Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet aftertaste hell.

So I have 2 weeks of liquid diet and I am having a hard time. The smell of the shakes is a killer and the after taste is worse. I am having a banana creme muscle milk for lunch. The lady at Vitamin Shoppe said it was her favorite. I guess I need suggestions of stuff with little to no after taste. Does that even exist? Or are there Protein pulls I could take instead? Thanks.

So I have 2 weeks of liquid diet and I am having a hard time. The smell of the shakes is a killer and the after taste is worse. I am having a banana creme muscle milk for lunch. The lady at Vitamin shoppe said it was her favorite. I guess I need suggestions of stuff with little to no after taste. Does that even exist? Or are there Protein pulls I could take instead? Thanks.

I started yesterday and my shakes made me so sick. I had the Bariatric Advantage vanilla. I tried the Premier Protein this morning and it wasn't bad at all. We'll get through this!

I looooooooooove my Protein shakes and they have no aftertaste. I get them from a local store called sugar free and More but you can get them online here:

http://healthsmartfoods.com/chocorite-protein-shakes.html

My absolute favourite is Peanut Butter. French vanilla, chocolate Fudge Brownie, and Cappuccino are also quite good. A serving has 24g of Protein, 5g of fibre, and 3g net carb. Also, 0g of sugar.

It mixes very well with Water if you have one of those magic shaker bottles you can get from GNC or any place that sells protein powder: http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/72/81/70/728170488_260.jpg

I use Unjury and you can get samles from them...

samples... sigh

One Protein Shake with virtually no after taste that I found was "Core Power". I tried the vanilla flavor. The shake is very simple in its taste which I like because some others feel like there's just so much stuff in them. I found it in a convenience store but have not found it in a store to buy yet. I looked up the price online and found it on Amazon...it's just a little pricey. It'll depend if you can afford it but it is good!

I always vite for the Syntrax Nectars. You can get them online at Amazon, bjs bariatrics & my bariatric pantry. But my fav place to buy is Vitamin shoppe website or in store. If instore always ask that they price match their own online price $4 cheaper here!

I love the roadside lemonaide. Im pre op & mix a full 20oz of Water w/ 1 scoop of mix then add whatever mio or sf syrups I desire to change up the flavor. Its never the same same bc i use the lemonaide base to make combos.

I also like the fuzzy navel w/ Water.

For milk based I use the vanilla torte & sf smores Torani Syrup in a blender to make a delish shake.

post-51361-13813669530288_thumb.jpg

I was using Body Fortress chocolate Peanut Butter before surgery & then decided to try the Body Fortress whey isolate as it has less carbs. I added some Torani SF Syrup for some different flavors. But now, after surgery… yuk! Even mixing the two sits like a rock. I've gone to unflavored Protein Powder & mix it with Crystal Light/Great Value drink mix or zero-calorie flavored water or add the SF syrups. 2+ more weeks of this Clear Liquids & 3 Protein Shakes a day is daunting.