Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

When you stand in from of Him some day, YOU TELL HIM THAT!

God is God if he's as great and powerfull as you say then he is the resaon, cause, solution...... for everything.

Guns don't kill people people do

God doesn't cause fights people cause fights

Cows don't make methane their stomachs do

If God made man in his own image, the only thing we can honestly say is God is a mess.

TommyO

Ron - I promised myself I would not chime in here. but I am going to against my own judgement. Fisrt of all, I will start by saying I am a Christian, no doubts about my faith and my relationship with God. I believe the Bible at its word. I admit I am not as well versed as you. While I believe in most of what you are saying, the way way you are saying it is terrible. The bible does teach us to spread the word, but I beleive in tact, which you have little or none of. Sorry to be so blunt. The bible also teaches us to love and to not offend or turn people away from God. To be honest, if I were athiest or agnostic, after hearing the way you presented the gospel, I would want no part of it. Period. I also beleive in praying for people's soul and that they will someday come to know God the way we do, but to tell that to a non-believer is insulting to them. You don't always have to tell people your intentions. Again, tact is in order. This thread has become useless and harmfull to your cause. Just my two cents. Sorry for the rant.
Thank you.
I, too, have been "gang-raped" on other threads and I know how easy it is to lash out in kind against those who are attacking.

Holy cow.:D I am just going to go hide under my chair and watch and laugh, 'cause this ain't gonna go over well. Nice knowin' ya, Gadgetlady.

I, too, have been "gang-raped" on other threads and I know how easy it is to lash out in kind against those who are attacking.

Wow - that seems a pretty dramatic image for what is after all words on a computer screen.

Wow - that seems a pretty dramatic image for what is after all words on a computer screen.

I'm sure there are those who will agree and those who will disagree. That won't be a surprise. I've also watched it happen to other people.

Thank you and bless you! Since the Bible, both Old and New Testaments are Jewish books, written by Jews for Jews, I have a hard time understanding how people can really understand them unless you look at them from a Jewish perspective. At the very least, it opens up a whole new world of understanding. My hat is off to your Pastor for taking the time to understand and teach this to His congregation. And about your friend, seeing the joy in the heart of a Jew that discovers their Messiah is something that is such a blessing. God bless!!

I also discovered this thread late-in-the-game and have read through everything with interest. Ron, I think you have done an excellent job of presenting AND defending the Gospel, and I don't think anything you have said or done has been out of line. I appreciate your thoughtful responses to the questions presented. I, too, have been "gang-raped" on other threads and I know how easy it is to lash out in kind against those who are attacking.

I have a friend who is a "completed Jew" (as she calls herself) and she is such an incredible witness. Your ministry is a difficult one but I'm sure also very rewarding at times. Our pastor spends a lot of time in his sermons putting the Bible into context and showing how the Jewish faith informs what was being said. I believe you can't truly understand the Bible until you have at least some concept of Jewish culture.

Keep up the good work!

Gosh gadgetlady you must be talking about ME? I will very respectfully have to ask you not to characterize anything that I have said on this thread as a rape of any kind. None of the other posts should be characterized in that way either. Rape is brutal, cruel, painful and illegal. How can you have been raped on a website? Do you know anyone who has actually been raped?

I am sincerely amazed that you would use thaat verbage and refer to some of us other bandsters as "rapists".

I am sorry that you felt that Ron was unfairly attacked here and that he is completely innocent of committing any personal attacks himself. Many of us do not believe that Ron was as innocent as you do. Perhaps since you are thrilled by his message and endorse the way he went about communicating here, you were not being objective when you read all of the posts.

Whatever the case, I would really appreciate your not inflaming the situation just when we had reached the point of settling into a nice friendly debate.

I'm sure there are those who will agree and those who will disagree. That won't be a surprise. I've also watched it happen to other people.

I'm not denying that some threads get heated, and that often there is one side that is the minority and probably does feel attacked, but a "gang-rape" is such an ugly, horrible thing that I don't think it begins to be appropriate here.

In other forums, in the past, I was involved in really ugly "forum wars". I was attacked with personal information I had shared with those who I thought were my friends, and yes did my share of attacking. It was mean-spirited and I am deeply ashamed of being involved in it. But even in the heat of it, I was aware I could turn my computer off and walk away.

That statement just might prove my point.
No, actually, it proves OUR point. You know, those of us who were protesting Ron's language. I don't see how you can refer to an online discussion as "gang-rape" imply that those of us who disagree with you are rapists and expect to not be called on it.

Gosh gadgetlady you must be talking about ME? I will very respectfully have to ask you not to characterize anything that I have said on this thread as a rape of any kind.

I didn't mention you.

Rape is brutal, cruel, painful and illegal. How can you have been raped on a website?

It's an expression.

Do you know anyone who has actually been raped?

Yes, I do.

I am sorry that you felt that Ron was unfairly attacked here and that he is completely innocent of committing any personal attacks himself.

From the way I read it, Ron was defending and/or attacking back. I don't see any place that he started the attack.

Perhaps since you are thrilled by his message and endorse the way he went about communicating here, you were not being objective when you read all of the posts.

The opposite may also be true.

Whatever the case, I would really appreciate your not inflaming the situation just when we had reached the point of settling into a nice friendly debate.

My apologies. I was expressing my opinion of what I saw. Please disregard my statement.

Well, clearly my choice of words has offended. I respectfully recall the phrase "gang-rape". I could choose another word or phrase, but I'm sure it would inspire an equal number of red flags. Suffice it to say, I believe there is a lot of very strong bullying combined with condescension that goes on on this board.

Please disregard my statement.
Too late. I already reported it. It was ENTIRELY inappropriate to refer say that you were "gang-raped" by someone's opinion that you COULD HAVE WALKED AWAY FROM AT ANY TIME.

gadgetlady: I appreciate your apology for heating up the room again.

I don't know why it does have to get so heated, why we think we must use such hateful terms when we are discussing religion. It flies in the face of everything we hold dear. Most of us have been guilty of it on this thread. We should all stand up, walk away from our computer and take a deep breath when we are outraged by something someone said. I've learned my lesson. I hope you have too. God Bless!

Yowza. :omg:

Gadgetlady, thanks for recalling that phrase. In the future, I think the word "flamed" will do nicely to describe the phenomenon you have in mind.

Alexandra: Good suggestion.

As a moderator, it must be challenging to have read this thread and stay as neutral as you've managed to. One day we'll all look back and laugh about this, won't we?