Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I usually make my own Protein shakes with Almond milk, whey, spinach, and whatever fruits I'm craving that day. But I need something quicker and less blending for when I'm rushing for the kids activities. Someone had mentioned Protein to go, I tried and it was Very disgusting, but even if I had liked them when I took them to my nutritionist for her input, she said they weren't as natural as they claimed to be and that she didn't think I should continue using them.

So, My question is has anyone found a really good tasting Protein Drink that they recommend? I have a super sensitive gag reflex and I can't force anything I don't like down (IT WON'T STAY THAT WAY!) so pinching the nose and tossing it back will never work for me.

Good tasting is relative. It is very dependent on you.

If you get a better quality Protein, the whey isolate, it won't need the blender. You can get that, plus a Blender Bottle (they have the metal whisk ball in them, so you can shake as you go), and then just pour the milk and the scoop of powder as you dash out the door. I use Dymatize, and I have also used Six Star chocolate flavors. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has some good ones, but I only like their chicken Soup (which you have to heat, but not overheat or it will separate). You can order sampler packs from them for their chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, though. I can drink these with or without added fruit. GNC will let you return opened Protein Powder if you don't like the flavor. But read the labels before you buy, and be prepared for the upcharge for their "expertise".

Alternatively, I use muscle milk light / or low carb dymatize / or Isopure ready-to-drink shakes. I've talked to different people who like them all differently. I haven't found just one that is my absolute favorite. I also do Oh Yeah, but they are kind of higher calorie. It depends on what I find at whichever grocery or healthy store I'm at and what mood I'm in when I shop.

I hope this helps.

Everyone keeps talking about their NUT but my I was not told to use one! Did your dr. tell you to use one or how do I get a NUT? Some of the weight loss on here is just awesome and I'm not doing good on weight loss! Sleeved on July 22 and only 17 lbs to date! What is wrong? HELP!!! ASAP!!!!

OK, here's what I know, for what it's worth. I'm learning as I go along, and just share what I know... I'm willing to read labels and bring in more info, because I just ASSUME (silly me) that everyone is kind of on the same page. I didn't research how Mexico works, because I didn't do that. So...

My surgeon is part of a group that includes him, two dieticians (or, on here, NUTs), an exercise physiologist (trainer) with a gym we can use, an insurance coordinator (my hero), a nurse-case manager, and an office manager. The program involves seeing the NUT and the trainer every month to meet the insurance requirements that their coordinator knows by heart because it's all she does. She gets us approved! The nurse case-manager handles the medication change questions, and other individual things like CPAP and heart and diabetes... So we see her when we are having our freak outs. She's just left, and they are hiring a replacement (not that she can be replaced, but another one, anyway). And monthly support groups.

So the program IS the dietician who knows bariatrics. The surgery happens, but it's the tool we use with the NUT program and the gym work we do. I'm shocked that you don't have a NUT.

HOWEVER, don't freak out at weight loss numbers. I was sleeved May 13, BUT that was after I had lost almost 60 lbs already, through diet and exercise with the program. (shocked me, let me tell you). I'm thinking I'm losing slowly now, but when we're in a stall, here's what they ask us: Are you tracking your food (measuring and weighing and writing it all down)? are you hitting your Protein goals (they set them based on gender and height. I'm 5'10" and a girl and mine is 85g / day)? Are you getting your fluids (64 oz of non-calorie, but your Protein shake counts)? No caffeine, no carbonation. Low carb diet. No more than 5 eating points a day. A shake a day. (if pressed, they will give a calorie target, mine is like 1000/day). Eating your Vitamins? No more than 1 c of food at a time.

Does that help? Feel free to ask me more questions. I have lots of paperwork that I refer to - I'm a scientist :)

I'm going to respond to this I a few hours.

Everyone keeps talking about their NUT but my I was not told to use one! Did your dr. tell you to use one or how do I get a NUT? Some of the weight loss on here is just awesome and I'm not doing good on weight loss! Sleeved on July 22 and only 17 lbs to date! What is wrong? HELP!!! ASAP!!!!

Who told you that? I hope not your bariatric surgeon. A NUT is not mandatory, if you're willing to educate yourself on nutrition but if you don't have time for that, a NUT will be a huge help.

My NUT is part of the package as well. My surgeon works with all the specialties. I have Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Psychologist. They all work together to get my clearances on same page.

I don't think its mandatory to have one but she helps me out loads. Anything I'm not sure about I just pick up the phone or text her a photo of a label and she gives me feedback, same with trainer. If I feel I'm not benefiting from a exercise regime he will change it up for me.

If you feel you need extra support in those areas, check with your insurance for a Nut/trainer that is covered. Or I know that my surgeons support groups have a psychologist and nutritionist present during every meeting for questions and support and those are generally free at your local hospitals. Check it out! Good Luck!

So, My question is has anyone found a really good tasting Protein drink that they recommend? I have a super sensitive gag reflex and I can't force anything I don't like down (IT WON'T STAY THAT WAY!) so pinching the nose and tossing it back will never work for me.

I really enjoy the Premier Protein chocolate Flavor (I get it at costco), it's pretty decent for ready to drink. I'm not a big fan of their vanilla flavor, I can drink it, but I don't enjoy it.

I was going to say the Premier Protein chocolate, too, if you are looking for something already prepared for on the run. Or what about a Quest Protein Bar?

I have been using a Protein shake for the past 5 months that I love. It's MGN Pure Isolate. 110 calories, 25g Protein, 1g carbohydrates, 0 sugar, also contains vitamins: A, C, D, Calcium, magnesium and potassium. It is a high quality whey protein isolate. The only problem is you have to buy it online and it's not as convenient as other Protein shakes. They have lots of flavors and my favorite is ice cream sandwich. It even has little chocolate cookie pieces. Aspartame free, low lactose, gluten free and mixes easily.

I buy mine from muscleandstrength.com