Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best and worst "compliments"

Yesterday a co worker told me my face has too many wrinkles now and I look sickly. I told her "with friends like you I don't need any enemies" and I walked away. Another person who I haven't seen in a while said "you've gotten so thin, are you ok?" But on a happy note my daughter came home from college and said "wow mom you look great!"

I have not had my surgery yet - Its scheduled on Feb 10, 2014. My so called "best friend" (who is skinny) said something to me that really upset me the other day. We were sitting at a table with 2 other people, a man who used to weigh over 400 pounds (he now weighs 225, he lost the weight on his own) and his overweight wife who is a bit smaller than me at 280 pounds. I announced to the 2 people that I was having weight loss surgery in Feb. My "BFF" then said, "If it was me, I'd just stop eating." I looked at her in disbelief and the told her to STFU. Then she got REALLY mad at me for telling her to STFU in front of other people. We are still not speaking. She does not think she did anything wrong. I think that comment was offensive and disrespectful. Should I forgive her?

A lady at work said,Oh your pretty...me- bish, I was fat not ugly....

<p><sub><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:18px;">I have not had my surgery yet - Its scheduled on Feb 10, 2014. My so called "best friend" (who is skinny) said something to me that really upset me the other day. We were sitting at a table with 2 other people, a man who used to weigh over 400 pounds (he now weighs 225, he lost the weight on his own) and his overweight wife who is a bit smaller than me at 280 pounds. I announced to the 2 people that I was having weight loss surgery in Feb. My "BFF" then said, "If it was me, I'd just stop eating." I looked at her in disbelief and the told her to STFU. Then she got REALLY mad at me for telling her to STFU in front of other people. We are still not speaking. She does not think she did anything wrong. I think that comment was offensive and disrespectful. Should I forgive her?</span></span></span></sub></p>

People can be so ignorant! You deserve an apology but you probably won't get one. Now that I'm down 70 lbs I have enough confidence to keep negative people at a distance,

I'm only three weeks out from surgery and every time my mom or dad come by (which is almost daily) they say something to the effect of "hey skinny!" I'm also being asked daily how much weight I've lost.<br><br>

Is it horrible that I'm beginning to find this very irritating? I'm about 150 lbs away from skinny (SW 317 CW 273) and every time they call me skinny I just cringe because I'm not and it makes me feel worse about myself.<br><br>

How do I tell my incredible loving and supporting parents this? They were there waiting for me in the hospital and my recovery and have been so supportive of my choice. Is it best that I just keep these thoughts to myself?

Take any ad every implement you get. You deserve it. Even if you don't think so.

You DO deserve it. Enjoy!

<p><sub><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:18px;">I have not had my surgery yet - Its scheduled on Feb 10, 2014. My so called "best friend" (who is skinny) said something to me that really upset me the other day. We were sitting at a table with 2 other people, a man who used to weigh over 400 pounds (he now weighs 225, he lost the weight on his own) and his overweight wife who is a bit smaller than me at 280 pounds. I announced to the 2 people that I was having weight loss surgery in Feb. My "BFF" then said, "If it was me, I'd just stop eating." I looked at her in disbelief and the told her to STFU. Then she got REALLY mad at me for telling her to STFU in front of other people. We are still not speaking. She does not think she did anything wrong. I think that comment was offensive and disrespectful. Should I forgive her?</span></span></span></sub></p>

I don't know what to say about her.

I have had some negative push back from people I would have least expected it from.

They letter came around. I and everyone here have struggled and lost the the struggle to " do it on our own".

YOU. IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU. NO ONE BUT YOU. You have to do what right for YOU. I don't know if you should forgive her..... But screw her.

Do what works for you.

The person that gave me the most shit before, Has changed and is now one of my biggest fans.

Screw everyone. Do what works for YOU.

A neighbor said " is that you?"

Have you lost weight.?

I said. " yes... And I am not sick. It was some hard work."

I was sleeved on July 11 2013. I posted my before and after pictures at 5 months and was a little shy to do so. So many of you commented on how I looked younger and how I looked like my daughter from the before pictures of me. One person said congratulations on finding the fountain of youth! I loved that and laughed hard. Best complement ever!

There was only one person that is an old dear friend of mine. He lost 100 pounds on his own and has diabetes. When I told him I was having surgery he said he would not recommend it because the majority of the patients put the weight back on. It made me feel sad that he was not on board with me. He still does not have anything positive to say now that I have lost 90 pounds. -_-

Has anyone let friends go who weren't supportive? Sleeving tomorrow and I am thinking my friends need to change especially those who won't embrace my healthy focus.

Has anyone let friends go who weren't supportive? Sleeving tomorrow and I am thinking my friends need to change especially those who won't embrace my healthy focus.

I had to let my live-in boyfriend go after my day- long appt with the surgeon, psychologist and NUT. came home so excited and ready for this new lifestyle change. I shared all the information I had just learned with him, including the tough recovery and lifestyle change that was going to affect us both. He had absolutely no interest or intention of changing with me although he had tried every diet fad around. He just couldn't share the excitement with me.

I was so determined to start a new, healthy life that I knew having him in it would derail or sabotage my journey. It has been three months since he moved out and while the breakup was heartbreaking, I have no regrets. With every pound I lose I have my family and close friends to Celebrate and support me. I prefer to think of losing him as just losing 300 lbs of guilt and frustration!

Worst: your face is too thin, you need to stop.

B***h, have you seen my thighs?!?

I don't say it, just think it.

Oh and: how much more do you want to lose? 30lbs

That's too much!!

Wow, my surgeon and dietician don't think so, but maybe I should trust you instead of their educated and experienced opinions....nah, maybe not!!!

I had to let my live-in boyfriend go after my day- long appt with the surgeon, psychologist and NUT. came home so excited and ready for this new lifestyle change. I shared all the information I had just learned with him, including the tough recovery and lifestyle change that was going to affect us both. He had absolutely no interest or intention of changing with me although he had tried every diet fad around. He just couldn't share the excitement with me.

I was so determined to start a new, healthy life that I knew having him in it would derail or sabotage my journey. It has been three months since he moved out and while the breakup was heartbreaking, I have no regrets. With every pound I lose I have my family and close friends to Celebrate and support me. I prefer to think of losing him as just losing 300 lbs of guilt and frustration!

Thanks Mary! That is a big change!

Saw an old acquaintance at a party. As she passed our table, I got up to greet her and she kept walking. As I said her name, she looked at me blankly and then jumped in shock. She said she had seen my husband and had imagined the worst that he was accompanied by another woman. What a thrill. I've become the other woman in just better than 6 months.

WAIT!! Hold the freaking bus!! People keep saying above that "so and so did it on their own"?!?! What the HAY!?!? Is someone else losing this weight FOR me?? I am losing it "on my own", too.

amen, sister!