Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please share your first two weeks post op losses!

Hi all, I was sleeved on August 21. Everything went extremely well. Had two hours of gas pain and that was it! Having said that I am still on full liquids and have only lost 11 pounds. Getting very discouraged. What is they didn't take enough out?

I was sleeved on August 27th and have noticed I'll sit at a weight for a few days and then loose a couple pounds. At first I was full of the I.V. fluids they had pumped in me during my hospital stay. 7 days out I lost 5 pounds. Hang in there. My nutritionist said to expect 1-2 pounds a week, any more might be too much too soon. So, if we loose 2 pounds a week in one year we'll be down over 100 pounds. I'd be at my goal weight, how about you?

it didn't come on overnight so let your sleeve do it's thing B)

Don't worry it'll come....I was also sleeved the 21st. I'm down 26 so far but I didn't weigh in pre surgery. That's my pre op diet starting weight. I find the better I get in my liquids and protein....(spread out the Protein so you get it across the day) The more loss I have. I did stall earlier this week but I adjusted my intake to more protein and more water...voila! Losing again.... you're sleeve wont fail you... it just takes time and learning.

Hello! My misery loves your company! I was sleeved on 8/22 and I've only lost 10 lbs. I'm trying to take it in stride. I figure I just need to trust my sleeve and my body. My bigger concern is the fact that I still have a good deal of pain at my "big" incision site. Feels like someone kicked me there. Sore when I move and even a little sore when I'm just sitting still. Anyone else?

Thanks for the thread - it's nice to know none of us is alone!

-Angela

I was sleeved on August 26th.

Highest Weight = 289

Before pre-op diet = 266

Surgery date = 251

Hospital release date = 259

13 days post-op = 244

I was sleeved on August 26th.

Highest Weight = 285 (7/16)

Before pre-op diet = 280 (8/14)

Surgery date = 266

Hospital release date = 272

13 days post-op = 258

I WAS 315 THEN WENT ON PRE OP I GOT DOWN TO 300 NOW IM 279. SURGERY WAS AUG 22. CANT GET PROTIEN DOWN AT ALL. The only Protein I'm getting down is from Greek yogurt and cottage cheese!

Wow! I am very happy to say that we are all losers!

I was sleeved Aug 27 and have lost 14lbs. I have found that I can't stand the Protein Drinks that contain milk. When I had my band that was not a problem. I find that Isopure is the only thing I can tolerate. My body is craving salt. My tastes are changing. I was feeling good until I started my period. I find myself very tired by the end of the day. The incision where they took my band out and stomach is still very tender. I do a lot of physical things at work. I am considering taking another week off of work to adjust to the diet, tenderness from my incision, and trying to regain my strength for work.