Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much Biotin to take to help prevent hair loss?

My dr said it was fine to take Biotin supplements to help ward off Hair loss (along with keeping my Protein up) but I don't know what dosage to take.. Anyone out there take it with success? How much did you take? I'm 5'4 1/2" female over 50.

I take 7500 a day

I take 10,000mcg a day split over two 5,000mcg doses.

I take one, 10,000 mcg pill a day. But, still getting Hair loss :(

pharmacist recommended 10,000 mcg per day. Seems to have helped. My Hair loss is just about back to normal.

From what I can tell based on reading here, you've asked two separate questions. One, how much Biotin to take, and two, how to prevent hair loss. They don't appear to be related :D

I'm being a bit facetious, but only a bit. A lot of people here have said that despite keeping up with their Protein, Water, Biotin, fish oil or other juju, their hair still fell out. Others have taken no supplements for their hair, and not had it fall out, and yet others took something and their hair didn't fall out so they think it was because of what they took but who knows?

All in all, it seems like a crapshoot. I'm not quite sure if I will take it or not. 5 weeks post-op, I'm already losing more hair each time I Shampoo.< /p>

5000 mcg's per day. I started two months BEFORE surgery and my hair never fell out, didn't even thin. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but it can't hurt.

From what I can tell based on reading here' date=' you've asked two separate questions. One, how much Biotin to take, and two, how to prevent hair loss. They don't appear to be related :D

I'm being a bit facetious, but only a bit. A lot of people here have said that despite keeping up with their Protein, Water, Biotin, fish oil or other juju, their hair still fell out. Others have taken no supplements for their hair, and not had it fall out, and yet others took something and their hair didn't fall out so they think it was because of what they took but who knows?

All in all, it seems like a crapshoot. I'm not quite sure if I will take it or not. 5 weeks post-op, I'm already losing more hair each time I shampoo.[/quote']

Agree with you on this, GG. I take all my Vitamins, get my Protein most of the time, and at 4 mos the hair still started to fall out. I expected it, so I'm not too worried (pretty sure it'll grow back). The part that bugs me the most is finding hair all over!!

I asked my doctor about taking it yesterday, and he said all you need is your Protein, that the Biotin doesn't work.

Do I believe this, maybe, maybe not! Just letting everyone know that's what mine said...who knows:)

I take one' date=' 10,000 mcg pill a day. But, still getting hair loss :([/quote']

What's your Protein intake been like? I'm worried that even with meeting my Protein goals I'll still have Hair loss.< /p>

From what I can tell based on reading here' date=' you've asked two separate questions. One, how much Biotin to take, and two, how to prevent hair loss. They don't appear to be related :D

All in all, it seems like a crapshoot. I'm not quite sure if I will take it or not. 5 weeks post-op, I'm already losing more hair each time I shampoo.[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, but heck, might as well give it a try. You are only about a week ahead of me.

I asked my doctor about taking it yesterday' date=' and he said all you need is your Protein, that the Biotin doesn't work.

Do I believe this, maybe, maybe not! Just letting everyone know that's what mine said...who knows:)[/quote']

I suspect my dr told me ok on the Biotin when I asked just to humor me, but I guess it can't hurt. :P

My surgeon does not mention Biotin for Hair loss in his notes, instead he says after checking your Protein intake try Silica tablets and Zinc which you can get from red meat and raw nuts (also oysters). The notes also mention good fats such as avocado, olive oil, fish and fish oil. Hope this helps!

Garnier Fructisse Fall Fight line has done the trick for me without taking Biotin, I have facial hair problem and cant take Biotin, Ladies Try this line and youll see results, Good Luck!!

Sent from my iPad using VST