Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Since people are having a hard time grasping they way the lord works as far healing and presenting his guidence in your life I thought this was appropiate per this discssion. Its not from scriptures but its my thoughts on how a prayful life might work.

I asked God to take away my habit. God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, No.

His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, No.You must grow on your own,

but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea

May God bless and keep you!!

So wait, you can say something, but when someone turns it around on you, it isn't a serious post? Pot, meet kettle.

Since people are having a hard time grasping they way the lord works as far healing and presenting his guidence in your life I thought this was appropiate per this discssion. Its not from scriptures but its my thoughts on how a prayful life might work.

I asked God to take away my habit.God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.God said, No.

God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to spare me pain. God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

Are you hearing voices?

I asked God to take away my habit.God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.God said, No.

Are you hearing excuses?

Wouldn't you fire a worker if he was unable to do any of the requested tasks given to him?

I think you shouldn't call people fools and then expect people to respect you. I don't think you should whine about being attacked and then attack others.

It isn't necessary to initiate conversations here. We're all free to jump in anytime we would like to repsond to a post.

You are extreme in your approach to telling folks about your beliefs and in fact you go so far as to tell people that they are ABSOLUTELYwrong in THEIR beliefs, and that they are going to hell. Threatening hell to non-believers makes you seem vindictive and vengeful.

When you are able to voice your opinions and beliefs and you have people who jump in to quickly tell you how right and wonderful you are, you can be incredibly kind and effusive to them. But actually, if you really want an open discussion as you said you do, you should welcome people like TOM and others who disagree with you because it gives you the opportunity to cite all of your scriptures and use all of the techniques you've mastered in your pursuit of ridiculing non-belivers.

Is your goal to lecture here and not truly inspire a debate? If so, perhaps if you did not not speak in such absolutes and did not disrespect others here, you would not generate such vehement dissent. People will not always tell you how brilliant you are and what a blessing you are. You say you want to discuss the subject that you brought up, but you constantly get furious and lash out in very hateful ways toward anyone with whom you disagree.

I've been here from the beginning and that IS the way it is.

Thank you Alexandra for your request for us to quit the name calling and belittleing. (sp) I enjoyed most of the post here, as of late some post are sad.

I want to welcome Cal to the conversation, and there was a post where I metioned the use of a Talit, I wish to not offend anyone that knows how serious the use of this is in the Jewish faith, and yes I am aware that is is meant for males. I use a prayer shawl that is a Messiaic Talit, and I was given it by Messianic Christians, and I have heard and used the term Completed Jew for nearly 20 years. It is not a new term at all and it is not meant to say that Orthadox Jews are incomplete. I have been quite amazed by the references to the talit and robes through out scripture. From most of them they refer to the authority of an individual and there are many that refer to the healing power of the office.

I pray with the faith that there is healing in His wings, and that our Savior arose with healing in His wings, which refers to His Talit and its tassels, which I understand are tied to represent the phrase, The Lord Our God Is One. The winding and knots refer to letters in the Hebrew alphabet that represent this. Again, I am not an authority, but I must say that I appreciate the symbolism. I feel as though I wrap myself in the presence of God, and It becomes my tent of meeting. It sometimes helps me to focus and separate myself from distractions.

I had a near death experience, seriously, and a day does not pass where I know that I cannot move my little finger without the life of God moving through me.

When I write in word pictures ie, putting a bandaid on my childs hand, I clearly use this as an extreamly simplistic metaphor. Im not ever going to try to razzle dazzle anyone with my writing ability, as proven by my grammar and spelling.

I hope that we continue to ask questions of each other so as to gain understanding of each other, and If some are persuaded, so be it and if others are not, thats ok too. I believe as Ron does that we should be able to explain or defend our faith.

I also believe that God is the author and finisher of our faith, so its His job to ultimately do the convincing. eh?

I also believe that God is the author and finisher of our faith, so its His job to ultimately do the convincing. eh?

Oh, but that we could convince his self-appointed, self-anointed spokespersons of THAT novel concept...

I'm still trying to figure out how people who say they are Christians take on the trappings of Jewish ritual and call it Christian.

I'm still trying to figure out how people who say they are Christians take on the trappings of Jewish ritual and call it Christian.
There is some merit to that because Christ was a Jew as were all of the Apostles. The people who became the first Christians had to be Jewish or had to convert to Judaism first in order to then convert to Christianity.

Of course this requires much interpretation of the "Older Testament" or Tora to make things fit. Much of what is in the Jewish version of the "Old Testament" is not in the Christian Version and vice versa.

There is a movement afoot in some of the Christian Right Political Movement circles to back the state of Israel in order to bring on the start of the "End of Days" countdown. For all we know, the Illogical Illegal Iraqi Invasion may have been the first step of the "Tribulation".

For those that do not like my mixing of politics into this religious thread, please realize that US politics and the Middle-East's (including Israeli) politics are completely intertwined with religion. If the problems in the Middle-East were about any other issue, they could be solved in a very short time. Also please realize that this thread was about a political issue at its inception.

