Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I should not have had the sleeve.. Not a meat fan and cannot stomach any Protein drinks.. Having a difficult time :(( Anyone sleeved that is a vegetarian or having a similar experience? Any suggestions? I was sleeved July 22nd and not able to have salads or berries or nuts yet... Any help would greatly appreciated.

My surgeon's office recommends Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lentils, tofu, and veggie burgers (Boca burgers etc.) for vegetarians. I am not a vegetarian but I have eaten all those things since being sleeved about 12 weeks ago and haven't had any problems with any of them. Good luck to you.

Protien is essential but do not get overly concerned. Stress can make this step much worse, and it WILL manifest in difficulty holding down your food.

Tempeh is 31 g protien to a cup, calorie-wise its a little of a punch (about 9g to 100 cal) BUT it can be sauteed and incorporated the way tofu is, is totally nom nom and my tummy held it well.

tempeh is often baked into "cakes". I would take and thin the cake with a super sharp bread knife with a gentle sawing motion, add some almond butter, some canned drained spinnach, applesauce (sugar free), BAM! superb display of vegan awesomness.

I will get with my old notes and talk to some friends and see what I can come up with by way of savory smoothies. Veggie are what have the protiens, for the most part.

the sleeve was such a bad idea for me. I'm so stupid. how could I ever think I could go without eating a ton of meat and dairy and on top of it, not being able to stomach Protein Shakes and drinks. ugh. please tell me it gets easier. God Bless all.

I'm still pre op, but Have you talked to a therapist/psych about how you're feeling? It sounds like you've hit the dreaded depression post op that I've read about.

It makes me sad to read how down you are on yourself. Get into some therapy to help manage all the change your going threw. Oh, I've been in therapy for 8 years now to work threw my food issues...once you find the right psyc, it's an amazing outlet to manage all of life's dirty socks that get thrown at you.

Hugs to you honey!

I was a vegetarian for 4 years...not anymore. When I was a vegetarian I ate south beach diet ;minded and ate a lot of quorn which is oh so delicious. I think it is way better than chicken. I ate tofu, edamame, hummus, and lots of cheese. Maybe you can find an unflavored Protein powder and mix it in hummus. Healthwise makes hot chocolate packets that you mix with Water. Those are good and have 15 grams of protein.

oh, i feel the same way and also am a vegetarian :(

pre-sleeve, i loved salads, all that stuff, maybe a little too much, which is why i got the sleeve. but i'm worried about Protein intake and holding things down. don't feel alone though, i'm trying to get through this, although slowly.

I should not have had the sleeve.. Not a meat fan and cannot stomach any Protein drinks.. Having a difficult time :(( Anyone sleeved that is a vegetarian or having a similar experience? Any suggestions? I was sleeved July 22nd and not able to have salads or berries or nuts yet... Any help would greatly appreciated.

Have you tried unflavored pea Protein Powder? I was drinking it for awhile with fresh veggie and fruit juices... It could be added into any cream Soups etc too if you are still at that stage... Is it the overly sweet taste of the Protein Drinks or the milk in them? If its the milk not the sweetness... Eas has a soy chocolate at Walmart that's very good and mixes with Water

I am not Vegen but do use vegan Protein. Love the flavor of arbonne (mail order). vanilla and chocolate best ever!

Sorry that you have regrets. This is something your doctor should have spoken with you about, being a vegetarian. Walmart has a pure Protein shake (not the yucky powder) it had 23 grams of Protein. It's delicious. I prefer frosty chocolate. Also you may want to try unflavored with a veggie broth. Good luck.

There are several vegetarians on here. I get most of my Protein via a coffee shake, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt. Over time as my stomach expands, I expect to add more Beans to my diet. I do eat 2-3 oz of meat once or twice a day but it's not the biggest source of Protein for me. Occasionally I have an egg but that only has 6 gms of protein and really fills me up. In contrast, 4 oz of cottage cheese has 12 gms and doesn't stuff me as full as an egg.

Okay OP, I say this with love and caring for you. I agree with the previous poster who suggested talking to a therapist. I've seen several of your posts expressing regret, and the fact is, you've had an irreversible procedure. You can't change that, and you may need some help accepting your decision and moving forward. Post-op depression is common. Many of us have varying degrees of it, it's not a sign of weakness. More likely hormones and chemicals are out of whack somewhere.

Be good to yourself and maybe see if you can find someone to talk to? Sending you hugs.

Thank you all for the suggestions and advice. And thank you for the hugs.... I'm trying my hardest to move forward and not let my surgery regret get the best of me... everyday seems to get a tiny bit better. Thank you for caring. God Bless

Texturized vegetable Protein, tempeh and seitan (vital wheat gluten) are vegan/vegetarian options that are as high or higher in Protein than meat, and TVP is easy to digest (depending on how you make it, it could easily be considered a puréed food). I love them all (make my own seitan, it tastes better. recipe is on the bag) and have gotten clearance from my doc and nut to utilize them as a staple in my post op diet. In addition, you might want to check out the Facebook page of Dr. Garth Davis. He is a Bariatric surgeon in Texas (had a show on tv for sometime) who is a huge supporter of vegetarian/vegan diets after Bariatric surgery. You will find useful info there. I also strongly believe that taking a probiotic regularly helps greatly with healing, immune system and overall well being. Give it a try, I hope it helps.

Texturized vegetable protein' date=' tempeh and seitan (vital wheat gluten) are vegan/vegetarian options that are as high or higher in Protein than meat, and TVP is easy to digest (depending on how you make it, it could easily be considered a puréed food). I love them all (make my own seitan, it tastes better. Recipe is on the bag) and have gotten clearance from my doc and nut to utilize them as a staple in my post op diet. In addition, you might want to check out the Facebook page of Dr. Garth Davis. He is a Bariatric surgeon in Texas (had a show on tv for sometime) who is a huge supporter of vegetarian/vegan diets after Bariatric surgery. You will find useful info there. I also strongly believe that taking a probiotic regularly helps greatly with healing, immune system and overall well being. You can get them in chewable form. Give it a try, I hope it helps.

[/quote']

Sorry didn't mean to post twice, can't seem to remove either...