There is no god, there is no afterlife; when you die, you rot; there are no miracles, no angels and no Satans. Try to consider the concept that we are finite, there is no Big Brother in the sky, that shit happens whether you pray about it or not, and that you are being used...BOY are you being used...unless you are the one doing the using...

MOST of the time, when trying to have an meaningful conversation with the anointed, I end up WISHING there were a God...one who believed in justice, because what a hoot THAT would be. But, alas and alack...it's just the short guy behind the curtain...

Ron WE MISS you! Where are you...? :omg:

There is a very far left voice that dominates this particular board, not sure why the moderate voices are hard to find here???

Blessings to you! I admire your will, and your knowledge! :)

If you call being presented with the facts as being immoderate....well then, you may be right.:cry

You want an INTELLIGENT discussion of an imaginary being?

Okay..here--in ten minutes--is pretty good evidence that you are delusional:

Or it could be that all of the three bubbles are true, but that God is playing a war game with us as the toy soldiers.

But there is no evidence of that, so I guess I am delusional.:faint:

Or it could be that all of the three bubbles are true, but that God is playing a war game with us as the toy soldiers.

But there is no evidence of that, so I guess I am delusional.:faint:

Don't try to confuse me with fancy wargames, or you'll be dipped in hot bacon drippings courtesy of the spirits of the North American Jewish Warlords.

You want an INTELLIGENT discussion of an imaginary being?

Okay..here--in ten minutes--is pretty good evidence that you are delusional:

LMAO Thanx for posting this.:biggrin1: I am very fond of this series of videos.

I used the word "fool" in the quote that I think you are referring to which goes, "The fool hath said in his heart that there is no God"!

BJean, in the last couple of days I have had some lively, meaning and serious discussions with several people on this board, including yourself.

This joker Tom has done nothing to bait me and insult my beliefs, and has hod no intention of entering into any serious exchange. I never initiated any conversation with him. He is the one who jumped in and started with the remarks trying to provoke an argument. In fact he even said that we wnated to get me angry!

Anyone that has the sole intent to cause problems and make snide remarks in the face of serious questions is, in my book, a fool, and I make no apoligies for that. He is what he is!

He makes statements as if they are fact, but when I ask him to give me some reason why he things what he said is true, he changes the subject. He claims that I made certain statements, and when I ask him to show me where, he is strangely silent. I don't expect everyone to agree with things that I say, but we all do deserve a little respect.

And I think that you know from recent exchanges that we had that I am not lying in wait for some unsuspecting heathen you can tear into!! I don't think that you mean that.

Ron I don't have all my ducks in a row like you do, just lying in wait for some unsuspecting heathen you can tear into. But I do know that there is a passage in the Bible that speaks to the use of the word "fool". In the Bible there aren't many words that have been condemned as strongly as that one when one man uses it to describe another man. You have used that word twice in reference to me (and God said "man" in the Bible, so I'm exempt), but now you've used it in reference to a man. I think that as knowledgeable about the Bible as you are, as quick to use quotes from the Bible as you are, maybe you can come up with the passage I'm referring to since I don't remember exactly where I read it. But I have a sneaking suspicion that you have been tossing that word around knowing that it is one of the most insulting things one man can call another man. So I'm afraid that you're protesting too much when it comes to you saying you have been "attacked". (You've used the word "attack" much more often than anyone else here, I'm pretty sure.)

TOM makes a thoughtful statement above when he speaks about medical science being a science that God gave us. He also gave us the science to use carbon dating, trips to the moon, and lots of other fields of scientific endeavor. You can't put science in the equation only when it's convenient for your argument.

He makes statements as if they are fact, but when I ask him to give me some reason why he things what he said is true, he changes the subject.
I don't expect everyone to agree with things that I say, but we all do deserve a little respect.

*cough*

I only wanted to put *cough*, but it's making me write a longer sentence.

Another serious post! I thought we agreed to be adults here!

*cough*

I only wanted to put *cough*, but it's making me write a longer sentence.