A fool maybe but not a coward' the world has no shortage of charlatans and false profits. In my youth I met a number of them and they were all the same speaking out of both sides of their mouths. A message of Love for all like them, but venomouse hatred for those who are different. They cowardly veil their words so as to appear loving. When you read between the lines there is another message that includes a wink and a nudge but you know what their intent is. In my youth they spoke from the pulpit and they handed out flyers, today they have websites but the message is always the same. They remind us of the evil that exists the hearts of others and how they want to destroy us. We must act soon and swiftly against the evil foe so as to destroy them first, before they can destroy goodness. They are quick to point out that the evil foe is evil so destroying them is good and even though their actions are the same as the evil foe they are justified because God agrees with them.

They are cowards however because they don't have the guts to come out and say what they really mean and they viel their message, so even though you know what they are saying they only hint at it.

When you call them on it they are quick to yell prove it and they say things like " I defy you to show me where I said that". There methods are always similar, they start with the serman, when someone objects they tell them they know better, when the objection becomes stronger, they get nasty and threaten hell fire, more objection more nastiness and hell fire. Lets not forget the occasional pat on the head for the member of the flock who agrees with them, then more spewing of hatred for the evil foe.

They were most often the greatest sinners and when they are not sinning they are the most holy people on the planet. It's all or nothing for these folks. They are out doing the worst things one day then off to heaven siiting on the right hand of the father the next.

They call names but from a distance, they have others do their bidding but most of all they are cowards

My remarks have been in response to verbal barbs for some others. Maybe I should just ignore the rude and insulting remarks and not respond, which is whay you seem to want.

If the things I say seem to be "absolute" it is because they are, according to the Word of God, and I make no apoligies for speaking the truth. I am not threatening anyone with going to hell, the Word of God is! I am just repeating what God has spoken in the scriptures. No one wants to hear about Hell, nevertheless, it is biblically true. If you have a problem with the idea of unbelievers going to Hell, take it up with God!

I am not in the least "vindictive and vengeful", I am fustrated that some people are so closed minded to the possibility that the things of God are true, that they won't even explore the evidence and have serious discussion on it's merit, without attacking the faith. You can attack me all you want, but when you attack the Lord, the scriptures and my faith, my back goes up and I get very defensive. I don't lash out at anyone who disagrees with me, I ask for their reasoning as to why they disagree. If you make statements and take a position, is it unreasonable to expect one to justify what they say? You expect it of me, but seem to have a double standard when it come to unbelievers.

You seem to ingnore that some here post only with the intent to disparage others and provoke arguments, but them you get upset with me for defending myself in the face of these barrages by sometimes several of you at a time. It seems like you feel that it's OK for you to be abusive, but not for me to respond in any but the most humble manner. I have to wonder how you would respond if the tables were turned!!

I think you shouldn't call people fools and then expect people to respect you. I don't think you should whine about being attacked and then attack others.

It isn't necessary to initiate conversations here. We're all free to jump in anytime we would like to repsond to a post.

You are extreme in your approach to telling folks about your beliefs and in fact you go so far as to tell people that they are ABSOLUTELYwrong in THEIR beliefs, and that they are going to hell. Threatening hell to non-believers makes you seem vindictive and vengeful.

When you are able to voice your opinions and beliefs and you have people who jump in to quickly tell you how right and wonderful you are, you can be incredibly kind and effusive to them. But actually, if you really want an open discussion as you said you do, you should welcome people like TOM and others who disagree with you because it gives you the opportunity to cite all of your scriptures and use all of the techniques you've mastered in your pursuit of ridiculing non-belivers.

Is your goal to lecture here and not truly inspire a debate? If so, perhaps if you did not not speak in such absolutes and did not disrespect others here, you would not generate such vehement dissent. People will not always tell you how brilliant you are and what a blessing you are. You say you want to discuss the subject that you brought up, but you constantly get furious and lash out in very hateful ways toward anyone with whom you disagree.

I've been here from the beginning and that IS the way it is.

My remarks have been in response to verbal barbs for some others. Maybe I should just ignore the rude and insulting remarks and not respond, which is whay you seem to want.

If the things I say seem to be "absolute" it is because they are, according to the Word of God, and I make no apoligies for speaking the truth. I am not threatening anyone with going to hell, the Word of God is! I am just repeating what God has spoken in the scriptures. No one wants to hear about Hell, nevertheless, it is biblically true. If you have a problem with the idea of unbelievers going to Hell, take it up with God!

I am not in the least "vindictive and vengeful", I am fustrated that some people are so closed minded to the possibility that the things of God are true, that they won't even explore the evidence and have serious discussion on it's merit, without attacking the faith. You can attack me all you want, but when you attack the Lord, the scriptures and my faith, my back goes up and I get very defensive. I don't lash out at anyone who disagrees with me, I ask for their reasoning as to why they disagree. If you make statements and take a position, is it unreasonable to expect one to justify what they say? You expect it of me, but seem to have a double standard when it come to unbelievers.

You seem to ingnore that some here post only with the intent to disparage others and provoke arguments, but them you get upset with me for defending myself in the face of these barrages by sometimes several of you at a time. It seems like you feel that it's OK for you to be abusive, but not for me to respond in any but the most humble manner. I have to wonder how you would respond if the tables were turned!!

TURN THE OTHER CHEEK!!